Up the Colorado without a Paddle

Thread: Up the Colorado without a Paddle

Hybrid View

Up the Colorado without a Paddle

The next Flight 19 adventure begins.. watch for details or tall tales

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Headed out of Mexico (near the invisible dry mouth of the Colorado River and found our way to Laguna AAF (KLGF). TK found a new way to make his parking spot obvious...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19 COLORADO-1.jpg  

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Ahh but......in my defense the Ultra Cub has very twitchy brakes and I was in a hurry to get to the destination as I forget to reset the time on TO and it was getting dark....FAST! The Ultra Cub doesn't have any instrument lighting either so I needed to get down before it went totally black.

On the plus side I was able to capture this rather 'peachy' Kodak Moment (TM) sunset about 12 minutes out from the target.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Colorado_run_2.jpg  
    Larry

slow and low, not to bad after flying the C-119 in Argentina. So, Don't cry for us Argentina. hehe, No tall tales here! Sometime flying the Piper Cub I thought I could get out and walk faster, but alas, I couldn't stand the bloody fall. Ok, back to the flight it was a nice one and the weather was just grand for a change. Flew over a lot of desert, but it was interest landscape and it was fun trying to find any coyotes to buzz but seen nothing a lot of scrub brush. Shucks, I missed Tako's three point landing. Darn luckily that I didn't do one.

Hello there!

A very nice flight in the desert of California. No tall tales here this time, well except the talk about Blythe and the heat. I can remember how in the heck hot it was when I passed thru there back in the late 50s and 60s. Today flight will be from Blythe to 5CL7 some kind of a pond or something. See you all later.

Just s snap of the last flight I flew.

Members who have read this thread: 0