FR B-24 Liberator Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FR B-24 Liberator Released

Jankees - thanks for that. I will go on the hunt for some more pictures for the lettering font types etc now. Not sure if or when I will start but it is in my paint workshop. Need to spend some time getting used to the aeroplane itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Here is the highest resolution photo of the nose art that I've seen. This nose art was applied to the aircraft at the Tulsa factory, having been the last B-24 built there.

https://scontent.ffcm1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...de&oe=5EDA0524

The letters would be red on a blue and white background of the scroll (the scroll outlined in black), based on the relationship to the tonal values as seen in the flag, where the red appears darker than the blue. That is the way it is depicted in Bob's repaint, and which I think is accurate.

There was a NOVA special on PBS a while back, about the discovery of the wreck of this aircraft in 2010.
    Hi John and everyone. I just noticed they're showing the TULSAMERICAN NOVA special again tonight on PBS at 9pm Eastern.
    Greenhouse357

Thanks for the Heads Up!!

You're welcome MustangL2W. I enjoyed watching it again. Sorry for only about an hours notice but its when I first saw it was going to be on.
    Greenhouse357

Wip. I don't remember if this one has already been done or not.

Greenhouse357

I did do it earlier:
    jk5964
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks Jankees, oh well lol.
    Greenhouse357

Here's another one been working on...

Greenhouse357

Couple more...

Greenhouse357

Beautiful. Another area I'm wanting to explore, along with all the '50's Navy stuff I've been working on, is the Operation Torch and the desert campaigns.

Greenhouse357 - Those are gorgeous! Really good to see "Diamond Lil" and especially the Air Force Museum's "Strawberry Bitch" depicted on these terrific models!

Thank you, guys. I have some tidying up on the paints and will upload them probably this weekend. FlyingsCool, I look forward to your desert campaigns whenever you get to it.
    Greenhouse357

They have been uploaded.

Greenhouse357

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Looking forward to the LBG. There is a very poignant story behind the loss of that airplane, how once the gravity of their predicament struck the crew they did not give up hope; a small group continued away from the crash site hoping to reach civilization and bring rescue. They got not much farther before they succumbed to the elements. A doctor contributed to the account I read and described what they must have felt happening to their eyes, and noted their vision fading with each passing day.

Interesting sidelight is the recovered wreckage of the aircraft is, I believe, in Tripoli in Libyan govt custody and can actually be seen in overhead satellite photos, inside a fenced area in pieces next to a building. Maybe one day the NMUSAF can make arrangements to have it brought back to WPAFB. It's one of the most famous B-24s ever.

I remember reading the story of "Lady Be Good" years ago, very sad. I didn't know the wreck had been recovered, SSI01. It would be nice if it could be brought home.
    Greenhouse357

What a gorgeous shot looking out over the tail of SB.

How do you get the planes to fly in formation like that?

Hi FlyingsCool, thank you. It's aitracker X at this site: https://www.lorby-si.com/
    Greenhouse357

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse357 View Post
    Couple more...

Thank you for doing Diamond Lil (Strawberry Bitch too)! I just wish we could select the glass nose on the C-87 to get a bit closer to CAF's LB-30. (Similar to how we can choose canopies and spinners on A2A's T-6.) Doing it on the D model was the better choice just so you do get the full glazing on the nose.

Thank you, Josh. The only ones I have are the D and J models.
    Greenhouse357

I just want to take a minute to say THANK YOU to everyone involved with the production of this Liberator.

It is stunning to look at and flies right by the book, and thanks to an extended coronacation, I have logged over 50 hours in it. I have flown it all over the eastern part of the US and even did a transatlantic hop to the UK and back.

Again, thank you so very much. I love it and get lots of enjoyment out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by USSMiranda View Post
    I just want to take a minute to say THANK YOU to everyone involved with the production of this Liberator.

It is stunning to look at and flies right by the book, and thanks to an extended coronacation, I have logged over 50 hours in it. I have flown it all over the eastern part of the US and even did a transatlantic hop to the UK and back.

Again, thank you so very much. I love it and get lots of enjoyment out of it.
    And thanks to all of the re-painters out there for giving us all of these awesome paint jobs!

Members who have read this thread: 2