FR B-24 Liberator Released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FR B-24 Liberator Released

FR B-24 Liberator Released

The Flight replicas B-24 Liberator has been released!

For more information: http://www.flight-replicas.com/B24_Home.htm

A special thanks once again to all the 'pre-painters' on this project, which helped make it a very special experience. We have a great hobby.

Mike

Nice Mike, and what are the differences between the P3D version 4.5 and 5?
    I see that both packages are sold separately (with cost $44.95 each).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

a few shots to wet your appetite:
    jk6326

jk6333

jk6393

jk6189

jk6150

jk6129
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Here the price is ok? I see the same like full package: https://sites.fastspring.com/flightr...atorjmodelsp3d but its only J version.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Excellent! I look forward to picking this up once I'm back in work and can afford it. One small correction, on the website, the features descriptions on the product pages appear to refer to the BF-109, not the B-24. Looking forward to seeing all the amazing repaints out there too!

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Here the price is ok? I see the same like full package: https://sites.fastspring.com/flightr...atorjmodelsp3d but its only J version.
    Thanks YoYo, that should be corrected now.

Quote Originally Posted by hangarrat101 View Post
    Excellent! I look forward to picking this up once I'm back in work and can afford it. One small correction, on the website, the features descriptions on the product pages appear to refer to the BF-109, not the B-24. Looking forward to seeing all the amazing repaints out there too!
    Many thanks! Corrected now. Html and I are not always good friends....

Nice Mike, and what are the differences between the P3D version 4.5 and 5?
    I see that both packages are sold separately (with cost $44.95 each).

The difference is in two areas. The first is the textures. V5 requires different spec and alphas than v4.5. The second is in the pop-up panel gauges (v5 eliminates some of the earlier ones).

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    The difference is in two areas. The first is the textures. V5 requires different spec and alphas than v4.5. The second is in the pop-up panel gauges (v5 eliminates some of the earlier ones).
    TY Mike for reply, but this changes cost of whole model? Its 89$ together (deep breath). In my plan I dont want to stay with 4.5 too long. Im waiting for fixes for v5 which is very buggy still. In the last few days I posted near 100 times about bugs in P3Dv5 Forum of LM. So in the nearest future Id like to go to P3Dv5, Im on 4.5 still but only for next few weeks I suppose which means I can't buy both versions right now (I will probably only use v5 but now its the move of Lockheed Martin and Im waiting for this). Just two cents from my side. Im sure the model is great but sorry for honesty. CRG, model looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Thanks YoYo, that should be corrected now.
    No problem!

TY Mike for reply, but this changes cost of whole model? Its 89$ together (deep breath). In my plan I dont want to stay with 4.5 too long. Im waiting for fixes for v5 which is very buggy still. In the last few days I posted near 100 times about bugs in P3Dv5 Forum of LM. So in the nearest future Id like to go to P3Dv5, Im on 4.5 still but only for next few weeks I suppose which means I can't buy both versions right now (I will probably only use v5 but now its the move of Lockheed Martin and Im waiting for this). Just two cents from my side. Im sure the model is great but sorry for honesty. CRG, model looks great!

The Complete package is $44.95 US. (You will be giving people the wrong idea here.)

If enough users who purchase for 4.5 would like to purchase (at very minimum cost) an upgrade to v5 when they move up, then this could be a possibility.

I only just finished this repaint a couple days ago, so it is not included with my other two, but I have just uploaded it here to Sim-Outhouse. This repaint depicts the restored Consolidated Fort Worth built B-24J-85-CF 44-44052 owned and operated by The Collings Foundation, registered as N224J, one of only two B-24's still flying. This aircraft was originally delivered to the RAF as a Liberator GR.VI, serial KH191, in October 1944 and flew anti-shipping, bombing and re-supply missions in the Pacific Theatre. After WWII it was one of 36 B-24's to actively serve in the Indian Air Force until 1968. In 1981 the aircraft was acquired by Doug Arnold and airfreighted to the UK where it was stored until the Collings Foundation acquired it in 1984. The restoration to return the aircraft to flight took place at Tom Reilly's Vintage Aircraft company in Kissimmee, Florida, which after more than 5 years and 97,000+ man hours resulted in the aircraft flying again for the first time on Sept. 10, 1989. It was initially painted as "The All American", and then as "The Dragon and His Tail" for several years. In 2005, the aircraft was completely repainted as it appears now as 'Witchcraft'. The original 'Witchcraft' was a Ford-built B-24H assigned to the 790th BS, 467th BG, 8th Air Force, based at Rackheath, England, known as the "Rackheath Aggies". The original 'Witchcraft' flew an incredible 130 combat missions with various crews between April 1944 and April 1945 with no serious injuries or casualties to any of its crew members. In 2005, original 467th BG artist and 'Witchcraft' crewman Bob Dekerf applied the nose art on the Collings aircraft just as he had on the original in 1944.

These screenshots are from P3Dv5.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Wow, nice shots John again! P3Dv5 will be amazing platform! B-24 looks terrific here .

@Mike, so maybe pls add to one option in store > upgrade to v5 for owners of 4.5? If is it possible? Just idea according your reply (or bundle version for v4 and v5).

Wow, nice shots John again! P3Dv5 will be amazing platform! B-24 looks terrific here .

@Mike, so maybe pls add to one option in store > upgrade to v5 for owners of 4.5? If is it possible? Just idea according your reply (or bundle version for v4 and v5).

We'll see. It could open a can of worms, in that then everyone will want an upgrade of everything for every sim, and I'm not prepared to do that. It would be better if people held off purchasing until they have a sim they know they'll hold on to for a while.

Bravo Mike!!! What a great package.

Before this gets out of hand let's not quibble about the price, we know how that will end!
    Aside from being a much wanted and highly anticipated aircraft, it has a great selection of skins and covers almost ALL versions of the Liberator.
    Time costs money and Mike has spent a lot of time to bring us mere mortals a great aircraft.
    So no more whining about the cost.
    It is very fair!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I’ve been following the B-24 development from the beginning with much anticipation.
    A definite release day purchase for me, but....

With the separate packages for V4.5 an V5, I’m a little conflicted.
    I will upgrade to V5, that is a definite.
    My concern is the need to upgrade to W10.
    I’ve had some unpleasant experiences with W10 at work and at play.
    My current slightly dated W7 rig runs 4.5 well and I enjoy it.
    I don’t want to risk screwing it up by upgrading to W10.

That said, I plan to eventually build a new rig for W10 and V5, but that won’t happen right away. I definitely don’t have the patience or self control to not buy the B-24 before then!

I would add my vote for the ability to upgrade the V4.5 B-24 to V5 at a later date without having to buy the whole thing again.
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

I can appreciate that.

As mentioned, it's highly unlikely that there will be a upgrade for 4.5 purchasers. However, if you will definitely be switching to v5 later, there is a sort of work around that may work.

If you install the v5 version B-24 into v4.5 (just point the installer to your v4.5 installation), then use v4.5 repaints ONLY as your textures, then this will solve the texture differences (but not with the default paint schemes, obviously), AND if you can modify a panel.cfg then you can also modify the pop-up panel with 4.5 gauges (primarily the HSI) to suit your interest. Then when you finally have P3Dv5 (which is a much, much better sim than v4.5, imho) you can simply reinstall your v5 B-24's into your new v5 (and now have all the default paint schemes, too).

P3Dv5 matt textures (eg. camouflaged) will work in 4.5, by the way. It's' really just the bare metal ones that really won't.

I haven't tried this, but I think that should work.

As there is not so much info given, i would like to ask what systems are included - electrical, hydraulic etc. ?
    Will cowl flaps overheat engines when improperly set ?

Artur

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​I am getting picky with my purchase this time. I have only purchased the P3D V4.5 'J' model as I know it was used by the RAAF. Once I upgrade my video card to handle P3D V5 I will be looking to getting the 'J' again.

Thank you Mike for providing the different models. Made my choice very easy.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I would add my vote for the ability to upgrade the V4.5 B-24 to V5 at a later date without having to buy the whole thing again.
    Yep, I will also hold back buying now, Im waiting for "working" P3v5 when LM will solve most basic issues (weekes maybe, maybe months ). Till now I'm stick on P3Dv4.5 but dont want to buy twice. I appreciate that for v5 version textures have been improved (which is true that they must be for v5 if it isn't issue of LM) just pity that no combo package or with two installers. Most developers do this or promised this for the next update with the same price ;>.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​I am getting picky with my purchase this time. I have only purchased the P3D V4.5 'J' model as I know it was used by the RAAF. Once I upgrade my video card to handle P3D V5 I will be looking to getting the 'J' again.

Thank you Mike for providing the different models. Made my choice very easy.
    Pat, there are two more RAAF paints in my textures on the FR site, and they should be fine for v4.5. Still working on updates for v5...

jk5900

jk5912
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Thanks JK I will get them in the morning.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I cannot buy cause transaction is rejected.
    Process repeat does not help.
    Strange as first time experienced such quirk.

EDIT - bought via PayPal
    download speed 14kb/sec :-))
    Last edited by Artur; April 23rd, 2020 at 07:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Artur View Post
    I cannot buy cause transaction is rejected.
    Process repeat does not help.
    Strange as first time experienced such quirk.

EDIT - bought via PayPal
    download speed 14kb/sec :-))
    Artur, may I suggest that if you have problems like that, you should contact the selling agency. I fail to see that this complaint bears any positive contribution to this thread.

Best,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I understand that creator of B24 visits this forum, so he should be aware that his potential customers have basic issues with purchasing his product, but maybe i am wrong ...
    If u feel that such info is redundant, please feel free to wipe out my message.

Members who have read this thread: 1