Ford liveries selected By YOU!

Thread: Ford liveries selected By YOU!

Ford liveries selected By YOU!

Hi everyone I hope you are staying as safe as possible!

So with the Aeronca project nearing its development run it's time to start laying out the pipeline for the Ford Tri Motor development.

So there are a few models planned. It will stay as the 4at as it was the one that had the most options.

So I'm turning this over to the community.
    I want you gus to choose the airlines and cargo haulers you want in this release. I also want you to choose a couple liveries that are upgraded to modern times but not to modern.

So screenshots of liveries you want and those most requested are going into this project.

So go for it!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Classic

Eastern & Pan Am

Modern

Delta (Widget)??
    https://www.airliners.net/photo/Delt...57-232/54263/L

JetBlue (Retro) ??
    https://www.airliners.net/photo/JetB...-232/4176635/L
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Island Airlines would be cool, as my dad and stepmom flew in their Trimotor around 1970 or so...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tri-Motor_Island_Airlines_Postcard.jpg  

How about including the markings of those currently flying?

I would like to see one for the Johnson Flying Service out of Missoula, Montana. It was used to haul freight for the USFS and to transport smoke jumpers in the fire season. Copies of photos available on request. Thanks, Harley Dude

City of McMinnville. its a 5 and alive in the evergreen aviation museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas J Wood View Post
    Hi everyone I hope you are staying as safe as possible!

So with the Aeronca project nearing its development run it's time to start laying out the pipeline for the Ford Tri Motor development.

So there are a few models planned. It will stay as the 4at as it was the one that had the most options.

So I'm turning this over to the community.
    I want you gus to choose the airlines and cargo haulers you want in this release. I also want you to choose a couple liveries that are upgraded to modern times but not to modern.

So screenshots of liveries you want and those most requested are going into this project.

So go for it!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030091.jpg  

Both Tri-Motor's that EAA operates:
    -EAA's 1929 4-AT-E NC8407 - Eastern Air Transport

- Liberty Aviation Museum’s 1928 Ford Tri-Motor 5-AT-B NC9645 - Transcontinental Air Transport "City of Wichita"

Other Beautiful Flyers:
    - Private 1927 4-AT-A NC1077

- Mid-America Flight Museum's 1929 4-AT-E NC9612

- Kermit Weeks' 1929 5-AT-B NC9651

Guinea Airways VH-UDY?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I second that Evergreen livery! Had a similar paint for the default FS9 Trimotor years back. It was a favorite of mine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tri 1.jpg   tri 2.jpg   tri 3.jpg  

Pan Am Airlines

Hey awesome suggestions.

The model is one heck of a beast to paint but I will put in as many of these as I can with out taking up all of your HD's!

When I was contracting to Blizzard a real cool elderly Japanese artist in there taught me a new method to handling corrugated textures that renders way higher detail, but still a beast!
    Good response on this I'm happy to see so many great suggestions.

I will do one "What if" totally modern livery as well. One of the ones from above. It will look incredible! I will put it on one of the models with the engine covers and wheel fenders.

There will be two sets of gauges as well as a few different interiors, from beat up well used to pristine perfectly restored to a modernized daily flyer or someones private toy.
    I will get some new sounds done up that will be high def, i need to get some one to do those as I don't have that kind of equipment here. Flight model brought up to date and a lot of options. I will get for you guys a real good much easier to use paint kit as well.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

What wonderful news! Thank you for doing this.

I had the good fortune and pleasure of flying in the Island Airlines Fords frequently when growing up here near Port Clinton, Ohio and more recently I've flown in the EAA bird. The Tin Goose is a grand old lady!

I have my Handy two FORD Trimotor 'bibles' here with every acft listed and can send photos or any additional details if that would help.

I do have a question though, any chance of getting a Ski version? Float?

And you are doing 4-AT only? Any just out of curiosity, any chance of the Single-Engine Ford?

Thank you for your efforts regardless.

KevinB

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman1960 View Post
    What wonderful news! Thank you for doing this.

I had the good fortune and pleasure of flying in the Island Airlines Fords frequently when growing up here near Port Clinton, Ohio and more recently I've flown in the EAA bird. The Tin Goose is a grand old lady!

I have my Handy two FORD Trimotor 'bibles' here with every acft listed and can send photos or any additional details if that would help.

I do have a question though, any chance of getting a Ski version? Float?

And you are doing 4-AT only? Any just out of curiosity, any chance of the Single-Engine Ford?

Thank you for your efforts regardless.

KevinB

No Ski version, but a float version, Im basically worn out working on it to be frank. Its 2.5 million polies of rock'n'roll that is pushing me to the limit and I want to deliver it in 3 months.

All the old liveries will be in it plus a pile of new ones. It has all the bells and whistles and is a top shelf add on that is right up there with the very best.
    Here is a P3D 5 Screenie, its converting really well and it looks ok here...it will be way way better soon. The fsx version is way above this now as well. This is the base paint it still need more layers added for depth but its getting there, nice thing is the new Maya animations took well and the new pbr textures in the interior are holding up. There are 5 or sow different models in the add on, probably over 20 liveries by the time its done and a few interiors and two gauges sets. Its a beast of a project but a real feather in my cap. Hard work though. It will work in every flight sim from fsx sp1 all the way to P3D v5+. Sure liking your suggestions all!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ford float P3D 5.jpg  
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Just purchased the Tri-motor. Great addition. Love it.
    Last edited by WarHorse47; August 14th, 2020 at 14:16.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 0