Question for the pros

Thread: Question for the pros

Question for the pros

I was thinking of getting FSUIPC for no other reason than I have not used my Saitek throttles for a couple of years since the jumpy spiking got so bad and I am terrified of disassembling them.
    In your experience is it realistic to expect it to smooth out bad spiking or does it only for small problems?
    Any other features of the program would be bonus, but getting my throttles back would be my primary goal.

I haven't changed any of my controls to run through FSUIPC although there is an option to do that. I'm not quite sure how it works but I guess planes like the Yak-38 and Harrier need it to be able to transition to the hover. (Which is the only reason I have it.) I'm willing to bet the glitchy throttles are due to dirt/dust in the potentiometers or the sweeper arm in them wearing out. The rudder function on my Saitek stick is on its way out. I guess you could always run your throttles through FSUIPC to see if it helps.

In my experience .... No. I have two such Saitek Throttle units. One is awful for the jitters and has been since almost new. It came as a package with my Saitek Cessna yoke FSUIPC did nothing to calm the beast and it now sits unloved in the garage. It came not as a USB unit but a pin connector through the yoke.

The other works fine but I have to concede it is an overpriced item for what it is.

FSUIPC is a great tool otherwise and I would recommend buying it anyway.

As regards the throttles I am looking forward to Honeycomb announcing theirs and hope that price wise it is not too extortionate and is made of higher grade components than Saitek (Logitech) ever managed.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Thanks for the response guys, I am pretty sure it is dust, I have seen where some guy showed how to clean it but I have balked at disassembling things that far.
    For a while I could get some improvement by blasting down in there with a compressed air duster but it seems it is beyond that now.

Members who have read this thread: 0