Korean War

Thread: Korean War

Korean War

I had a great time yesterday playing about with the Korean War add on.

I do not see it mentioned a great deal on here.

One thing I noticed was that in the Campaign no ground targets seemed to show up.

But otherwise a great sim to mes about with.

Korea was iirc the first add-on theatre for CFS3 and wasn’t fully developed. I think you’ll find you can land on water without going splosh, for example. It’s also about the aircraft limit for fast jets, since CFS3 doesn’t model the flight behaviour of later, even faster, jets at all well.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Have a look in the downloads section (if you haven't already). There are still quite a few add ons for the KTO there.

Thanks,

I will have a good look

I've got a few things KTO related I'm trying to get done and eventually upload. Like this soon to be released F-86F-2 GUNVAL conversion "kit" with new textures (including bump map). I finally figured out how to modify the XDP without having to hack the M3D to pieces.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Great to see something done for the Korea expansion ! Thanks ! Regards,Scott

I haven't forgotten the F-86 Gunval. I had to drop everything a couple weeks ago due to life issues. Hope to have this wrapped up and ready next week.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    One thing I noticed was that in the Campaign no ground targets seemed to show up.

But otherwise a great sim to mes about with.
    Hi Oliver, you need to check the spawn xml files called by the ground.spawns file. You need the full set of ground spawn xml files that are listed in the ground.spawns file, and also a corresponding set of vehicles for each nation participating in your campaign. Then you will get ground spawns.

eg an armored column xml file called in the ground.spawns file, may call for #tracked vehicles, #supply_truck vehicles and an AA mobile vehicle. If the ground.spawns die roll calls for this armored column, then the vehicles for the relevant nation need to be present to provide the ground activity.

The same goes for frontline spawns. In a campaign, if you are attacking ground targets, the ground targets will be generated from the frontline.spawns file. The ground.spawns file just generates ground activity flavour across the terrain.

If the Korean war terrain lacks roads, rail or shippinglane vectors, there are no immediate places for the vehicles/ships to locate. In this case the spawn xml files need to be modified from Groundtype="road" or "shippinglane" , to "Direct". It starts to get a bit complicated. However, the stock spawn files contain a number of examples where GroundType="direct" are used, for you to follow the approach.

Members who have read this thread: 2