Animation problem

Thread: Animation problem

Animation problem

Hello all
    I'm new on Gmax works, and try to animate parts of a plane to be converted for CFS2. I have always one of the animations that don't work, it changes, passing from tailhook to cowling, a tire, a gear or a propeller, and when I have a look at the model converted with scasm, the lazy animation is always the last listed, does somebody have an idea about it?

Thanks for a light on my lack of knowleges
    Martin Klein

are you using Ivans mdlc to compile/convert the model. I seem to remember in the distant past that the last animation always failed. I'm also kind of certain this was fixed in a later version. Which version do you use? (if you do)

Failing that you could add a dummy animation that does nothing, ie. one that doesn't work in CFS2 anyway like the control stick key frames.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    are you using Ivans mdlc to compile/convert the model. I seem to remember in the distant past that the last animation always failed. I'm also kind of certain this was fixed in a later version. Which version do you use? (if you do)

Failing that you could add a dummy animation that does nothing, ie. one that doesn't work in CFS2 anyway like the control stick key frames.

Jamie
    Thanks for your answer, Jamie
    I convert with MDLC ver 2.0 mounted with Dosbox by Allen, thanks a lot for him to have done it. Thanks for the idea to add a fake anim, but I'ld have to do again all the other animations for this one to be the last in the list perhaps? Do you know an other meaning to convert, usable by a non-programmer as I am?

problem solved

Hello Jamie
    Your advise worked perfectly, all my anims works fine! the model is a multi-LOD, so I set up a spoilerwell_l I didn't need on an invisible part in the LOD25, and the result in the scasm file is at the end a l_spoiler and a userdefined, so all works pretty well, thanks
    May be I can bother you with a second request, in the scasm file, I reduced the pedals movment with the interpolation table, it worked fine, is it possible to use an interpolation table for something else than the rudders, and if yes, what might be the code? it would be fine to reduce the fore-aft movment of the yoke, and to increase the wheel rotation.
    Cheers
    Martin Klein

Members who have read this thread: 0