IRIS F-15 Eagle

Thread: IRIS F-15 Eagle

IRIS F-15 Eagle

Guys, I realise its a strange question for me, but is the IRIS FS2004 F15 Eagle, which went freeware, still available somewhere?

Its sad to see all these repaints, without a model to put them on.................

Cheers,
    Huub

(Yep I know its not one of the bad-boys, too modern and even doesn't have a propeller....)

At work at the moment but I have them. If no-one else posts a link before I can get home, I’ll upload them for you (and everyone)

Huub,
    if you search for "iris eagle" at SimViation you should find both FS9 and FSX versions near the bottom of page 2 - posted by Trevor Marson. I suspect that the FSX version is a portover conversion done by someone outside of Iris.

There is also an alternative flight model that you might want to try as well - that is by Michal Lubiscak.

Hope that helps,
    Ro

Thanks guys your help is very much appreciated. Found it and downloading now. Strange as I did a search at Simviation, but most probably on "iris F15" which should of course has been "iris F-15"..... Its sometimes in the details......

An additional question, how does the Iris eagle do against the Coral Eagle? I know its often personal preferences but you opinion is definitely appreciated.

Cheers,
    Huub

I've had both. The payware Coral F-15 beats the IRIS one hands down IMHO. Cockpit, FDE and external models are vastly superior.

Priller

Thanks, I checked but the donationware version of the Coral F-15 is not longer available. I have looked at the freeware version and came to the conclusion that I liked the IRIS version better. BTW the early IRIS F-15 package announced as FSX works perfect in FS9.

The best thing from the IRIS package is definitely the sound! When I took off for a short spin, my wife came running up the stairs as she thought the next world war had just started . But also the irritating high pitch noise when taxying is exactly how I remember it.

Cheers,
    Huub

Did the F-15E ever go freeware? Bought them all back in the day, so cannot remember.

Yeah it did

SOH-CM-2023
    Whats the difference between the two Coral versions? Freeware vs Donationware.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Did the F-15E ever go freeware? Bought them all back in the day, so cannot remember.
    Yes it did and it is definitely not bad..... not bad at all!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Whats the difference between the two Coral versions? Freeware vs Donationware.

Sean
    Off the top of my head... slightly different texture mapping , a weapons load out model , and an improved VC

Plenty of paints around for both versions

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Yes it did and it is definitely not bad..... not bad at all!

Cheers,
    Huub

Looks better with one of Yago9's paints on it (in the library here or Simviation)

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 2