IRIS CT4 Question

Thread: IRIS CT4 Question

IRIS CT4 Question

First of all, thanks to David for this amazing gift. Developers have been selecting maybe one or two to offer up as free downloads and only for a very short duration. . . .I don't know of any that have set their entire inventory to be free for as long as this. . .Thank You David!

Ok, I am enjoying the CT-4 but I'm curious if others have noticed that the control levers and the switches are non-clickable. . .seems unusual for such a nice airplane.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Falcon I was unaware of this one, I will have to drop by there and get it. Not sure why spent too much time doing instructing with the Air Force in the CT4-B with the little engine to really want to go and drive one around again, but the 300 hp engine version was very good, +-6G and enought power to do a vertical roll. Off to find out. Sorry off topic cannot help you with the switches, see how it goes.

Thanks! I also have a question about Compression Ratio. This airplane used a Continental 300 Jet-A V-6. The specs from the manufacturer call for a compression ratio of 15.5:1. . .the config file shows it to be 8.7, is there a conversion that takes it from 15.5 to 8.7 and that's where the difference comes in?

Current System Specs:

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The Continental 300 Jet-A V-6 is a Diesel engine, hence the higher compression ratio, used for the self combustion of the fuel.
    The CT/4F uses a 300hp Lycoming AEIO-540 which is a petrol engine, which usually run at a lower compression ratio.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

very generous thanks to david helping to bring us flightsimmers over these hard covid-19 days

I've tried the CT/4 in p3Dv4.5, and all cockpit items are clickable for me?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

SOH-CM-2023

CT4

For me it is also non clickable in the VC.
    I'm flying with FSX SE with DX10 of Steve.

Regards,
    John (Siebolt)

It was un-clickable for me as well, I have FSX Gold.

Works great in my FSX.

Thank-you, Iris Sims.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Works great in my FSX.

Thank-you, Iris Sims.
    Did you follow the automatic install? I still can't get mine to work.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Works great in my FSX.
    Thank-you, Iris Sims.
    Quite a few of us have been unable to get this to work correctly. When you say it works great in your FSX, does that include the levers and switches? What version of FSX are you using? Were you prompted to install XMLTools? If so was that successful or did it say it could not be installed because it was already installed and FSX was running (I have a specific reason for asking that question)?

I have reinstalled using the auto installer and just letting it put it where it wants to. . .I have reinstalled using the auto installer with virus scan on and off. The aircraft installs, looks and sounds and flies perfect and any switches or dials on the main panel do work. . .however the landing gear and throttle levers are not clickable nor are any of the switches along the bottom of the panel.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2023

CT4

I've got the same problems as Falcon, reinstall as official shout, XML installed automaticly, everything ok.
    Flying, textures, etc, ONLY NON clickable switches and throttle, MFD's are clickable.

Tried different things, nothing helps.

Regards,
    John (Siebolt)

I think I'll just make a pop up panel for the switches and be done with it.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    however the landing gear and throttle levers are not clickable nor are any of the switches along the bottom of the panel.
    The CT/4 has a fixed undercarriage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    The CT/4 has a fixed undercarriage?
    Yes it does, pay no attention to my ramblings. lol

Current System Specs:

Has anyone figured out the problem yet, I have tried everything(with my limited knowledge)?

Quote Originally Posted by goshawk45 View Post
    Has anyone figured out the problem yet, I have tried everything(with my limited knowledge)?
    My last thought was to just make a pop-up for the switches. That didn't work either because when I would click a switch to turn it off the switches would snap back to the "ON" position. Possibly a code issue in the mdl.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Quite a few of us have been unable to get this to work correctly. When you say it works great in your FSX, does that include the levers and switches? What version of FSX are you using? Were you prompted to install XMLTools? If so was that successful or did it say it could not be installed because it was already installed and FSX was running (I have a specific reason for asking that question)?

I have reinstalled using the auto installer and just letting it put it where it wants to. . .I have reinstalled using the auto installer with virus scan on and off. The aircraft installs, looks and sounds and flies perfect and any switches or dials on the main panel do work. . .however the landing gear and throttle levers are not clickable nor are any of the switches along the bottom of the panel.
    I am running FSX Deluxe Ed. with SP 1 and 2. I also had XML Tools already installed on my system prior to this. I know I also have some files from the Acceleration pack, like F-18.dll added to the sim through advice from other forums - but this was a long, long time ago, and I don't really remember the individual names of all of them. I installed the AC manually. Recently I have had numerous CTD's with it, which never happened before, so I opted to uninstall this model, to test if they come back. So far they have not returned, but still too early to tell. Maybe it was due to having an incorrect FSX version ? Don't know. I am however running other freeware Acceleration aircraft w/o issues, and this one seemed to have all VC clickspots respond correctly when I had it in the sim.

Sorry, I wish I was of more help.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 3