Flyfreestd ????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flyfreestd ????

Flyfreestd ????

Does anyone have any aircraft made by "
    FLYFREESTD" ?

I,m looking at their SU-27, but don,t know anything about their product. Any body here help me out ?

Thank You
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

They're having a sale at Simmarket. 60% off. I bought the MiG-29 early years, Su-27 and T-50/Pak Fa. I'll let you know how they are in about half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by T Square View Post
    Does anyone have any aircraft made by "
    FLYFREESTD" ?

I,m looking at their SU-27, but don,t know anything about their product. Any body here help me out ?

Thank You
    I tried the Su-27 first as that was what you are interested in. The model looks nice and smooth, the texture is not too dull, not too glossy. In fact it is dull with shiny patches when the sun reflects off of it. Looks used, but cared for. (I only flew the VVS but I assume the rest are just as nice.) The VC is nice and tidy with sharp numerals on the gauges. The landing gear is well detailed and a WOW switch on the mains opens and closes the inlet screens. The braking parachute has a nice animation to it as well. The sound set is nice too. If you're in the VC, you just get the drone of the engines but if in tower view, reheat comes on with a roar! The engines are suitably smokey. The plane I flew was clean. I didn't see a way to add stores through the FSX payload editor. There is an in game editor but it controls canopy, chute repacking lights and toggles a ground service truck and crew. (Or "GORUND SERVICE" as it's listed on the board.) I didn't **** so I'm sure there's a way to add stores, but I normally like to fly clean or with tanks if XC. I see that just about the whole family that sprung from the Flanker is there (minus the Fullback). I will definitely be going back for the rest! Buy with confidence, especially at the prices Sim Market has until the 4/23! I like it better than the Bear Studios version.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I tried the Su-27 first as that was what you are interested in. The model looks nice and smooth, the texture is not too dull, not too glossy. In fact it is dull with shiny patches when the sun reflects off of it. Looks used, but cared for. (I only flew the VVS but I assume the rest are just as nice.) The VC is nice and tidy with sharp numerals on the gauges. The landing gear is well detailed and a WOW switch on the mains opens and closes the inlet screens. The braking parachute has a nice animation to it as well. The sound set is nice too. If you're in the VC, you just get the drone of the engines but if in tower view, reheat comes on with a roar! The engines are suitably smokey. The plane I flew was clean. I didn't see a way to add stores through the FSX payload editor. There is an in game editor but it controls canopy, chute repacking lights and toggles a ground service truck and crew. (Or "GORUND SERVICE" as it's listed on the board.) I didn't **** so I'm sure there's a way to add stores, but I normally like to fly clean or with tanks if XC. I see that just about the whole family that sprung from the Flanker is there (minus the Fullback). I will definitely be going back for the rest! Buy with confidence, especially at the prices Sim Market has until the 4/23! I like it better than the Bear Studios version.
    Oh, I should probably let you know it flies well too! You can mush it into a turn, add reheat and keep on going. Roll rate seems about right and the controls are nicely balanced. I run tower view on my second monitor and it all looks like what you see when watching a real Flanker get put through its paces. It performs the cobra maneuver nicely as well. The only thing I'm tweaking in the aircraft.cfg is the speed of the airbrake. It should open in about half the time that it is in the sim. The AB effects look a bit wonky when staring right at the pipe, but from tower view really look the part.

The MiG-29 and T-50 are quite nice as well. The MiG-29 includes a two seater with both cockpits functional. It seems like a frame rate hog on my machine down low with Mega Scenery Wisconsin. I'll have to try it in a default FSX scenery. The T-50 takes some getting used to as I prefer steam gauges. The VC is dominated by two MFDs. Everything is in Cryllic, but the tool tips are in English. Clicking the buttons around each MFD lets you configure the panel pretty much however you want it. Th actual toggle switch count in the cockpit is extremely low as most everything is operated by the MFDs. I see Flyfreestd had a bit of vintage stuff too. I'll be checking that out later. Once again, buy with confidence!

I have the Su-33 and the Mig-29.
    The 3D models and textures are very nice, both for the external model and the virtual cockpit.
    Sounds are good too.
    Flight model is terrible.
    Systems/instruments are terrible too.
    Most of the switches in the cockpit are fake, not clickable.

If you are looking for a nice-looking plane to take screenshot, go for it. It's cheap.
    If you are looking for a realistic addon, forget about it.

I'm trying to buy aircraft from SimMarket and after creating an account it will not accept the validation code they emailed me. It just says "ERROR: Key not recognized or invalid". Any ideas? There doesn't seem to be any way to contact them without an account.

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy77 View Post
    I'm trying to buy aircraft from SimMarket and after creating an account it will not accept the validation code they emailed me. It just says "ERROR: Key not recognized or invalid". Any ideas? There doesn't seem to be any way to contact them without an account.
    This happened to me a couple of weeks ago with a Just Flight product. I downloaded the addons but the servers were taxed when I tried to register. They had me re-download and try again. (This was about 12 hours laterand it worked.) Try that. If still a no go, look on the blue bar at the very top of the page over on the right hand side by the social media icons. There is a "Contact Us" tab there.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    This happened to me a couple of weeks ago with a Just Flight product. I downloaded the addons but the servers were taxed when I tried to register. They had me re-download and try again. (This was about 12 hours laterand it worked.) Try that. If still a no go, look on the blue bar at the very top of the page over on the right hand side by the social media icons. There is a "Contact Us" tab there.
    Thanks but I'm trying to register a new account and the email validation is not working. Because they haven't validated my account yet when I click 'Contact Us' it asks for my login info. When I give them that it says I need to 'Validate my account'!! So frustrating!

MMurphy77, if you get this issue resolved... please advise us. I had the same issue, same site last week. After requesting about 20 email validations and getting no reply, I abandoned the idea of registering. I, too, was caught in the endless loop. I did manage to get an email off to them, but it's been over a week and crickets. I did have a similar issue with Just Flight and they replied within 20 minutes... Super support. Seems too much of a hassle...Terry

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    MMurphy77, if you get this issue resolved... please advise us. I had the same issue, same site last week. After requesting about 20 email validations and getting no reply, I abandoned the idea of registering. I, too, was caught in the endless loop. I did manage to get an email off to them, but it's been over a week and crickets. I did have a similar issue with Just Flight and they replied within 20 minutes... Super support. Seems too much of a hassle...Terry
    Once I was able to open up a 'ticket' with Customer Service they responded immediately and we worked back and forth last night to resolve the issue. After trying several different strategies they were perplexed but finally asked if I would try to re-register but use a different email. I re-registered using my @gmail email and it worked perfectly - registration accepted. My primary email is a rather obscure 'RoadRunner' account that some systems simply don't recognize as a valid email so that must have been what it was. I appreciate SimMarket's efforts in helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy77 View Post
    Once I was able to open up a 'ticket' with Customer Service they responded immediately and we worked back and forth last night to resolve the issue. After trying several different strategies they were perplexed but finally asked if I would try to re-register but use a different email. I re-registered using my @gmail email and it worked perfectly - registration accepted. My primary email is a rather obscure 'RoadRunner' account that some systems simply don't recognize as a valid email so that must have been what it was. I appreciate SimMarket's efforts in helping me.
    I tried making another email account to try and replicate what was happening to you, but it (outlook) kept telling me
    I was still logged in and to sign out, but it wouldn't sign me out. Oh, well. Glad to hear you got it resolved! Blue skies buddy! (Unless you like the challenge of zero visibility and thunderstorms!)

SOH-CM-2024
    Hello to all-

Some years ago I picked up the three Bartel trainers that they were giving away at that time. Their quality looks pretty good to me- enough so that I very well may take advantage of this sale and pick up their Albatros, Aviatik, Halberstadt, and Pfalz packages... I've been drooling at those for some time now!

-Mike Z.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Bought the MiG-29 Early package today, and I have to say the screenshots at SimMarket do ot really do the product justice.
    It's an aircraft that Virtavia or Iris would make I guess. Not too complicated, nice VC, excellent sounds, lots of textures (So much that I already deleted quite a few!) and flight dynamics seem OK for a fast jet.

P3dv4 screens hots btw
    Last edited by Ferry_vO; April 20th, 2020 at 09:47.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Bought the MiG-29 Early package today, and I have to say the screenshots at SimMarket do ot really do the product justice.
    Absolutely. As I wrote earlier, their 3D models and virtual cockpits are quite a pleasant surprise.

It's an aircraft that Virtavia or Iris would make I guess. Not too complicated, nice VC, excellent sounds, lots of textures (So much that I already deleted quite a few!) and flight dynamics seem OK for a fast jet.
    Virtavia yes, but you are severely underestimating the complexity of the IRIS aircrafts
    The aircraft by FlyFreeSTD have no custom systems, the switches in the cockpit are limited to basic stuff like electrical, lights and starters.
    IRIS aircrafts are much higher quality (well, excepted for the F-22 of course...)

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Virtavia yes, but you are severely underestimating the complexity of the IRIS aircrafts
    I meant the earlier 'get in & fly' models, like their MiG-29 etc. More recent Iris aircraft are indeed a bit more complex.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Oh right! I had forgotten about these older models... Then you were right, sorry about that.

Oh right! I had forgotten about these older models... Then you were right, sorry about that.
    What were you referring to earlier when you mentioned the flight models weren't up to snuff? The UB flies right on the money. (The only goofy thing I noticed just last night in the Su-27 is that if you turn the AOA limiter off and pull all the way back on the stick with reheat on the plane snaps to 90 degrees after reaching 45 or 50 at a believable rate. Is this horrible flight dynamic you were referring to?) Other than that the single seat Fulcrum should fly similar numbers to the UB and I am extrapolating that the 27 would behave similarly. (And it does, as long as you leave the AOA limiter on!) The Su-57, who knows if it's right or not. It does all the things I see done in a demonstration, but I changed the thrust vectoring so it doesn't shut off at 80% throttle now. I can run them full power and just turn it on or off at will. (Unfortunately the AB flames don't move with the nozzles like IRIS's F-22 flames do.)

Oh, judging by your avatar, you might be the one to ask! Anybody make a VF-1A-S Valkyrie for FSX? Conversion to Guardian or Battliod (or Gerwalk to Battroid if that's your flavor) not necessary. Just want to fly the jet with a nice VC! Shoji Kawamori and Kazutaka Miyatake really knocked it out of the park with that design. Still looks fantastic today!
    Last edited by Josh Patterson; April 23rd, 2020 at 18:25.

I had overlooked your question and remark.
    The flight model of the Su-33 was quite puzzling for me. You mentioned the AoA limiter, but from what I'm seeing, the Su-33 by FlyFreeSTD does not have it modelled in the cockpit (I mean, it's modeled but not functional, not clickable), so I don't know how you switched it on or off ?

Are you sure you're not using the planes made by BearStudio instead ? These had much more systems and switches modeled, including all switches related to AoA limiter... which never worked for me, unfortunately (switch had no effect).
    Performing a Cobra was at least possible in the BearStudios Sukhois, once I set the elevator trim full nose up and flying at reasonnably low speed.
    In the FlyFreeSTD, in the same conditions, the plane didn't really stall... instead, it just went full speed nose up, and started a very fast climb, just like a very fast ressource of a very overpowered plane...

Concerning the Valkyrie and any of its successors, unfortunately I have yet to see any decent model of that plane.
    I mean, I understand it's not possible to model anything "realistic" about it, it's a Sci-Fi plane after all... but I wish there were at least a nice looking model with reasonable systems and animations...

I had overlooked your question and remark.
    The flight model of the Su-33 was quite puzzling for me. You mentioned the AoA limiter, but from what I'm seeing, the Su-33 by FlyFreeSTD does not have it modelled in the cockpit (I mean, it's modeled but not functional, not clickable), so I don't know how you switched it on or off ?

Are you sure you're not using the planes made by BearStudio instead ? These had much more systems and switches modeled, including all switches related to AoA limiter... which never worked for me, unfortunately (switch had no effect).
    Performing a Cobra was at least possible in the BearStudios Sukhois, once I set the elevator trim full nose up and flying at reasonnably low speed.
    In the FlyFreeSTD, in the same conditions, the plane didn't really stall... instead, it just went full speed nose up, and started a very fast climb, just like a very fast ressource of a very overpowered plane...

Concerning the Valkyrie and any of its successors, unfortunately I have yet to see any decent model of that plane.
    I mean, I understand it's not possible to model anything "realistic" about it, it's a Sci-Fi plane after all... but I wish there were at least a nice looking model with reasonable systems and animations...
    I was in the Su-27. The AoA limiter switch works in it. I haven't gotten the 33 yet. (I would like to see them do a Fullback as well.) I have ditched my Bear Studios Flanker since getting this one. Bummer on the Valkyrie, but maybe you'll enjoy this video. An RC Valkyrie. The wings have a bit of extra chord and are fixed at mid sweep, but dang it looks great in the air! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jfiSAErAp0 (Just be warned, the music is extremely loud!)

Ah, the Su-27 has a functional AoA limiter switch ?
    Well, bad luck for me. During the sale I chose the Su33 because I also wanted to enjoy some aircraft-carrier operations. The second model I bought was the Mig-29. Now the sales are over so it's too late to buy the Su-27.
    It's surprising they modeled that switch in the 27 and not in the 33 though.
    Also, I just checked the product page and there's no mention of that switch...
    Does FlyFreeSTD have any official website anywhere where more details could be found ? Or any reviews ?

Concerning the Valkyrie, thanks for that video !
    In the youtube suggestions, I could then find some interesting development video series for a Valkyrie mod for Arma III !

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Ah, the Su-27 has a functional AoA limiter switch ?
    Well, bad luck for me. During the sale I chose the Su33 because I also wanted to enjoy some aircraft-carrier operations. The second model I bought was the Mig-29. Now the sales are over so it's too late to buy the Su-27.
    It's surprising they modeled that switch in the 27 and not in the 33 though.
    Also, I just checked the product page and there's no mention of that switch...
    Does FlyFreeSTD have any official website anywhere where more details could be found ? Or any reviews ?

Concerning the Valkyrie, thanks for that video !
    In the youtube suggestions, I could then find some interesting development video series for a Valkyrie mod for Arma III !
    The switch does work on both the 27 and the 33. It is switch #5 on the left hand console (third outboard after the taxi and landing light switches) as listed in the manuals. The 33 does the same goofy pitch up or forward if push or pull the stick to the stop at about 420KPH or below that the 27 does. At that speed about 1/2 to 3/4 stick movement is about all you want and will give you a nice rendition of Pugachev's cobra. After some test flying, contrary to what I thought before throttle position has no effect on the crazy pitch change, but it looks to be speed related instead happening like I said at around 420 or so and below. I've tended just to keep the limiter switched on (foward). I do like how the 33 sticks a landing on the carrier. A lot of times planes get all tipsy when trapping but the 33 and 26K are rock solid unless you get off center. As far as an official website, none that I can find. Not even a Facebook page! Makes it hard to see what's coming out, but if they do an Su-34 Fullback, I'm in!

Members who have read this thread: 4