Pilot's B314 Status?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilot's B314 Status?

Pilot's B314 Status?

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into the Pilot's B314 Clipper development beyond the very occasional image posted around the end of 2019. As of last fall it was due to be "coming soon".
    For what it's worth, that applies to the DHC-7 from this same developer too.

Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/pilotsgesmb...nf&__tn__=kC-R

I never saw this video: https://www.facebook.com/pilotsgesmb...50609098213/Im waiting for Clipper too.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'm not holding my breath. They were missing presumed dead for a very long time then we got a few "i'm not quite dead yet" messages, and now again I think they are again missing presumed dead.

I hope they prove me wrong and release it, cause I would be interested if they did, but I don't think we will ever see it.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Icon12 latest info from Stefan

I had contacted Stefan from Pilot´s GesmbH earlier this yeara and asked about a planned marketing date for their new B314 (v2) and then he said that they had planned for Easter.
    However, Easter is long gone and I contacted him again just a few days ago.
    The he said that the whole project had been postponed and they were trying to publish the new version as FS2020 compatible addon as soon as they knew more about the intrnals of M$ new flightsim which is due to hit the market on 18 August.

Fingers crossed! I really like the old version (made for FS2002 can you imagine) and it migrated with me up to FSX, but does not like P3D in any version.

So perhaps we can enjoy a new and shiny Clipper Flying Boat at Christmas :-)

Best wishes to all in these "viral" circumstances. Keep your distances and if that is not possible wear a mask (do not listen to Mr. Trump or Bolsonaro please)

Thx for this info!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the new update. Hope we see it for the new sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    That is the official site of the developers and should be your first source of information.
    Another good source is their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pilotsgesmbh

Nice found, a lot of new screenshots, looks really nice!

https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages...1-8dae8b5ab1f9

Pity than not for MSFS yet .

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nice found, a lot of new screenshots, looks really nice!

https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages...1-8dae8b5ab1f9

Pity than not for MSFS yet .
    That may still be possible in the future though...
    At this time MSFS does not offer a good flight model for this kind of aircraft I am afraid. All planes a bit bigger than than the TBM still have lousy flight behavior, too much power, not enough drag among other flaws.
    MSFS is nice for planes like the Cessnas or the Cubs but not mature yet for larger and heavier planes unfortunately.

That is certainly one of the reasons why PMDG thinks that their first product for MSFS might be published towards the end of 2021

The bigger problem in P3Dv5 and this B314 are metallic textures (with PBR). I wrote many posts in P3D official Forum about this, but till now this issue isnt solved (and Im affraid this problem does not care LM).
    The result looks like the screenshots. Close to black than silver ect. Its a big shame :/ .

Partially it was solved by A2A (floats of Cub) and AH with his DC-3 (v. for P3Dv5 only) but looks like PILOT's took the wrong way to it also (the old way like it was for P3Dv1-4, that shouldn't have happened for P3Dv5 for sure) :

I know, its WIP still. I wrote to PILOTS about this issue to solve it (its possible to use different mapping and gamma of colours, not like "normal" way). This only applies to textures with PBR in P3Dv5 + dynamic reflections (buggy).

Here is topic about this on SOH too: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...light=metallic .

Wow I feeled soon release by nose . News from Today:

Attention all Flying Boat Aviators! This week marks the long awaited release of our first aircraft product in a long time, our highly anticipated Boeing B314 Clipper will finally take to the skies in Prepar3D v4 and v5! We will at first have an initial closed group release for all registered users of our PILOT'S website. All of our registered users will receive an email with further information from us very shortly. Please ensure that your PILOT'S customer account email is current and do please check your spam folder as well ... All others please stay tuned, we will have more information available for you in the next few days ... In the meantime enjoy the product video below. Take care!
    I hope they will fix outside textures before release.

release is this week according to their facebook post less than an hr ago

Very impressive, I had assumed this project was dead some time ago so am glad they finally releasing it.

I think I may have to research some old Pan Am 314 routes.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Very impressive, I had assumed this project was dead some time ago so am glad they finally releasing it.

I think I may have to research some old Pan Am 314 routes.
    First day off after it comes out, I'm going to do a transatlantic after a couple of test flights for sure.

I also have a personal objective to re-enact "The Long Way Home" from Auckland to NY eventually.

waiting on the email like my life depends on it!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Wow I feeled soon release by nose . News from Today:

I hope they will fix outside textures before release.
    Had you looked a bit more carefully you should have seen that this problem has been taken care of already, YoYo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio47 View Post
    Had you looked a bit more carefully you should have seen that this problem has been taken care of already, YoYo
    Not on those screenies but Im after a long correspondence with PILOT's and they assure that now is ok with this metallic textures and black shade.

Not on those screenies but Im after a long correspondence with PILOT's and they assure that now is ok with this metallic textures and black shade.
    The first ones are older, but at the end the gallery shows the updated screenies as well.....
    But the main thing is that they have eradicated the problem!

Have fun with this new classic plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio47 View Post
    The first ones are older, but at the end the gallery shows the updated screenies as well.....
    But the main thing is that they have eradicated the problem!

Have fun with this new classic plane!
    It could be.

Btw. The model will be ready for 5.1 version also. Im waiting for email about release. Parhaps this model brings me back to P3D again .

In the holiday last year, I have read Night Over Water of Ken Follett. This was a good start for Clipper lovers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Over_Water .

So ... cant wait.

YoYo, I haven't had time to install P3D 5.1 yet, but I wonder if it fixes the PBR issue?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    YoYo, I haven't had time to install P3D 5.1 yet, but I wonder if it fixes the PBR issue?
    It was before here. Accordnig recived info yes.

Released- https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages...9-64f534a61a6e
    70 EUR

I was looking forward to this for exactly the same book....

C

It's out, at least for previous customers. Looks good but I'm going to give some thought to it before I jump in as 70 euros is steep and even with the 20 euro discount applied I will need convincing!

I'm actually really peeved. The post said "registered users" not "previous customers" so I was anticipating that just having an account would get me through. I understand customer loyalty but I'm not the only one that was solely waiting on this. And while I was prepared for 70 euro, 100 is just too far out of my price range until I get paid again two weeks from now.

Any chance someone can lend a helping hand? I'll pay shipping!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    I'm actually really peeved. The post said "registered users" not "previous customers" so I was anticipating that just having an account would get me through. I understand customer loyalty but I'm not the only one that was solely waiting on this. And while I was prepared for 70 euro, 100 is just too far out of my price range until I get paid again two weeks from now.

Any chance someone can lend a helping hand? I'll pay shipping!

I would like to point out that this is an internal release. This means that as of right now it is available just for you, being a PILOT'S customer, since only customers with a registered product who are logged into their account will see the availability in our webshop.

Just added it to my cart and it looks as if 70 euros is the discounted price. Gulp. I think I'll pass....

Members who have read this thread: 0