v4.5 and v.5 on the same PC

Thread: v4.5 and v.5 on the same PC

v4.5 and v.5 on the same PC

Did You install v5 on the same PC? No any problems with this?

I'm curious if there is an option to share the same files (for example ORBX regions, sceneries, airports) between simulators.

ORBX Central beta do this (Fastlane)? For the rest its easy way - show Addon scenry Folder and scenery addon .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have both on the same drive (not my C drive) with no issues whatsoever. The vanilla install looks pretty good, but there are some graphical issues that LM needs to work on. The electric blue aura surrounding some of the trees is pretty distracting. Still haven't run across any of the promised sloped runways. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

ORBX added manual how to install his addons for v5:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...omment-1646541

Unfortunately, in official way no shared option, just copy to new v5 folder:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...omment-1646541

and only addons from this list till now:

https://orbxdirect.com/prepar3d-v5

How to install: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...n-prepar3d-v5/ .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi,

You can instal the two versions but NVidia Control Penel see only ONE version! After that it is possible to rename ONE executable to use NCP ...

So, The name of exe file is the same?

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    I have both on the same drive (not my C drive) with no issues whatsoever. The vanilla install looks pretty good, but there are some graphical issues that LM needs to work on. The electric blue aura surrounding some of the trees is pretty distracting. Still haven't run across any of the promised sloped runways. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere.
    I think it is just the ability to have sloped runways via the P3DV5 SDK. I don't think they actually went through and sloped all the existing default runways. They may have done it to a few airports, I'm not sure. It's more about giving developers (professional or amateurs, ie users as well) the option to be able to add sloped runways.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    I think it is just the ability to have sloped runways via the P3DV5 SDK. I don't think they actually went through and sloped all the existing default runways. They may have done it to a few airports, I'm not sure. It's more about giving developers (professional or amateurs, ie users as well) the option to be able to add sloped runways.
    There are a lot but not all. They were adding a few with each build in the beginning of testing but it got less and less the past month.

Charter Member 2015

Active Sky in V4.5 AND V5 on same PC?

Hello,
    Is this possible? 2 products to buy?
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

I found something that could be of use. Not fully investigated but it is worth trying.

If you copy your add-ons.cfg from \Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 to \Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 then all you had listed in there is automatically active and working in v5. Tried it with JF, A2A, Flight Replicas and other planes and there was no problem at all so far. I still have not tried complex scenery addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Hello,
    Is this possible? 2 products to buy?
    If you mean can you still purchase v4.5? Then yes.
    Click the link at the bottom to expand the page.
    You can also still buy v3 if interested.

https://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I found something that could be of use. Not fully investigated but it is worth trying.

If you copy your add-ons.cfg from \Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 to \Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 then all you had listed in there is automatically active and working in v5. Tried it with JF, A2A, Flight Replicas and other planes and there was no problem at all so far. I still have not tried complex scenery addons.
    Right. Nothing changed there.

That sounds truly interesting. So let me please add another question:

How about then with all other files, most interesting to me inside:

c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4

Here are several cfg's:

- airlines
    - effects
    - gauges
    - sound
    - scenery
    - simobjects

To get all FSX stuff working also fine in my current P3Dv4, those days I added some path entries into most of these files and they work great.
    Now to my understanding, would it be also possible to do such additional entries into the appropriate v5 - cfg's as well? That would make my day and I would buy v5 asap....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post

Just remember that v5 doesnt support windshield rain effect from v4. Result = CTD.

Tried 29Palms Skiathos and FSDG Kastelorizo in this way and they work fine. I wish I could do the same with ORBX stuff, it would save so much space.

I also wish that the water was not that reflective. I have a feeling water is better in V4. I have the slider full right.

Members who have read this thread: 0