Freeware F-100 in P3DV4

Thread: Freeware F-100 in P3DV4

Freeware F-100 in P3DV4

I downloaded the freeware F-100 from Rikooo. Not a bad looking model, and flies ok too! Btw, whenever I download anything from Rikooo, I always install the files from their installer to a folder external from P3D.

Anyway, all seems to work ok, but should there be flap control? Also, none of the switches in the cockpit work, although speed brakes, brakes, tailhook work. Are there any repaints available anywhere?

As a side note, I was briefly assigned to the 181st TFG in Terre Haute, IN in the late 70s when they still had F-100s, just before transitioning to F-4s. Would love to have a repaint for it! NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-4-15_10-37-30-511 (2).jpg   181st.jpg   181stb.jpg  

LOL, the ****** at Rikoo "borrowed" this one from the SOH library without asking (as usual). About the flaps: The original SOH donationware model was an F-100C which by design only had gravity controlled slats. The trailing edge flaps were introduced with the F-100D. I understand the confusion - when Ed and me made the FSX portover version, we added F-100D paints which is historically incorrect on a C model.

Edit: If you want a proper F-100D, get the Milviz one (hands down the best model they ever produced for FSX/P3D)

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    LOL, the ****** at Rikoo "borrowed" this one from the SOH library without asking (as usual). About the flaps: The original SOH donationware model was an F-100C which by design only had gravity controlled slats. The trailing edge flaps were introduced with the F-100D. I understand the confusion - when Ed and me converted the package for FSX, we added F-100D paints which is historically incorrect on a C model.
    Oh my! I most likely have the one from SOH somewhere in my files, but was too lazy to even look. I apologize! When I had done a search, Rikooo popped up in the results, of course. I always have my malware preventer running if I download from them. Just don't trust. NC

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    LOL, the ****** at Rikoo "borrowed" this one from the SOH library without asking (as usual). About the flaps: The original SOH donationware model was an F-100C which by design only had gravity controlled slats. The trailing edge flaps were introduced with the F-100D. I understand the confusion - when Ed and me made the FSX portover version, we added F-100D paints which is historically incorrect on a C model.

Edit: If you want a proper F-100D, get the Milviz one (hands down the best model they ever produced for FSX/P3D)
    Thanks Henk!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Members who have read this thread: 0