P3D_V5 Screenshots P3D V 5 - Page 16
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots P3D V 5

Blog Entries
    Guys?? Would you please tell me::
    1: Who's Buck that is??
    and
    2: Whos Comet that is???

Those are two of my favorite aircraft and I must have them ..
    Pam

Hi Pam,

The Buccaneer is the Fly Stations payware model for FSX, whilst I can get in to V5 I cannot load the weapons / tanks to show.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Guys?? Would you please tell me::
    1: Who's Buck that is??
    and
    2: Whos Comet that is???
    That looks like the Just Flight Comet.
    The Buccaneers is from Flying Stations (as-was). I believe it may no longer be available for sale?

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Clearly someone after my own heart!

Andy

The Buccaneer is the Fly Stations payware model for FSX, whilst I can get in to V5 I cannot load the weapons / tanks to show.
    Me neither. It would be great if Phil could recompile the code, but I believe he lost the model (in which the code might have been embedded?) in a PC crash many years ago. If you're reading this Phil can you confirm?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Me neither. It would be great if Phil could recompile the code, but I believe he lost the model (in which the code might have been embedded?) in a PC crash many years ago. If you're reading this Phil can you confirm?

Andy

It would be nice to have a fully functioning Bucc, you never know AH may do one in the Ctrl-Ezy range?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Guys.. I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open for a Bucc I guess as I checked Flying Stations and its gone... Hopefully in time there'll be a new one.. Just bought the Comet too.. I've got Dave Maltby's Comets in FSX but nothing in P3D and well, without a batch conversion tool for the bmp files, Davids work simply isnt gonna fly in P3D..

It would be nice to have a fully functioning Bucc, you never know AH may do one in the Ctrl-Ezy range?
    I share the sentiment about a fully functioning Banana jet but (and this is absolutely not a criticism or any disrespect for AH) it strikes me that "fully-functioning" and Ctrl-Ezy are contradictory? My impression is that the Ctrl-Ezy range are designed for kick-the-tires-and-light-the-fires flying, rather than semi or full study level operations (please correct me if I've got that wrong). Besides the fact it is a Buccaneer I bought the Flying Stations product because I wanted to operate a classic jet as well as fly it, from both cockpits, with as many systems (inc. functioning weapons) included as possible. Right now I feel the only thing which could replace a Flying Stations Buccaneer is another Flying Stations Buccaneer! I hope you're reading this Phil...?!

Thanks Guys.. I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open for a Bucc I guess as I checked Flying Stations and its gone... Hopefully in time there'll be a new one.. Just bought the Comet too.. I've got Dave Maltby's Comets in FSX but nothing in P3D and well, without a batch conversion tool for the bmp files, Davids work simply isnt gonna fly in P3D..

Pam, here is a freely available batch converter. Been out for years, don't remember where I got it. May have been here. I updated the image converter to the latest in the P3Dv5 SDK and tried it on A.F. Scrubb's FS9 KC-97L, and it converted all but the 3 boom textures. (Got an unknown error on them.) Converted 28 textures in less than 45 secs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Pam, here is a freely available batch converter. Been out for years, don't remember where I got it. May have been here. I updated the image converter to the latest in the P3Dv5 SDK and tried it on A.F. Scrubb's FS9 KC-97L, and it converted all but the 3 boom textures. (Got an unknown error on them.) Converted 28 textures in less than 45 secs.
    That is awesome Modelr.. Thank you.. I'm still not able to get Dave Maltbys comet to show up, but it's also not the only plane I'm having that issue with so this will come in very handy..
    Thank you again.. Always..
    Pam..

Pam,

Mr. Maltby's Comet drops textures into the sim's main Texture folder. To get them to show up in P3D (I'm running 4.5) I copied those files into DMFS Shared Files\DH106 Comet 4 Panel VC after I converted them. The Comet looks fantastic in P3D... You'll probably want to switch to using JF's smoke effects for the engines too. Personally I'm using the smoke effects from JF's DC-8 instead of the JF Comet smoke - I liked the look better.

Mark

DMs Comet is a FS9 model, so will need converting to FSX or P3d native to work in P3d v4 and higher.

That is awesome Modelr.. Thank you.. I'm still not able to get Dave Maltbys comet to show up, but it's also not the only plane I'm having that issue with so this will come in very handy..
    Thank you again.. Always..
    Pam..
    like Dave said, native FS9 models will not show in P3Dv4 and definitely not in P3Dv5. They have to be converted to native (at least) FSX format, animations and all.

Priller

Blog Entries
    Welll, apparently, either I'm doing something wrong, or P3DV5 changes the game enough that the ds9 models are no longer viable.. Sadness, but at least i still have it in FSX..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    like Dave said, native FS9 models will not show in P3Dv4 and definitely not in P3Dv5. They have to be converted to native (at least) FSX format, animations and all.

Priller
    Ahhhh,,, So it IS the native model then.. Well, I dont have the knowledge or skills to update the models So, it appears this plane may have hit the end of the line.. More saddness.. It's a wonderful model and was beautifully finished holding its own quite well all the way through current day..

Pam,

Regarding the JF Comet, I had been reading about problems with it in P3DV4; specifically the smoke effect causing the sim to CTD. I renamed that effect, and haven't had a issue with it in V5. But wondering if you are flying it with the smoke effect working? Pete

On the way...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sws_Phantom_PBR_VC_B_03.jpg   sws_Phantom_PBR_VC_B_01.jpg  

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    On the way...

Amazing detail work! Have got a lot of memories, working on those ejection seats; and the back pain from lifting them, waaay back in 73! NC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Amazing detail work! Have got a lot of memories, working on those ejection seats; and the back pain from lifting them, waaay back in 73! NC
    And, I have memories sitting in those seat for hours at a time, until my butt was numb. Chief, you guys did a first class job on maintaining those jets. As for the seat, I am afraid I caused one of your fellow egress maintainers back pain. One night after a flight, we were hot refueling. During the previous flight my map light was flickering off and on. So, while sitting there refueling, I decided to see if I could fix the light.

I fiddled with it using a pen to remove the expanding ring that held the glass lens in place when off it flew down into the bowels of the cockpit. The result was a cancelled flight and the egress people having to remove the seat to find the spring.

As for me, it cost me a case of beer for the egress people and a lot of $hit eating.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    And, I have memories sitting in those seat for hours at a time, until my butt was numb. Chief, you guys did a first class job on maintaining those jets. As for the seat, I am afraid I caused one of your fellow egress maintainers back pain. One night after a flight, we were hot refueling. During the previous flight my map light was flickering off and on. So, while sitting there refueling, I decided to see if I could fix the light.

I fiddled with it using a pen to remove the expanding ring that held the glass lens in place when off it flew down into the bowels of the cockpit. The result was a cancelled flight and the egress people having to remove the seat to find the spring.

As for me, it cost me a case of beer for the egress people and a lot of $hit eating.
    Did you ever go inverted, and retrieve dropped things off of your canopy? NC

AH Hawker Hurricane/P3D v5

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

There's always an 'enthusiastic' parent with a kid and a camera when you're off on a sunny Saturday at whatever time or place.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 78