P3D_V5 Screenshots P3D V 5
Page 1 of 49 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots P3D V 5

is this without scenery enhancements like FTX Global?

Priller

Yes straight out of the pack, nothing added.

Thanks a lot.
    Your screenshots are good, but they are so dark ? Can you alter the HDR settings (luminosity, contrast and saturation) in P3Dv5 just like in v4 ?
    And these clouds are just terrible, to be honest... I hope LM can fix them in next SP(s)...

Yes the set up is pretty much the same as V4.

Just playing with the HDR settings to give the best look. Agree the clouds are not the best, compared with say REX. These are set to MAX.

It seems like the global illumination has change for the better the Truesky, can anybody confirm that is the case?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

DAMN!! Those textures are stock?? BRILLIANT!!

Priller

Testing out some of my Mustangs in P3D V5. I was surprised to see just how different the sim looks now in lighting/colors, especially with the new enhanced atmospherics at play.

I've installed ORBX's Global Base, Open LC and Trees (ORBX has said that it won't be supporting Vector for P3D V5 as the data that comes with P3D V5 is better and more up to date). I have noticed, flying around my local area, there are now way more towers and electrical line infrastructure than before. As is a normal prerequisite for me, I've also installed BananaBob's Alternate Global Environment reflective textures (alternate_globalenvtest.zip at Avsim).

All screenshots are completely unedited, other than being cropped or resized, and are all taken using the HDR lighting and Enhanced Atmospherics.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; April 15th, 2020 at 13:08.

I have to say that this is the first time I have really felt impressed with a version of P3D, as being something completely and uniquely different than FSX.

All of these shots are unedited from P3D V5, featuring the Alabeo Corvalis (my favorite modern GA) around the Minnesota Twin Cities.

The new vector data that P3D V5 uses for the lakes, rivers, streams, highways, residential roads, railways, electrical towers, cell towers, etc., is incredibly impressive in itself.

Wow, John.... nice shots. I havent yet v5 due VR issue. Waiting for patch but Id like to say that it looks fantastic!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you YoYo! I hope the VR issue gets resolved soon! I've been playing the sim all day and there's just two items that I hope get resolved or tweaked sometime in the future, both having to do with the "enhanced atmospherics" - which it even says in the menu is only a beta feature right now. I am completely blown away by the effect of the enhanced atmospherics on the look of the sky, clouds, fog/atmosphere around the horizon and the realistic coloring it all creates, and there is no way I'm going to fly the sim now without it, but in the enhanced atmospherics mode, the cloud shadows are very basic right now, unlike the previous/normal clouds. The other small item is that the window/canopy glass, on all aircraft, can become quite transparent when viewing the aircraft against the horizon with enhanced atmospherics on. Both small items, on a feature that is still being tested. Otherwise, I am very enthused by this new version of the sim.

One of the things that greatly impresses me too with this version is the look of the reflection of the sun off of the water, especially at dawn or dusk - I've never seen it so realistically bright, and it even glistens. Also, has anyone else reset the time while active in the sim? It surprised me that it now has a real-time preview as you change the time in the sim.

BTW, all of the shots I've posted are with HDR lighting set at: Brightness-1.10, Bloom-.50, Saturation:1.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    One of the things that greatly impresses me too with this version is the look of the reflection of the sun off of the water, especially at dawn or dusk - I've never seen it so realistically bright, and it even glistens. Also, has anyone else reset the time while active in the sim? It surprised me that it now has a real-time preview as you change the time in the sim.
    I was hoping for aircraft self-reflections... I'm spoiled by MSFS.

Nonetheless impressive!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Having too much fun, all unedited.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; April 15th, 2020 at 22:20.

Great shots guys! It appears that it has introduced the rayleigh effect? If so PTA may be obsolete.

Very nice shots, Noddy!

I love that the sky/scenery interplay is this realistic/natural looking with the weather setting at absolutely clear - no fog having to be added or anything. The way FSX and previous versions of P3D always should have been.

Many thanks John. The same for your shots.

Here are some more of the Flight Replicas Buchon in P3D V5. Everything is unedited, with default sky/clouds/taxiways/runways/etc., ORBX True Earth Great Britain and Trees, and the freeware ACG Duxford. First two shots were taken with the weather set at Clear (no restricted vis/fog), and all of these shots were taken with HDR lighting on and with the settings I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    Great shots guys! It appears that it has introduced the rayleigh effect? If so PTA may be obsolete.
    Yes, and it's such a fantastic improvement. Also, while I don't really notice it live, in the sim, when I look at the screenshots I've taken afterward, it appears that there is some more depth of focus effects taking place as well.

BTW, Snurdley, thank you so much for all of the repaints you've been releasing over the last few months! I've been getting so much enjoyment out of the restored Mosquito and Thunderbolt schemes especially.

Members who have read this thread: 78