P3D_V5 Screenshots P3D V 5 - Page 3
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots P3D V 5

Noddy, I see that you're using my old repaint/version of "Sierra Sue II". You may want to replace it with this completely different/new version that I released since then: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...0&linkid=23603

With regard to the blurred water when viewed at a distance, I can see that they did that on purpose so as to cause the terrain and cloud reflections to become disturbed/blurred the farther away you are from them (as they would be in reality). I love the effect when live/active in the sim, but not as much when focused in on in static screenshots. Without the blurring effect of the water at a distance, the reflections would remain constant/unchanged no matter how far away from them you'd travel.

Sneaking up on The Needles - I like the enhanced depth created with the water blurring as well.

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    No this is ORBX scenery Cairns and also Australia v2
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

With regard to the blurred water when viewed at a distance, I can see that they did that on purpose so as to cause the terrain and cloud reflections to become disturbed/blurred the farther away you are from them (as they would be in reality). I love the effect when live/active in the sim, but not as much when focused in on in static screenshots. Without the blurring effect of the water at a distance, the reflections would remain constant/unchanged no matter how far away from them you'd travel.
    Thanks a lot - that helps to understand!
    Best regards, Manfred.

John many thanks will get that installed 👍

"With regard to the blurred water when viewed at a distance, I can see that they did that on purpose so as to cause the terrain and cloud reflections to become disturbed/blurred the farther away you are from them (as they would be in reality). I love the effect when live/active in the sim, but not as much when focused in on in static screenshots. Without the blurring effect of the water at a distance, the reflections would remain constant/unchanged no matter how far away from them you'd travel."

Just like real life, for example:.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

JustFlight BOB Warbirds

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-4-19_12-50-59-101.jpg   2020-4-19_12-58-46-456.jpg   2020-4-19_13-4-58-225.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    "With regard to the blurred water when viewed at a distance, I can see that they did that on purpose so as to cause the terrain and cloud reflections to become disturbed/blurred the farther away you are from them (as they would be in reality). I love the effect when live/active in the sim, but not as much when focused in on in static screenshots. Without the blurring effect of the water at a distance, the reflections would remain constant/unchanged no matter how far away from them you'd travel."

Just like real life, for example:.

I think we should have a flight sim convention right there.

Salzburg, v5:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

P3Dv5

MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Very nice screenshots, gentlemen! I especially like that Australia-based Spitfire, TB863, MusterPilot and the Aermacchi looks spectacular in that lighting and angle, Noddy.

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post

This last one confirms my own observation. the ground is too shiny, like having a spec. Asphalt is OK to be shiny but not the ground. Also I can not see the sim using the detail1.bmp bitmap to make the ground grainy when close to it. I wonder if this is a bug, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

I noticed the same on ..... forest flat textures LOL - shiny also !
    It good idea to put in on P3D Forum as a bug.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I might do so. I tried also swapping the detail1.bmp with the REX one and it did not make any difference. The bitmap is there it just does not work.

I don't know. At least in the air, I find that it really enhances the realism at dawn and dusk, personally. I do wish the ground detail texture was working, as it would help break up the specular effect more naturally and there wouldn't be such a flat sheen. Still, I like the direction this is going. Everything should have a specular on some level.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; April 20th, 2020 at 17:41.

I don't disagree in principle, and it is not that pronounced with mixed and uneven terrain, but you get some very shiny fields when there is flat land:

They could consider spec maps like they use for the asphalt textures, to at least make them more grainy, and for sure to make the detail texture work.

It looks tragic and on this mirror trees looke too dark and too stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I don't disagree in principle, and it is not that pronounced with mixed and uneven terrain, but you get some very shiny fields when there is flat land:

They could consider spec maps like they use for the asphalt textures, to at least make them more grainy, and for sure to make the detail texture work.

It's because the fields are wet with morning dew!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Studies of a B-24 at dawn and dusk. No editing and no addons other than ORBX ground textures and trees, and Mike's Liberator.

"Sierra Sue II" over upstate New York, on a mid-morning June summer day. As always, there is no editing in any of these shots, just straight from the sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post

see this post, I think he is Drzewiecki Design: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...=6323&t=137112 , noticed the same. Its an beta!

Members who have read this thread: 78