Shadow of the DC-3 (by MJ)

Thread: Shadow of the DC-3 (by MJ)

Shadow of the DC-3 (by MJ)

The DC-3 in the shadow seems to be ”broken” or in other words the fuselage seems to be missing. What the problem might be? This is the Manfred Jahn’s DC with the RPB Wien Air livery.

Anyone able to help, please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B2A1173D-FA2B-4B6F-9C43-71B63874F118.jpg  
    kiki

its because the shadow being used is the one of VC model, to edit that you need something like mcx and select custom shadows and choose the exterior model for its shadow

its MJs bird so I dont want to start sharing modified files of his around

Jeansy is right. It only happens in P3D, not in FSX. Haven't tried the solution Jeansy suggests, but it's worth exploring. Possibly comes with a frame hit ...

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    its because the shadow being used is the one of VC model, to edit that you need something like mcx and select custom shadows and choose the exterior model for its shadow

its MJs bird so I dont want to start sharing modified files of his around
    Thank you for your answer! I fully understand you don’t want share thise modified files, that’s right attitude. Same time I am not the only one who feels that playing around with the files the way you mentioned with limited experience and knowledge is just too much... Pity.
    kiki

MJ might do a small patch as all he needs to upload is the revised vc mdl file

you might be able to convince him to due such or if you have mcx installed its as easy as

1. open mcx and then click on wizards and open the mdl tweaker option

2. open the mdl file and select the c47 interior file

3 tick the custom shadows and click the insert shadow model

4. then select the c47 ext file

5 save mdl

or if you have opened the file in mcx as seen in my image do steps 1 to 5 and then

6 export object as p3d v(your version) as a mdl and over write the pre existing file

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    MJ might do a small patch as all he needs to upload is the revised vc mdl file

you might be able to convince him to due such or if you have mcx installed its as easy as

1. open mcx and then click on wizards and open the mdl tweaker option

2. open the mdl file and select the c47 interior file

3 tick the custom shadows and click the insert shadow model

4. then select the c47 ext file

5 save mdl

or if you have opened the file in mcx as seen in my image do steps 1 to 5 and then

6 export object as p3d v(your version) as a mdl and over write the pre existing file
    Thank you, Matt!

Your instructions are seems to be very easy to follow. For sure I will give them a try and let you know how it worked.
    kiki

This doesn't appear to work in P3Dv5 (haven't tried it in v4.5).

Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0