Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5 - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

DHC-4 Caribou in P3dv5.2

Hi BendyFlyer and Aguilar

Just a few days ago I bought the T-34C FSX and installed it in P3D5.2. I works without any problem. I use most of my FSX Virtavia planes in P3D5.2. The only one I know that needed an upgrade was the Seaking helicopter.

BendyFlyer, can't you try it for us in P3D5.2? If I remember correctly, you can specify any path during installation and then copy the files into P3D. I'm pretty sure it will run but it doesn't look contemporary I fear.

Regards

Dan

P.S. Best price for these older products you get a PCAviator. Check October sales Virtavia.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    aguiar - not that I am aware of. Had it in FSX but it would not install into P3DV5.
    Thanks, I was afraid of that.

CT-4

This rework of a Frat Bros CT4 turned up at SimAviation recently. Not strictly a CT4B but the 300 HP NZ version. Credible effort, a little rough here and there but a bit of fun! This is the old Victa Airtourer aka CT4 used by the RAAF for basic pilot training for nearly 50 years. Where else but Tamworth!

ORBX YSTW with AU2

Virtavia F-111 Aardvark

Did someone try the Virtavia F-111 Aardvark for FSX in P3D5?

Seems to be working fine, at least for me. Now if I could just figure out how to Tac-Pack it.....

Bill

Orbx Victa

I have the Orbx Victa working in P3Dv5.3 the only problem the gauges don't work throttle csu and mixture and controls work

MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Muster Pilot - I was thinking about that one - I wonder what the issue with the guages is - I guess we can not expect them to do an update either. That's the problem, CSU etc you see the early Victas had a fixed pitch prop (LOL) the top of spade for a control column in the middle between the fixed seats over the tank, the height ratchet of the Victa lawn mowers for the trim control and they borrowed a couple of number 8 balls from the billiard table for the throttle grips (one on each side) and of course only VFR instruments, a radio was extra I think!. Ah well.

Muster Pilot - I was thinking about that one - I wonder what the issue with the guages is - I guess we can not expect them to do an update either. That's the problem, CSU etc you see the early Victas had a fixed pitch prop (LOL) the top of spade for a control column in the middle between the fixed seats over the tank, the height ratchet of the Victa lawn mowers for the trim control and they borrowed a couple of number 8 balls from the billiard table for the throttle grips (one on each side) and of course only VFR instruments, a radio was extra I think!. Ah well.
    Great old a/c I flew the 100 in RL no guts but fun to fly even got to meet the guy who designed the seats for it a great story I was telling him how comfortable they were and he told me that he sat his mother inlaw on a bag of wheat she sat there nearly all day knitting
    when she got up they took a mould of the impression and that is how the seats were made I flew VH-MUY she is still around today the hand brake handle was Holden and some of the knobs were also I think
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Focke Wulf Condor 200A

A P3DV5 compatible Focke Wulf Condor 200A has been uploaded to FlightSim.com. Sparked my curiosity because always found it to be a fascinating aeroplane but previous sim versions were a bit limited. Hauke Kietel has done this one and it is very well done indeed. Comprehensive animations, controls and instrumentation, good sound package and it even includes a complete copy of the original German FW200 pilots manual (dated 1940). Any issues well apart from the fact all the documentation, notes and installation instructions, VC labelling and instrumentation is in German and follows authentically the German instrumentation and standards of the day, that is all. This is a very nicely done simulation model indeed. The attention to detail is exceptional.

And the VC

Some very nice and surprising modelling touches for one to find as you explore this one!

Just as impressive is the fact the Germans are restoring a Condor they retrieved out of a Fjorde in Norway in 1988. Including re-milling and remanufacturing all the parts they needed to get it to work.

Here is the website for the restoration project for those interested: https://fw200-restaurierung-bremen.de/

the documentation, notes and installation instructions, VC labelling and instrumentation is in German
    Even tooltips

As I don't understand anything in german, I fill frustated.
    I always been impressed by this advanced aircraft - I remember the FSX version by the same developper.

Gérard

Nor do I understand German - but I am slowly working my around this one. The manual for it does have good cockpit diagrams which appear to use a bit of english so working out some stuff is not that bad - so far. Thinking and flying in metric is the challenge for me too. Looking at old photographs of the original Condor it is a very faithful and correct rendition. I have to give it 10 out of 10 despite the lack of accessible material. I think Google translate will be working overtime for me for a bit on this one!

Trial and error flight or two in it so far - behaves very nicely and is a pleasure to fly in the sim as well. A little rolly polly on the ground but the real one might have been like that too! Two complete circuits in it and did not bust it but still trying to work out some speeds for it.

The quality and depth of this model is stunning once you start to explore it. There is hardly a piece of equipment or part of the cockpit that does not work or can not be operated. Windows slide, sunblinds for all windows function, the overhead emergency exits open and shut, armrests stow, doors open all the instrumentation and switches and levers or controls function and work. Navigator and radio operator station are complete and functional (there is even a manual on the ER6B hand flight computer) The radios are rudimentary two coms a VHF NAV and NDB all controllable voltmeters amp meters generator switches etc etc. Even the cockpit lighting comes on and off correctly with a proper switch. The texturing and paintwork is first class may not be scruffy but it is properly coloured and nicely done with touches like rivets bolts etc.

I can see why this has taken nearly two years to do - a first class effort and for a freeware offerring unbelievable really. Who said P3D was dead, the Germans are also doing some pretty impressive freeware scenery as well.

This is an example of the attention to detail very 1930's but hey that's when it started flying:

Well there is a reason for the ER6B manual because the navigators station has complete working ER6B flight computer sitting in a pocket on the desk. Amongst all the other instruments like the compass etc which all work and give you real time data (speed, time, altitude etc) You click a button on the pocket and it comes up and you can use your mouse to rotate the face as per a real physical one. A few other buttons change the face from wind to fuel to speed calculating etc, Avionics and radio frequencies can be swapped about and turned on and off at this station and if you click a map holder it brings up the P3D map page for you other button clicks bring up other sub menus like Mission briefing etc. I would give Hauke Kietel a prize just for doing that let alone the rest of it! Never seen a model done like this and it all works smoothly without any glitches for me at all.

Oh you have to work and find this stuff because there are no 2D popups at all you drive it all like the real thing with the relevant controls and switches!

Saw this plane last week and did the download. What a wonderful freeware. But just one thing for me... it is just the civil version. So i had to do something for my own use (till now. must ask for permission to give it away to all). Did a "quick and dirty" update to a FW-200 C5 of "KG 40" in three versions. (one is the FW-200 with HS-293).
    Also i start to make the "Fliegerhorst Bordeaux" where this plane find his base in 1940 to do flights over the atlantic to find allied convoys. (Planes you see on picture in the back are AI traffic made from this model)

an the one with HS-293

so... there are some things to do. The props on this model only have 2 blades... the FW-200 has 3 blades. And the gear has 2 weels each. Not one as this model (it`s a FW200 A1. the first civil version).

But still.... a wonderful plane to fly

greetings
    Klaus

Klaus - the military version and scenery your doing looks very good. Hope Hauke agrees to its release or includes it. I did find some old and I believe they are the correct engine sounds for the Daimler engine here in the SOH library they need a bit or work to be useable in P3D and this model due to some phasing issues (and 2 v 4 engines setup) but they do give it a different immersion factor as well!

I concur that this is a very good model it has been a long time since I have seen or had the pleasure of such in the sim. It is a great aeroplane to fly. The original package release was P3DV4 but it works perfectly in V5.3 with HF2.

Outstanding. Herr Keitel's old Condor was one of my favourite planes until I couldn't use it anymore. I had been considering doing a fast and loose conversion myself but this takes care of that problem! It'd be wonderful if he got around to some of his other creations as well (like his Ju-90...)

Nemeth designs - bo-105 fsx

Hi everone

would like to buy this bird (Bo-105) but it's rather old design from 2008 and only specified for FSX. Before I waste my money,

has it someone successfully running in P3D5?

Is it native FSX or maybe FS9? (If someone could open the mdl in text editor checking the first line)

Thanks and regards

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by blaunarwal View Post
    Hi everone

would like to buy this bird (Bo-105) but it's rather old design from 2008 and only specified for FSX. Before I waste my money,

has it someone successfully running in P3D5?

Is it native FSX or maybe FS9? (If someone could open the mdl in text editor checking the first line)

Thanks and regards

Dan
    Yes it is native FSX and the gauges are all xml so they work if both 32bit and 64bit P3D's.
    I have it in my v5 hanger but I haven't flown it in a long time.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Yes it is native FSX and the gauges are all xml so they work if both 32bit and 64bit P3D's.
    I have it in my v5 hanger but I haven't flown it in a long time.
    That was a fast answer. I really love that forum. Thanks a lot!

I just recently started to use my helicopters, also default aircraft and bought some new ones. With the fluent sim we got with v5.3 HF2, it seems to be better to fly helicopters, than ever before. It is still difficult but I get used to it and handle the stick with care.

Looking forward flying the BO-105.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by blaunarwal View Post
    That was a fast answer. I really love that forum. Thanks a lot!

I just recently started to use my helicopters, also default aircraft and bought some new ones. With the fluent sim we got with v5.3 HF2, it seems to be better to fly helicopters, than ever before. It is still difficult but I get used to it and handle the stick with care.

Looking forward flying the BO-105.

Dan
    Flies quite nice in P3Dv5.3. There's also a good adjunct available here that adds the PAH-1 and 1A antitank models and a KWK version with abseilers seated on outside platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    Flies quite nice in P3Dv5.3. There's also a good adjunct available here that adds the PAH-1 and 1A antitank models and a KWK version with abseilers seated on outside platforms.
    I got it meanwhile and it works perfectly in P3Dv5.3. Thanks for the hint about the antitank models and KWK version. I will look for it.

A little bit more of work. Now blades are right (3-blades each) and also the gear has twin-wheels.
    Also different models of the FW-200 C-Series (model that was used by the "Luftwaffe").

FW-200 C-0 (transport plane)

FW-200 C-3

FW-200 C-8 with HS-293

FW-200 C-3 flying around in Norway (Throndheim-Fjord) .... Tirpitz on her way entering the fjord.

Later on this evening i will write an email to Mr. Hauke Keitel to ask for his permission to give this models to the comunity. Hope he will agree.

greetings
    Klaus

Klaus well done - here's hoping!

I would like to buy the Milwiz Twin Comanche.

Does anybody knows if she works nicely in P3D V5.3 with a trick to get installed ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Later on this evening i will write an email to Mr. Hauke Keitel to ask for his permission to give this models to the comunity. Hope he will agree.
    Hello Kalus, do You have his permission for this upload?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 29