Hotfix 3 for P3Dv4.5 out

Thread: Hotfix 3 for P3Dv4.5 out

Hotfix 3 for P3Dv4.5 out

Its out too:

Changelog for Hotfix 3:

Client Fixes and Improvements

• Added support for the Varjo XR-1 Mixed Reality (MR) headset.
    • Fixed bug preventing gaze select cursor from appearing in some cases.
    • Ownship can now follow waypoints when using the ActivateWaypointsAction.
    • The ActivateWaypointsAction now correctly sets waypoint requested distance values.
    • Fixed bug preventing waypoint list data from being queried by the PDK when running SimDirector.
    • Fixed bug preventing Camera System PDK calls from accessing the latest interface version.
    • Improved DIS wildcard handling and fixed issue preventing entity types from corresponding correctly in some cases.
    • Fixed bug preventing preview windows from rendering in SimDirector in some cases.
    • Fixed issue where shared cockpit would lag with more than four players in a vehicle.
    • Fixed QueryService call for the IDISManagerv450 interface.
    • Fixed issue causing irregular movements on nested attached objects.
    • Fixed multichannel startup crash seen in some cases.
    • Fixed issue where sound would still be muted in some cases when leaving multiplayer UI screens.
    • Fixed wave animation issues when changing wind directions over the 0/360 degree boundary.
    • Slew is now enabled by default in multichannel.
    • Added a command line argument to launch Prepar3D directly into playing back a flight recording.
    • Fixed cases where certain objects would have irregular movements in recording playbacks.
    • Fixed issue preventing metallic occlusion properties from loading correctly.
    • Fixed crash seen when loading airports with no taxiway paths.
    • Fixed issue where scenario actions would not fire when starting directly into multiplayer.
    • Improved handling of near clip in VR.
    • Fixed issue where autopilot state would not load correctly in some cases.
    • Fixed issue causing incorrect pitch to be set when loading an uncompressed 32 bit DDS texture.
    • Added controls to emulate the mouse scroll wheel when using Gaze Selection in VR.
    • Added support for the Varjo XR-1 Mixed Reality (MR) headset.
    • Multichannel clients can now use direct IP autostart.
    • Fixed issue where scenario objects would not handle events correctly in multichannel.
    • Fixed crash when resetting structured scenarios in multichannel.

Content Fixes and Improvements

• Updated several DISEntityTypes.xml entries to ensure each default object is unique.
    • Removed invalid FuelTruck object from DISEntityTypes.xml.
    • Fixed flap configuration for the F-35A.
    • Fixed issue with F-16 effects being added twice by removing effect file extensions in F-16 config entries.
    • Fixed minor issues in the Basics of Flight scenario.

SDK Fixes and Improvements

• Added functionality to the PDK for Structured Scenario support for Mission Objectives, Goals and Flight Segments.
    • Added additional multiplayer PDK service functions.
    • Fixed TrafficToolbox dump airport list to correctly parse airspace types.
    • Fixed issue preventing ImageTool from loading certain DDS textures.
    • Fixed event ID filter for mouse inputs to allow custom ISimObject instance-based properties.
    • Added [ClampingOnGround] variables to SimObjects to prevent stationary vehicles from sliding in some cases.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I did the Client and Content updates, picked up a good bit of FPS with the model that hits heavy, my PMDG 737NGXu. I was averaging in the 30 FPS region with it but now closer to 40 to 50 FPS. It was pretty seamless except I had to reset my REX textures which were already backed up and a single click to re-install.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I did the Client and Content updates, picked up a good bit of FPS with the model that hits heavy, my PMDG 737NGXu. I was averaging in the 30 FPS region with it but now closer to 40 to 50 FPS. It was pretty seamless except I had to reset my REX textures which were already backed up and a single click to re-install.
    Ohh, good to know.
    Perhaps I'll stay with 4.5 a little longer due VR problem in v5.

Btw.
    This HT3 has number: 4.5.14.34698.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'll stay with v4 until I'm convinced that v5 is a significant improvement. As it is, I'm still running v3 as well as v4 so that I can fly certain aircraft. Not to mention FSX SE and X-Plane!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Thanks for the feedback Storm. I have ignored the previous hot fixe(s) (not sure if more than one) but wonder if I can add this one - client and content - to my 4.5 without any previous updates? Sounds worth it for the fps pickup.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Does anyone know if it'll break tacpack?

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    More than likely.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    I think every hotfix to P3d breaks Tacpack, so I assume this one is the same

TacPack, Active Sky (now its beta already), PTA ... ect.So Im waiting with this HT3.

All the assorted Hot Fixes are combined into the current package, no need to down load anything else.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I also did the Client and Content updates and i also received a big FPS jump. When flying the FPS heavy Just flight Tornado GR1 in an area with a big AI population and lots of add-on scenery previously gave me about 20 FPS, that is now up to 30, sometimes mid 30's!

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post

Nice to hear it, looks like HT3 „must be” simply.

Moved to the appropriate V4 sub forum
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I did update to HT3 - Client and Content only.
    Works ok for me as before, Im not sure about this plus FPS impact (placebo maybe?) but in P3D I have 80-144 FPS so hard to tell it for me.
    All addons work for me without problem (including Chaseplane, PTA, A2A, ORBX, new beta of Active Sky for P3Dv4 ect), just TacPack needs to have SP for this version P3D.

Members who have read this thread: 1