How to properly uninstall FSX? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to properly uninstall FSX?

Well I have just been running a few tests.

My sim stutters (i.e FPS) or seizes when I ram up the throttles.I link the increased sound volume of the engines to the degradation in frame rates.

Ever heard of a sound card rubbing up fsx the wrong way before if that what it is ?

Best

nio

harleyman
    Yes I have had Creative drivers do that...When running up throttles I used to get massive shimmering on objects like I had no AF on at all.....

You have a sound blaster Card by chance?

X fi extreme

Now we are getting somewhere lol

best

nio

:woot:

harleyman
    If you feel capibable , you may want to venture into a system test ...

I had Ceative Sound cards for years and swore by them, till i discovered that the drivers do not always play nice with nvidia drivers sometimes...I had issues like you describe too,slightly different, but still directly related to Creative drivers

The Test....

Open your side case and remove the sound card from the system....Boot it back up and delets all Creative sound drivers....

Now then , that motherboard has excellent onboard sound (Integrated 8-Channel High Definition audio )...We can eneble that in the bios and you can go fly and have fun for a few days..

If your problems cease...Sell that card..Or keep it for future use..

But I have seen on many ocassions where Creative and Nvidia drivers conflict...

Worth a try?

If so I can help you enable onboard sound easily...

Good morning, Harleyman.

Well, that sounds like a plan.

Before I embark upon it,however, may I ask you if I cannot just disable my Creative sound card rather than remove it entirely and then switch sound and audio devices to whatever is "onboard"?

I am at work at present and cannot access my rig but I have it in mind that the default sound device device reached through Control Panel /Sounds and Audio devices/Audio would be Realtek or some such .I will check at home later.

BTW I was reading another thread re "overclocking" over on the main FSX forum ( to which you have responded ) and see that FSX might benefit from a slight increase on my stock 3.0Ghz. I know what you are thinking-one step at a time, right? lol.Quite right too!Another time on that one !

I look forward to your reply and thank you again for your help so far.

Best

nio

harleyman
    Hi... Yea I assume that just an uninstall of Creative drivers shoud be fine....

Do you have a program to totally remove drivers? I forget? Like Driver Sweeper from Guru3D ?

If so uninstall Creative Sound Drivers from Add/Remove programs....

Then run the sweeper and have it remove all Creative sound related stuff...

If you built your computer, or have the mobo disk that will have your Realtec drivers there ..They may be installed already...Look in Device Manager for them....

If they are there its simple enough to go into the bios and turn on onboard sound..That may cause a conflict too if they are still enabled in the bios come to think of it..

I would check that out first before removing any drivers....

So..

1) Check Device Manager for Install of realtec Sound Drivers
    2) Check bios for onboard sound enebled( if so, disable and test)
    3) If it is NOT enabled then continue on with Creative Driver uninstall and enable onboard sound before leaving bios

4) Test ....LOL

harleyman
    Thats hard to see... The dropdown tree with the 7 items are all sound drivers from realtec audio...

Thanks

I will try that and let you know.

Best

nio

harleyman
    Great..

I forgot to add earlier in my haste that Heck yes..

FSX wants / needs 3.2 -3.6 to be real happy... 3.2 is on the low side...I'm at stock 3.33 (E8600) and could use a tad more..but I have not OCed it as its good to better for me now....But I might..Already got the cooler..

Truth is I am not an OCer myself.....I need lessons..The more I read the more confused I get....LOL

Well Mason its a funny old world.

A week or two back I installed UTX Europe. I already had Just Flight VFR UK Scenery installed.

Tonight I decided to uninstall the VFR scenery and then reinstall it.I have no idea what made me do this.

The result is that FSX is now running along at mid 20s and banging up against 30fps (to which I limited it) with no hint of the dreaded pauses lock ups or CTDs.

I am as pleased as punch but I have no idea whether this was the cure or I just got lucky.I am not complaining of course.

Thank you for bearing with me and all your suggestions.Maybe anyone who has followed this one through will benefit from this thread .I hope so.

Here is me saying a nice hello to the Air Traffic Control in Biggin Tower :woot:

best

nio

Thanks again

harleyman
    Hmmm You must have been getting the lock ups in the same area then...A scenery conflict (textures probably).....

Great to know that its well again...

FSX can do some strange things at times......:faint: