FSX Accel-ST Fa 18 Converted to P3D

Thread: FSX Accel-ST Fa 18 Converted to P3D

FSX Accel-ST Fa 18 Converted to P3D

Been fartin around with this for my self. I have it all working now in p3d and am in the process of new skins and air file. I made up a whole new set of avionics and gauges for it as well.

I dont know if im allowed to upload this for freeware????

When I'm done I could ask?

I know the stock F18 from FSX had things in it that are not in psd so it didn't work well, but mine is rebuild from the model out all cr1.
    I rebuilt the FSX P51 as well. It was a lot of work.

Both took me months as I was so busy on the Aeronca and Ford project.

The new vc and paints will be mega High def. Here is just finished the air file and stock textures. I am looking into writing a dll that will allow a payload as well and then I can model on new cruisers and tanks.

Thanks in advance for your reply
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F18 2.jpg   F18 1.jpg  
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Doubt you can do that Tom, as it is part of the FSX 'Commercial' package and subject to the MS-Dovetail EULA, so even as freeware it remains covered by the legal aspect.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Doubt you can do that Tom, as it is part of the FSX 'Commercial' package and subject to the MS-Dovetail EULA, so even as freeware it remains covered by the legal aspect.

darn..your right of course I just looked over the ula. Well I am going to finish it, it will make for some nice videos some day...lol I probably can distribute my stuff if I wanted though, but it would not be a whole add on though, People would have to have the F18 to use my stuff. But maybe some would want it. I will push it to extreme detail then.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

I could be wrong, but the old "Sludge" Hornet was a derivative of this Hornet that they got permission to modify it. And is also, to my understanding what the FSXBA F/A-18A-Cs are based on (or maybe it was the earlier versions?). But they are HEAVILY modified obviously. I'm not sure if FSXBA's version is entirely a different model now or not.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Might be so, but permission would need to be sought if there was to be any chance for a modified MS/FSX F18 to be hosted here.
    IIRC the 'Sludge' Hornet is linked to the Groom Lake lot and that would reason enough to avoid it.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The FSX Dream Team, of whom the FSX Blue Angels are a part, were in fact, the original developers of the FSX Accel F18. Their new Hornets, in all their different variations over the years, are updates/improvements to it. The original model developer absented himself quite some time ago, so they can't change the model it's self. They can't even ask him. All they can do is change the .dll, gauges, flight characteristics, and so on. That they have been doing.

The only changes to the model is the VRS TacPack weapons additions, which are pretty much additions to the visuals, with everything else done with the VRS gauges. Apparently legal to do.
    I trust Jimi to know what's legal, and what's not, as he and Orion were friends of the original model developer.

Anywho, they're still working on it, although thing slow down a LOT during the sumers, as Jimi is active duty, and has a wonderful family to care for, and Orion has a job with the military, working on the Navy's simulator software. I would expect that as Christmas approaches, some more changes will be forthcoming. I am slowly working on a small addition to the TacPack portion, trying to get the AGM-88's added and fully functional. I am far from an XML pro, so progress is very slow. Not to mention that during summer, I also have much more to do outside, or at least away from the computer.

Good luck, all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    The FSX Dream Team, of whom the FSX Blue Angels are a part, were in fact, the original developers of the FSX Accel F18. Their new Hornets, in all their different variations over the years, are updates/improvements to it. The original model developer absented himself quite some time ago, so they can't change the model it's self. They can't even ask him. All they can do is change the .dll, gauges, flight characteristics, and so on. That they have been doing.

The only changes to the model is the VRS TacPack weapons additions, which are pretty much additions to the visuals, with everything else done with the VRS gauges. Apparently legal to do.
    I trust Jimi to know what's legal, and what's not, as he and Orion were friends of the original model developer.

Anywho, they're still working on it, although thing slow down a LOT during the sumers, as Jimi is active duty, and has a wonderful family to care for, and Orion has a job with the military, working on the Navy's simulator software. I would expect that as Christmas approaches, some more changes will be forthcoming. I am slowly working on a small addition to the TacPack portion, trying to get the AGM-88's added and fully functional. I am far from an XML pro, so progress is very slow. Not to mention that during summer, I also have much more to do outside, or at least away from the computer.

Good luck, all!
    Pat☺
    Ah, that cleared up some holes in my memory. I've talked with Jimi a bit in the past (long time ago now). In the early days of FSXBA, I provided some training material to him to aid in completing their maneuvers for the demo. I had a ton of Blue Angel Winter Training footage from NAF El Centro at that time. He's done great work. I understand he's also working with/for VRS on the Super Hornet projects. I'm a Hornet nut myself, so updates to the Bug are always appreciated.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

I understand he's also working with/for VRS on the Super Hornet projects.
    Yes and no. I know they are helping HIM on integrating the TacPack stuff into HIS Hornet, but I don't know if/what he's doing to help them. We never really talked about that
    Other than that, I'd wager he is. He seems to know an awful lot about the FCS of the Hornets, so I wouldn't be surprized to find out he was. Because I am so focused on the FSXBA Hornet, I honestly never thought to ask.

Anywho, that's all I know at the moment. I was layed up for a while, so I really just now getting back into it full bore. Of course, now it's spring again, so now I have a lot of stuff to do away from the computer. I am sure this upcoming winter I will really knuckle down on it again.

I had a ton of Blue Angel Winter Training footage from NAF El Centro at that time.
    I was station at MCAS Yuma, and then had a real good job there, so I was in Yuma for nearly 30 years. I used to ride my motorcycle over to NAF El Centro on weekends, and watch them practice. Of course, this was when they were in Phantoms, which I loved. Then they transitioned to A-4's which I loved a lot less. It's just not as much as an impressive plane. Of course, the first time I saw the Angels they flew 4 Phantoms through The Hangar...you know, THE Hangar... at Moffet Field, where I grew up. I was about 8 at the time. It worked out I was working on Phantoms, and A-4's at MCAS when I got in the Corps, so I had a bit of an "in" to be able to go watch at NAF.
    I even saw when they were transitioning to Hornets. They came to MCAS in one to see if a certain maneuver was feasible. I was working for VMFAT-401 at the time. Saw a Hornet come in over the runway, and get slower, and slower, and slower, until it was straight nose up, balanced on the engine thrust, just hovering there. It "danced" around like that for a few seconds, then just went straight up and out of sight. Niftiest thing I ever saw, but they decided it was too dangerous for a crowd. Pity...

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I have zero clue on that EULA stuff, but as an owner of the FSX original models (Including the Capt Sim F-18B), I would be interested if it turns out to be a legal transfer. I know there are some great mods to the stock aircraft, but those 3rd party guys can't distribute their work. Looking forward to the screen shots/vids of the legacy Hornet.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0