Can this be converted to FS9?

Thread: Can this be converted to FS9?

Can this be converted to FS9?

Found this beautiful A60 Blimp at the bottom of this page http://ys-15.game.coocan.jp/download.html so I downloaded it and I was wondering if someone could edit it for FS9 use? If so, I'd really be thankful since we don't have a very large airship library in FS. Kind regards, Jeremy

Jeremy,

I'll have a look in my "dungeons", must have a blimp somewhere. If so, I'll let you know.

Take care of yourself,

Erik (hertzie).

I just looked through my LTA hangar and this is what I found there. Most are FS9 models; a couple are FS2002 models that keep their props in FS9. Quality ranges from very basic to astounding. A couple are AI types from Bill Lyons' Graf, made flyable with panels and sounds. The Graf package is amazing, with scenery as well as the aircraft models, but my favorite to fly is George Diemer's Goodyear K-ship. They all came from either FlightSim, AvSim or here.

Zeppelin Schwaben
    SS Type Airship
    Zeppelin LZ-63
    Zeppelin LZ-114
    Goodyear Defender
    Goodyear GZ-20A
    Goodyear ZNP-K
    Goodyear ZRS Akron
    HMS R-23
    HMS R-34
    Metalclad ZMC-2
    Norge
    USS Shenandoah
    Zeppelin Dixmunde
    Zeppelin LZ-127 Graf Zeppelin
    Zeppelin LZ-129 Hindenburg
    Global Skyship 600
    Zeppelin NT
    Hot Air Balloon (2 different models)

Members +
    Hi Mick, Any idea where I can find the Metalclad ZMC-2?
    I've looked at the usual places.

Thanks,
    Robin
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

The ZMC-2 Metal-clad is found imbedded as an ai airship in Bill Lyons' fabulous Graf Zeppelin package. It was designed for Fs9 but has been ported over to FSX. Find the Graf Zeppelin for Fs9 in the Flightsim library and the fsx native conversion here in the SOH Library.

A very nice historic effort by Bill Lyons which is a very enjoyable flight experience. The ZMC-2 Meltal-clad is also very nice.

Yep, it's an AI aircraft but you can edit the AIR file, add a panel and sounds, and fly it.

USS Shenandoah is also an AI aircraft in the same package and can be made flyable the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post

Hot Air Balloon (2 different models)
    I "backdated" one and let it flying as AI. Looks like a ballon in the Sixties:

Bernard

Icon5 Zeppelin Schwaben LZ-10

They all came from either FlightSim, AvSim or here.

Zeppelin Schwaben
    Hi Mick,
    I cannot find the Zeppelin Schwaben LZ-10 on any site whatsoever. I came across a reference that it was probably a Bill Lyons model, possibly FS98. Could you please make this available? Either upload here, or PM please?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by lastivka View Post
    Hi Mick,
    I cannot find the Zeppelin Schwaben LZ-10 on any site whatsoever. I came across a reference that it was probably a Bill Lyons model, possibly FS98. Could you please make this available? Either upload here, or PM please?
    Thanks in advance.
    Well, it was a Bill Lyons release and it must have been for FS98, or possibly FS2000, since my notes tell me that I had to make a new panel for it because the one that came with it didn't work in FS2002.

Anyway, I had a copy in my hangar but I couldn't find the original zip file in my backup storage. It may have been lost in a crash of a previous confutor some years ago.

Looking and not finding it stimulated me to make a backup copy of the LZ-10 in my hangar, with the new panel. There are some features that were worked by the old panel and I suppose those are lost to us.

Since I added the aircraft to my FS9 hangar, I suppose I must have tried to to see if it lost its props in FS9. It seems that it must lose them, being made so long ago with such old software for such an early sim, but I just took a peek and was surprised to see props.

The worst thing about it is the skin. The textures are very primitive and crude. Still, I suppose it's the only LZ-10 we'll ever have.

Since it doesn't seem to be available elsewhere, you're welcome to grab a copy from my A-Drive storage site:

https://www.adrive.com/public/87UVsE/Zeppelin%20LZ-10%20Schwaben%20FS02.zip

Still, I suppose it's the only LZ-10 we'll ever have.
    Mick - many thanks! Although it is a FS98 model, it still remains a tribute to Bill Lyons and his pioneering work so early in the FS scene! Bill's legacy lives on not only in his models still used today, but in the hundreds of instances of his .AIR and sound files borrowed by others to populate other aircraft, blimps, cars, etc.

Members who have read this thread: 1