ONLY TODAY 11 th April 2020 - SSW F-104 G for free
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ONLY TODAY 11 th April 2020 - SSW F-104 G for free

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

ONLY TODAY 11 th April 2020 - SSW F-104 G for free

Take a look on Simmarket....

This bird seems to be free of charge - only today - ...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SSWF-104G.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

for FSX and for P3D

free of charge for FSX and P3D....

I downloaded and installed it but only have a black aircraft, I can't see how to activate textures.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    I downloaded and installed it but only have a black aircraft, I can't see how to activate textures.
    Please read your Simmarket order confirmation email:

Recall that most of our products are split in 2 installers, one containing core files and other containing textures and liveries.The installer containing textures for FRF-104G can be freely downloaded from here: ....

(links depend on FSX or P3D version - they are in the email)

Nice gesture.
    To be honest its definitely not the first aircraft I would purchase (no propeller and too modern ), but now I have seen it, it is definitely a nice addition and I immediately consider to purchase the Thunderstreak.......

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Please read your Simmarket order confirmation email:

Recall that most of our products are split in 2 installers, one containing core files and other containing textures and liveries.The installer containing textures for FRF-104G can be freely downloaded from here: ....

(links depend on FSX or P3D version - they are in the email)
    Got it now, thank you for the advice.

Not to hijack but the SWS F-4B/N is also free today at SimMarket:

https://secure.simmarket.com/simwork...-fsx-p3d.phtml

I already had it and would definitely recommend.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

how can it prevented to be shot down by SAMS near LIPS ISTRANA?

I have just installed both these free aircraft (SSW F-4BN and SSW F-104G)in FSX with acceleration and have a problem. When I run fsx I get a popup saying "system error MSVCP 100 dll is missing". I have removed both aircraft and reinstalled them with the same result. I checked the registery and I have a MSVCP 120 dll but no MSVCP 100 dll. I really don't want to do a re-install so any guidance would be rally appreciated.

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Nice gesture.
    To be honest its definitely not the first aircraft I would purchase (no propeller and too modern ), but now I have seen it, it is definitely a nice addition and I immediately consider to purchase the Thunderstreak.......

Cheers,
    Huub
    The Thunderstreak is really nice. It was my first SSW purchase. I really wish they'd follow up with a Thunderflash and Thunderjet though.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    I have just installed both these free aircraft (SSW F-4BN and SSW F-104G)in FSX with acceleration and have a problem. When I run fsx I get a popup saying "system error MSVCP 100 dll is missing". I have removed both aircraft and reinstalled them with the same result. I checked the registery and I have a MSVCP 120 dll but no MSVCP 100 dll. I really don't want to do a re-install so any guidance would be rally appreciated.

Regards Paul Day.
    Have a look at the Fiat G-91 thread in the P3D forum http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ead.php/119051. I assume the F-104 is the same and needs the Microsoft C++ libraries installed to work correctly. With the Fiat installer you were given the option of installing them, I guess it will be the same for the F-104. Someone on the P3D thread posted that they had to install the install the Visual Studio 2015, 2017, and 2019 package direct from Microsoft to make everything work, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...al-c-downloads
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

Many thanks to simMarket

This is extremely generous, and right, a good way to make us stay at home for a good Easter WE!

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    how can it prevented to be shot down by SAMS near LIPS ISTRANA?
    DON'T GO THERE !!!

Thank You to Simmarket and the F-4B/F-104G developers for the freebie Easter (and self-isolation) sale. I'll try these but being in my
    mid-70s, the A2A P-40 would probably be a safer bet speed-wise. I'd hate to meet the ground and ruin my whole day. Thank You again.

Thank you SSW and SimMarket for the very generous gift! <3

-JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Since installing the SSW F-104G I'm getting this "Red Panda" application loading with FSX? Can't seem to find any information on it. Anybody know what it does or if its necessary?

I also noticed that the keyless installer is version 1.0.1 whereas the keyless installer for the GINA and F-84 are version 1.0.2. Which is preferred?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Thank you to SSW and SimMarket

Thanks for this nice free bird...

... and it whets the appetite for the upcoming two seater...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pg/simskunkworks/posts/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lady_gear-768x341.jpg   2020-4-11_18-47-14-441.jpg  

SSW Lockheed F104

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Since installing the SSW F-104G I'm getting this "Red Panda" application loading with FSX? Can't seem to find any information on it. Anybody know what it does or if its necessary?

I also noticed that the keyless installer is version 1.0.1 whereas the keyless installer for the GINA and F-84 are version 1.0.2. Which is preferred?
    Hi all,

I'm interested in any reply to this post too, as since installing the F104 today I too am seeing this "Red Panda" application message. I can only assume it is something to do with the activation of the aircraft as each time I start fsx now I have to do the "run" "accept" security thing you get when you first install a new product.

Having said that it is an amazing aircraft, although I still have not succeeded in starting the engines as yet, so I'm still stuck on the ground.

Best regards,
    Happy Flying.

David Phillips

The "Red Panda" is a SimSkunkWorks module or plugin that allows the plane to draw info from the web. I can't remember exactly how it works, but the info is out there if you take the time to Google it. It's included in all of their aircraft.

SimSkunk Works F104 and "Red Panda"

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    The "Red Panda" is a SimSkunkWorks module or plugin that allows the plane to draw info from the web. I can't remember exactly how it works, but the info is out there if you take the time to Google it. It's included in all of their aircraft.
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I just Googled "Red Panda" and it's the cockpit moving map. I recall seeing this on the SimSkunk Works web site when I downloaded the texture files earlier today, but for some reason thought it was an option not a requirement. I'll download it tomorrow and all should be good.

For anyone who has downloaded this and the Fiat G91 the other day, it might be worth mentioning if your getting black cockpit and outside textures that you need to download a texture pack, free, from the SimSkunk Works website.

Thanks.
    Happy Flying.

David Phillips

Great new TF-104G but unfortunately just P3D
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I still have not succeeded in starting the engines as yet, so I'm still stuck on the ground.
    SSW F104G startup and shutdown : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EOIOdmOXoY

Thanks very much SSW. I already had this bird for P3DV3, and love it, so it is a great pleasure to get the P3DV4 version too. I was just flying the P3DV3 version the other night in VR and it is a lot of fun, and a greatly detailed simulation.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Members who have read this thread: 2