ONLY TODAY 11 th April 2020 - SSW F-104 G for free - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ONLY TODAY 11 th April 2020 - SSW F-104 G for free

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Thanks very much SSW. I already had this bird for P3DV3, and love it, so it is a great pleasure to get the P3DV4 version too. I was just flying the P3DV3 version the other night in VR and it is a lot of fun, and a greatly detailed simulation.
    I'd be curious as to how the install went to your P3D V3. I assume you used the FSX version as I see only a FSX or P3D V4 choice.

Did you just point the installer to you P3D folder and let the installer do its thing?

Thanks

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

F-104 G/S nose wheel steering

Only a short information:

Please consider that activation of the nose wheel steering system for tighter curves on the tármac with "Shift-U" only works when activated (with a peep) within the v-cockpit view.

RS

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I'd be curious as to how the install went to your P3D V3. I assume you used the FSX version as I see only a FSX or P3D V4 choice.

Did you just point the installer to you P3D folder and let the installer do its thing?

Thanks

Hi,

Actually I got the P3DV3 version back when that was available from SSW's own store, so it was built to install into P3DV3. Sorry, but I'm not sure how an install would go with another installer. You could always try installing the FSX version into P3D and then point the FSX textures to P3DV3 and also point the FSX Activation file to P3DV3.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I came to think that is this version we got free different from few years back. I checked my present installation and it is from 2016?

Hello fellow Zipper pilots!

Thank you SSW for your generous gift to the FS community!

I am trying to get the camera system working with on screen display (such as described here : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BiljDJ71dxs ), to no avail so far. The camera light does burn but no on screen display at all.

Does it work well on your side? Is it a P3D only feature?

Fly and stay safe!

Hi everybody,

First I'm sorry for my poor English but I'll try to do my best.

I'm new in this forum and I've problems with the radar.
    SSW 104 ( freeware) installed, textures installed, vACMI installed ( but always with " Disconnected "message in the popup), Keyless Installer OK, Red Panda started but there is always an error message on a white radar screen.

I've seen in a old thread that someone had the same message and he fixed it installing vACMI.

No success for me ( FSX Acc, Window 7)

I hope that someone has a good idea for me

Thanks a lot

Hello,

I had disabled Red Panda in the exe.xml and had the white radar screen. I think that enabling Red Panda was the fix for that. But I have had several attempts at having everything working fine, so I might be mixing things up.
    Hope that helps somewhat.

Hi Kekelekou,

thanks for your quick answer and sorry for my late answer.
    Question: how can I enable/disable Red Panda and find the exe.xml file ( I'm not at home now so I can't have a look to FSX)?

Thanks again lucame

Quote Originally Posted by lucame View Post
    Question: how can I enable/disable Red Panda and find the exe.xml file ( I'm not at home now so I can't have a look to FSX)?
    You can find the 'exe.xml' file in "c:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX ". If you don't use Notepad++, you can open it with a text editor.

If you don't want to use Red Panda or VACMI at all, you can get the zipper to use TacPack instead.
    You do this by editing the 'sswf104g.ini' file, which is in the zipper's main directory. At the bottom, you'll find this:

[WEAPON_SYSTEM]
    {
    ENGINE: vACMI;
    }

Just change "vACMI" to "TacPack".

Dave

Hi dhazelgrove,

thank you for your answer.
    I've found the xml file in FSX, enabled, and in the Weapon _System I've now vACMI,
    but I've still have the white radar screeen with the error message ( see attachment).

Very very strange....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maperror.jpg  

Anyway, what is a Red Panda?
    When I start FSX it always pops up
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Red Panda should be an application wich let communicate the zipper with the vACMI ( or with multiplayers).

I think it's a good thing when it starts opening the FSX: it means that' it's working ( I have to activate it manually and I just have the message " Red Panda started".

Did you get the same white radar screen?

I'm starting to think that there is a bug in the Simarket freeware package…

Yes, but I don't use vACMI
    Still, it opens
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I have just remembered that I had to change the weapon system software to be used in a ini file before I got the radar working.

From what I have understood so far (due to the lack of proper documentation...) :
    If you are a TacPack user :
    - You don't have to install vACMI
    - You can disable Red Panda in your EXE.XML
    - The weapon system should work straight out of the box

If you don't owe TacPack and want to use the weapon system :
    - You have to install vACMI
    - Red Panda has to be active
    - You have to change the weapon system software from sswf104g.ini (in your SimObjects/Airplanes IIRC) so that it reads :

Code:
    # 
    WEAPON SYSTEM 
    ENGINE: vACMI or TacPack 
    # 
     [WEAPON_SYSTEM] 
    { 
    ENGINE: vACMI;
    }
    I hope it does the trick for you.

Hi Kekelekou,

I'm not using TacPack or VACMI.

I've looked in exe.xml and changed Red Panda disabled "false " with "true" and left everything else as it is but without success.

I think I'll give up before a do a fatal mistake...

SSW G91 flies flawless, I'm still asking myself, after all my attempts, where is the bug with the Starfighter ( maybe in Window 7 ?).

Again thanks a lot

To fix Red panda I had to go to my firewall and accept it.Now it works like a charm.

Red Panda is accepted but the error message is still there.

Somewhere there must be a connection problem between the zipper and a browser or a server

Somewhere there must be a connection problem between the zipper and a browser or a server
    Gonna sound like a dumb suggestion, but try running the keyless installer again. This will generate a new key; make sure you check all SSW planes you have installed. I had a problem where my zipper wouldn't initialize after I installed the Tornado, running the installer for all products (I sprung for 'em all in the sale) got it working.

What is this error message you are refering to? The one on the radar screen?

The weapon system most likely REQUIRES either vACMI or Tacpack to work as expected.
    if you don’t run Tacpack or if you haven’t installed vACMI and changed the parameter in the ini file as I posted earlier, it won’t work (most likely).

vACMI installed, .ini file changed ( engine vACMI) but no success.

A question: do I have to copy the contents of the F104- and of the vACMI-modules folders into the main FSX modules folder ?

This is an updated screenshot of my panel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails panel.jpg  

Darn it...
    Is Red Panda disabled? If so, please reenable it in the exe.xml and test again.
    Fingers crossed!

I suppose that Red Panda is enabled.
    It doesn't start automatically, I have to launch it manually ( without error message)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15894937276631105165414.jpg  

I've just noticed that I don't have Websimconnect in my PC?

Could it be the solution ?

Hello,

Your EXE.xml just looks the same as mine.
    The socalled WebSimConnect seems to be the RedPanda application which can be found here : "FSX\SimSkunkWorks\WebSimConnect"
    Does the folder exist on your side?

Yes, I have the " Simskunkwoks " folder with the three subfolder " vACMI", " Websimbrowser" and "Websimconnect".

In "Websimconnect" I manually activate Red Panda and then I get " Red Panda started".

And then as expected… always no radar.

Members who have read this thread: 2