Free SSW F-104G now on Simmarket; 1 day only!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free SSW F-104G now on Simmarket; 1 day only!!

Free SSW F-104G now on Simmarket; 1 day only!!

Thank goodness for YouTube videos. Ctrl + E starts ain't a option! NC

Blog Entries
    I keep getting stuck at customer login.

I thought it might be my password (it didn't say it was wrong - it just sat there). So I did a reset, which was an instant email - so part of their fulfilment system works.

But I can't "check out"properly. It their ecommerce system oversubscribed?

Any help would be appreciated - this is a real treat I'd love to have.

thx,

dl

Blog Entries
    OK - tried on my work laptop - came through.

But the orders and the installers don't mention P3D4.5, only FSX, even that's what I picked.

?

I predict this will be a long and frustrating process to enjoy this product ...

EDIT - the downloads came through staggered.

I now have the P3D version. 'Hope this isn't too painful ....

Don't forget the textures installer available from SSW.

http://94.177.167.28/public/simskunk...dels-liveries/
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, OBoy.

Before I install, when I extracted the two installers, I noted 3 folders in the main installation:

$_OUTDIR
    $PLUGINSDIR
    SimSkunkWorks

And then in the keyless installation, these 3 folders:

_•€
    _š€
    _Ÿ€

So where does this product and these folders go? By that I mean, in the old days in FSX, I'd dump everything in my main root FSX folder and carry on. Now, though, I put all my addons in C:\Users\****\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Where all those addon files are cross referenced to the main install using the xmls.

So I suspect that dropping everything in that folder won't work, I assume, since the above 6 folders wouldn't be visible by the sim, right? Or do I drop these 6 "SSW-specific folders" into my root P3D install and install the other contents (Simobject, sound, effect, etc.) in my addon folder set?

OS is W7. Yes, flame away - it works fine but be sorting it out soon ...

dl

Installation went fine, but I got always "System not initialized, initialize manually". Sexy voice, but annoying on a permanent basis ...
    Is this aircraft or installation concerning?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Just get black aircraft no textures...looking in installed folder and textures are in a separate folder?

TeiscoDelRay, look at your confirmation email. There's a separate texture download.
    Greenhouse357

Thanks very much SSW. I already had this bird for P3DV3, and love it, so it is a great pleasure to get the P3DV4 version too. I was just flying the P3DV3 version the other night in VR and it is a lot of fun, and a greatly detailed simulation.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    OK - got it installed more or less - the installer and keyless installer files didn't come through as .exes, so when I added that extension, they were proper installers and worked correctly.

The order I followed was installer, textures, then keyless installer. My C++ redistributables are up to 2019.

I added everything into my off-core install addon folder, but got an error for sound.ini. I copied that folder over to the root, where the program was looking for it, and that got that sorted. But I still get a WebSimconnect error. Not sure why, as their is indeed both a WebSimconnect folder and a WebSimBrowser folder in the SimSkunkWorks folder of my main addon P3D folder. Any ideas what's the issue?

Finally, (and perhaps connected to that error) - I can't operate the loadout manager very well. I can load bombs, and the Vinten Pod, but not Tip tanks. Or any tanks, for that matter.

Any help on that would be great. I'll worry about how to close the canopy later - I recall a youtube video on startup.

thanks,

dl

IIRC, you need to do something unusual to fill the tip tanks... like enabling them in the cockpit. If i get a chance, I'll try it myself. The canopy closure is a bit tricky... certainly easier if you have a headtracker so you can look around.

EDIT: Turn 'External Refuel' on in the cockpit (left console), then you can fill the tip tanks.

Totally confused as to why your installers were butchered. Glad you got it sorted though.
    Last edited by odourboy; April 12th, 2020 at 08:46.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    IIRC, you need to do something unusual to fill the tip tanks... like enabling them in the cockpit. If i get a chance, I'll try it myself. The canopy closure is a bit tricky... certainly easier if you have a headtracker so you can look around.

Totally confused as to why your installers were butchered. Glad you got it sorted though.
    Thanks OB.

I may have to reread the manual. I had this bird in FSX but it was a long time ago.

Re the installers, yes, weird. I even redownloaded them and they came through as a (1) file with no extension. That’s why initially I extracted them, which 7-zip was able to do. Once it clicked on my mind that the the link on the Simmarket page referenced a .exe file, then it was all clear. I’ve never had to add the file extension manually like that before.

OK, I got the engine started, the cockpit closed and the thing into the air...but how do I get the tiptanks, or any other tank for that matter, to show? Rockets no problem, but no tanks. Any suggestions? And where is the manual?

jk6491

jk6496
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Installation went fine, but I got always "System not initialized, initialize manually". Sexy voice, but annoying on a permanent basis ...
    Is this aircraft or installation concerning?
    I have exactly the same problem. I just can't get the engines to work, they fire up then the rev's drop off, even with the throttle put into the idle position

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. I just can't get the engines to work, they fire up then the rev's drop off, even with the throttle put into the idle position
    What are you guys using for your P3D default aircraft? I had that problem way back and I think that was the issue. I use the F-22 (still).

For the issue with tanks not showing up at all or the "system not initialized" message, try uninstalling the aircraft and running the installer again, making sure you run the installer as administrator and with your AV software disabled. For whatever reason, SSW installers seem to be super finicky about those two things.

To start the engine, here's the procedure I use (assuming you just loaded the airplane into P3d).

First, turn on the external power by clicking the guarded "EPU" switch on the left console. You'll get a 2d popup and hear the generator fire up.

Once that's running, left click one of the two start switches on the left forward console (by the gear handle), and you should see the RPM start to rise. When the RPM hits about 20% or so, it'll stop rising, and at that point bring the throttle out of idle cutoff (just move your throttle forward a bit) and right click on whichever starter switch you previously used to shut the starter off.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    OK, I got the engine started, the cockpit closed and the thing into the air...but how do I get the tiptanks, or any other tank for that matter, to show? Rockets no problem, but no tanks. Any suggestions? And where is the manual?

jk6491
    How do you get the cockpit closed? Thanks
    Greg :USA-flag:

If you look at the bottom right side of the canopy when it's open (so basically straight overhead and a bit to the left), you'll see a yellow lever on the base of the canopy. That lever is the lock release, so click it once, then move the mouse somewhere else on the canopy and hold down the left mouse button. You should see the hand icon close, and the canopy will start coming down.

Once it's down all the way, use the lever on the right cockpit sidewall just under the canopy to seal it down all the way.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I think the tanks only work on certain models. If you look at the three Dutch paints included only one has the tip tanks in the preview screen.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Yes in preview..but then what.?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The same error exists on Belgian models/paints. paints for Beauvechain birds only have fighter-bomber load outs. paints for Kleine Brogel only have fighter load outs. Somewhere there must reside a config file that points to the wrong possible loadouts for different models/paints. I can't imagine that it can't be changed.

Priller

Gentlemen, read page 2 of the Fiat G91 texture related post here on SOH. You’ll find some useful links to download a different keyless installer from SSW and updating MS Visual Studio. That will get the 104 working correctly. The keyless installer from Simmarket will keep you stuck in demo mode.
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

[QUOTE=jankees;1217138]OK, I got the engine started, the cockpit closed and the thing into the air...but how do I get the tiptanks, or any other tank for that matter, to show? Rockets no problem, but no tanks. Any suggestions? And where is the manual?
    /QUOTE]

The manuals are in here: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\SSW-FRF-104G\docs depending on where you installed the bird of course.

There's quite a few of them!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    The same error exists on Belgian models/paints. paints for Beauvechain birds only have fighter-bomber load outs. paints for Kleine Brogel only have fighter load outs. Somewhere there must reside a config file that points to the wrong possible loadouts for different models/paints. I can't imagine that it can't be changed.

Priller

I think what you're looking for is in the aircraft.cfg. The aircraft.cfg is set up so that the atc_id for each livery uses a series of numbers and letters (helpfully explained in the .cfg itself) to identify which loadouts and VC are used, so it should be pretty straightforward to just change the entries for whatever liveries you want.

Members who have read this thread: 0