X-Plane 11 Next Generation Graphics Vs Flight Simulator 2020 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-Plane 11 Next Generation Graphics Vs Flight Simulator 2020

Thanks a lot for these recommendations, I'll take a look today !
    Concerning Active Sky, I bought it a long time ago for P3D and was very satisfied with that product (especially for the "historic" mode).
    I'll buy it as soon as it is in sales

Blog Entries
    I love Active Sky in X-Plane.. Coupled with the cloud art clounds it delivers a jaw dropping experience.. i wish i had the videos i just made to upload.. sad I cant seem to wrap my brain around these new programs anymore..

Blog Entries
    There is a pause for about a minute right after the two minute mark so skip ahead to 3 minutes and you should be fine.. sorry for no music and sorry for bad quality.. It still shows off those specific addons to maximum advantage, though in real life, directly in front of you on your screen, theyre amazing..

Thanks for the videos
    The three sisters are these volcanoes south of Mt.Hood, right ? Back when I was using OrbX PNW in P3D, I loved taking off from Hanel Field and fly south, passing near Mt.Hood then heading to the three sisters, and finally turn right (west) to land at Oakridge State.
    Now in XPlane 11 I use True Earth Washington and the area south of Mt Hood isn't covered anymore :/ Maybe I should buy True Earth Oregon to solve that problem...

Anyways, I followed your recommendations and installed "Vivid Sky" in my XPlane11. I have to say I'm very pleased with the results so far, it's much before than what I had originally.
    I tried to download SkyArt but the archives I get seem to be corrupted... But that's no issue, I'm quite ok with the default clouds for the moment.
    What do you use for the water ? Currently the water in my XP11 looks good from a distance, but from very close it's not so nice...

I'll try to take a few screenshots to post here.

Quick take off from Hanel Field just to test the colors.
    The current results are nice, but I noticed the cockpit shadows disappear once reaching the orange evening sunlight... I think I have seen some mod to rectify this problem, I'll investigate a bit more about this later...
    Of course it looks good in VR as well, but the VR screenshots look terrible because of their specific format, so I'm posting regular 2D screenshots instead.
    To keep in line with the title of this topic, despite this satisfactory result, we're still far from the lighting effects of MSFS... I'm curious to see of the developpers will try to improve that, or if any third party dev will give that a try...

At the beginning of my X-Plane "career", I hunted down all visual add-ons I could find. Nowadays, I just run stock, because life's too short to worry about compatibility-breaking updates. And Laminar will tend to disregard your bug reports if you mess with their "private" type datarefs (which most visual tweak scripts do).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    At the beginning of my X-Plane "career", I hunted down all visual add-ons I could find. Nowadays, I just run stock, because life's too short to worry about compatibility-breaking updates. And Laminar will tend to disregard your bug reports if you mess with their "private" type datarefs (which most visual tweak scripts do).
    :::LOL:: God aint that the truth,,, Screw em..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Quick take off from Hanel Field just to test the colors.
    The current results are nice, but I noticed the cockpit shadows disappear once reaching the orange evening sunlight... I think I have seen some mod to rectify this problem, I'll investigate a bit more about this later...
    Of course it looks good in VR as well, but the VR screenshots look terrible because of their specific format, so I'm posting regular 2D screenshots instead.
    To keep in line with the title of this topic, despite this satisfactory result, we're still far from the lighting effects of MSFS... I'm curious to see of the developpers will try to improve that, or if any third party dev will give that a try...
    Damnnnnn Son, Your lookin gooood!!!

Welll, We're certainly nowhere near the richness of color that FS2020 appears to have. Thats part of why i like vivid sky. It's quite dramatic. On the other hand, FS2020 may be just a wee bit overblown color contrast and saturation wise.. X-Plane tends to go for more realistic combinations of the three and I kinda like that too ( though its hard to tell from my screen shots ), but my eyes are old and damaged and dim so lord only knows what I'm actually seeing as compared to what you or someone else is seeing anyway. The world is an amazing and incredible feast for the eyes and is always changing, so who knows, perhaps FS2020 is dead on target, perhaps its not?? I think my greatest wonder is if you get it only in its pre-fab form like a model A Ford where you could have any color you wanted, as long as it was black.. I would certainly hate to not be able to tone things down or pick them up here and there when I wanted..
    Now, I ran across this Yesterday after I posted. I downloaded and installed it and frankly I'm bloody impressed.. It weighs nothing FPS wise as its just a Lua Script, but my gods does it make a difference.. Check it out.. Its a great weapon to have in your graphics arsenal:: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...anced-x-plane/

Regarding True Earth Oregon, it will be interesting to see.. I'm most curious about central oregon where I live.. I've made three airports for here ( KBDN BBend Muni, 6K5 Sisters Eagle Air and Sun River Airport ) all of which are "Mostly" realistic, and it will be interesting to see how close OrbX comes..

So without further Adieu I give you this mornings Romp around the mountains, and KBDN and Sisters Eagle Air.. Oh Yeah.. Indeed the three sisters are active volcanoes located just thirty miles west of me.. At this time Only South Sister is Worrisome as she is warm (as is Newberrfy) and has developed a bulge on her western flank..

OH!!! Just a mention.. I have no AI running. The other aircraft in the bottom picture is a real person coming in for a landing.. For some reason I still get a kick outta that.. Nothing like really not being alone..

MSFS2020 will surely be like no other.
    Beautiful and complete out of the box, ..... no tweaks, no fancy addons, no headaches.

FSX has taught me to be a good software programmer, .... hoping MSFS2020 will teach me to become a better virtual pilot.

IMHO, .... life's too short to spend it on the ground tweaking, ..... rather spend it in the air flying.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    MSFS2020 will surely be like no other.
    Beautiful and complete out of the box, ..... no tweaks, no fancy addons, no headaches.

FSX has taught me to be a good software programmer, .... hoping MSFS2020 will teach me to become a better virtual pilot.

IMHO, .... life's too short to spend it on the ground tweaking, ..... rather spend it in the air flying.

Welllll, Dont get me wrong. I'm not saying its a bad thing, but ya knowwww...
    The best meal in the world is two eggs over easy with just a touch of lace on the edges and a side of well cooked but not too crisp bacon.. You just cant beat it, unless you have it for three meals a day, seven days a week, in which case, it gets old.. The same can be said for FS2020. It's gonna be SO good, hot off the griddle, but in time, it's going to tire you out and youll want something more..

Members who have read this thread: 0