X-Plane 11 Next Generation Graphics Vs Flight Simulator 2020

Thread: X-Plane 11 Next Generation Graphics Vs Flight Simulator 2020

Hybrid View

X-Plane 11 Next Generation Graphics Vs Flight Simulator 2020

Happy Friday all!
    X-Plane 11 Next Generation Graphics Vs Flight Simulator 2020.
    Has the race begun with X-Plane’s Vulkan? And how to I know this for sue!?
    Enjoy!
    https://youtu.be/-cWbQmrSQaA

"And how to I know this for sue!?" Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    "And how to I know this for sue!?" Huh?
    Haha!

Blog Entries
    As is so beautifully demonstrated here, the war is not between FS2020 and X-Plane, but rather between flight model and graphics. I;m sorry, but FS2020 is capable ( from what ive seen ) of simply incredible graphics. What its going to take to reproduce that level of graphics remains to be seen. I can almost guarantee that an average build machine is not going to see graphics anywhere near the quality of whats being advertised. FS2020 is using satellite data to render the earth in real time including buildings, landscape and weather, via a cloud based data server which is constantly downloading data to your computer.. If you want to see your house from ten thousand feet, you can do so, likewise, Tokyo's Imperial Palace will be shown (which it is not in X-Plane ), but whats the cost???
    X-Plane pioneered in game air currents so there has always been air in X-Plane, which cant be said for anything FS wise. I'll personally be looking at, because frankly, landing at Madiera with a sixty knot tail wind is an adventure I dont really want to do again, especially in a 737.
    Now, I've done some pretty interesting things with flight dynamics and its true that you can ( if given enough effort ) that you can come pretty close to an accurate flight model. You can also easily make a ridicules toy. X-Plane doesnt have that. X-Plane says "Oh Look, you made a model: How cute" and it proceeds to put that model inside an infinite direction constant change wind tunnel and subjects it to forces ranging from near nothing all the way past hurricane force. and the plane has to fly through it. If the model is bad, that plane dont fly. You can change CG of course, and power , but the model is the baseline used for determining everything else that happens in the sim. Graphics are secondary, and they always have been. Graphically, X-Plane has never held a candle to Flight Sim. It didnt care about graphics. That changed with X-Plane 11 however.. Though graphics are still secondary, real world simulation has become very important in X-Plane and its possible to make X-Plane simply stunning, for free, But its not going to be exactly what your seeing in the FS2020 vid's. Still, It dont look too shabby!!

Keep the blue side up..
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    X-Plane pioneered in game air currents
    Ahem...

In reaction, [Blackley] used his knowledge of particle physics to create a real-time computational fluid dynamics (CFDs) model for Flight Unlimited. The result is a simulated atmosphere: air acts as a fluid that automatically reacts to the shape of any object placed within it.
    This was in 1995. Granted, X-Plane 1.0 was also released that year, but I rate CFD as more accurate than Blade Element Theory.

X-Plane's flight modeling differentiates between aerodynamic and visual object, so while an object may look like a 40 ft cargo container, it can be driven by an aerodynamic model of an F-16.

Blog Entries
    So is THAT why my Kalinin K7 wont fly above 12000 feet ( its true. I flew it from San Francisco to Reno once and ended up driving it on I-80 over the top of the Sierra's ).. I really dont want to get into this antiquated argument.. X-Plane is the front end of a very professional flight simulator which is used by several major companies to train their Pilots.. David Brice works for Lockheed Martin in their Simulator division making simulators to train pilots (they both train pilots ).. I personally dont see a lot of difference in the outcome there. Its only the details that seem to be nit-picky..
    What the original question was is: How will X-Plane graphics hold up against MSFS2020's Graphics, and I still insist that will depend on the ability of your machine.. So the war remains between flight models.. MS has already issued a statement saying that legacy FS aircraft will work in FS2020.. That tells me that every aircraft you and I made will work in this new sim, meaning except for some added on pork, there aint a whole lotta difference between then and now, which I'm highly suspicious about.. Trust me, Theres nothing I want more than to fly my P-61 in FS2020.. Nothing!!!!.. But if MY airplane will fly in it, its using a look-up table and an air file, and everything else is patched on accessories that have been buried in the code ( a trick learned from Dovetail Games ), which I cant stand.. X-plane may not be perfect, but at least it breathes and grows and changes with each new release, and I mean it really changes.. They didnt just simply add Vulkan support. They rewrote the entire X-Plane engine for it ( and in beta testing its still a bit of a pain in the behind ) and with literally thousands of data refs, anyone can reprogram the entire game for their own purposes, including the flight models.. Personally, truest flying aircraft in X-Plane is the Kalanin, There are bad ones, and theyre bad because the model is bad, causing poor performance ( if you get them off the ground ).. Nuff said I guess.. Still, it feels good having a gentle Tete-tete with you.. Been a long time..

Members who have read this thread: 0