Bristol Beaufighter MkIIF for Fs9 and CFS2.

Thread: Bristol Beaufighter MkIIF for Fs9 and CFS2.

Bristol Beaufighter MkIIF for Fs9 and CFS2.

Hi Folks,
    Been working on this for a while, a Beaufighter NF MkIIF. Trying to make it fairly detailed as I'll be doing the other marks. This is the Merlin XX engined version of the night fighter, around 450 made.

A total revamp of Bis13's CFS2 model, with new VC, crew, details, tex etc.

With the testers as we speak, so hopefully not long now.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beau IIF Fs9 1.jpg  

Hi Shessi

it does look awesome ! Definitely looking forward to, I would love to paint a postwar TT.10 as you plan many version (converted MkX for target towing). These TT10 remained in service up to the 60's. The yellow and black "bumblebee" style made me willing to paint one !
    Thank you so much for keeping fs9 alive

Cheers
    L'iguane

Oh god! that VC is brilliant!

Hoping that one day, we'll see a version for FSX/P3D!

Priller

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Seconding Priller's observation and desires. There are plenty of radial-engined FSX Beaus out there but VERY few w/Merlins. The detailing in both cockpits is excellent. If you can somehow at some time fix this up for FSX it would be appreciated.

Great news Shessi! The Beaufighter was always the 'ugly sister' to the Mosquito. But it did its share in the night battles over Europe and then gained from the Japanese the name 'Whistling Death' due to its distinctive engine note during an attack run on ground troops.

The early marks had a poor rep in the anti-shipping role in the North Sea and off the Norwegian coast. Unable to maintain height with one-enging out, a lot of crews ditched in the northern seas and were lost. I have not yet researched the Merlin engined marks and this is a timely prompt. It looks a very nice model and accompanying VC. Thanks to all involved in breathing life into it.

Mal

We need a Merlin Beau in fs2004. Looking good Shessi......

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post

The early marks had a poor rep in the anti-shipping role in the North Sea and off the Norwegian coast. Unable to maintain height with one-enging out, a lot of crews ditched in the northern seas and were lost. I have not yet researched the Merlin engined marks and this is a timely prompt. It looks a very nice model and accompanying VC. Thanks to all involved in breathing life into it.

Mal
    Not exactly true.....the Merlin engine ones were underpowered compared to the Hercules engine ones, as the Merlin was a 'Ministry' substitution for the design spec Griffon. Griffon engines being reserved for the Fairey Firefly.

The problem with the single engine performance was down to a wartime shortage necessitating some Beaufighters going into service without the ability to feather the propellers.....and while the Beaufighter could stay up on one engine, it was only if the prop on dead engine was feathered, due to the aerodynamic drag.

Wiki has a good write up ------> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Beaufighter

Ttfn

Pete

Nice work again Shessi! There is always room for an extra warbird on my hard-disk. The VC indeed looks very spectacular!

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2020

re: Bristol Beaufighter MkIIF for CFS2 - skin request please

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Folks,
    Been working on this for a while, a Beaufighter NF MkIIF. Trying to make it fairly detailed as I'll be doing the other marks. This is the Merlin XX engined version of the night fighter, around 450 made.

A total revamp of Bis13's CFS2 model, with new VC, crew, details, tex etc.

With the testers as we speak, so hopefully not long now.

Cheers

Shessi
    Thanks Shessi.

Can I be cheeky and ask for a skin please? For No 456 Squadron RAAF, squadron codes "RX".

No worries if it's not possible, thanks.

SW

PS: I hope everyone is keeping safe!

Quote Originally Posted by SW View Post
    Thanks Shessi.

Can I be cheeky and ask for a skin please? For No 456 Squadron RAAF, squadron codes "RX".

No worries if it's not possible, thanks.

SW

PS: I hope everyone is keeping safe!

Just to add , 456 was UK based according to wiki
    ------> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._456_Squadron_RAAF

ttfn

Pete

Excellent!

Especially welcome since I recently re-read Night Fighter by C.F. "Jimmy" Rawnsley, John Cunningham's guy in back.

Shessi, check your PM box. My email is giving me a hard time.

Excellent stuff there shessi

Another neglected aircraft, thank you Shessi.

Not as successful in the NF role but it filled some nighttime defence gaps and eventually turned up in some interesting places.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

She's a Beaut alright.

Lucky enough to have an alpha test. Thank you Shessi very much. Just wish I had more time being a very busy key worker, whilst many are at home, I have more work and longer days.

Also a bit of inspiration if you planed doing some round engined ones.

Jamie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FS9_046.jpg  

Many thanks for all your hard work on this Shessi

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Exellent Bristol Beaufighter Shessi! Didn't knew this iconic RAF fighterbomber had Merlin power plants. Looks like a real keeper, love the VC btw.. downloading...

Regards,
    Dag

Members who have read this thread: 0