Aircraft Damage Effects Reference Guide

Thread: Aircraft Damage Effects Reference Guide

SOH-CM-2020

Aircraft Damage Effects Reference Guide

Just uploaded under CFS3 Other - Effects, is a handy one page reference for those who like to add damage effects to aircraft xdp files.

It really is easy and you can spend some lockdown time upgrading some of your old stock aircraft. The effects listed can all be found in the master effects.xml file put together by Majormagee and myself.

There are other aircraft damage effects floating around (eg in WOTR), but they are not found in the master effects.xml.

HOWEVER if there are any other favourite damage effects you would like to see mentioned, please post suggestions on this thread. I guess, for instance, some of the cockpit damage effects could be included, what do you think? Not sure if they are in the master effects.xml though.

I hope this is useful even for the "old hands" who are making amazing new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Just uploaded under CFS3 Other - Effects, is a handy one page reference for those who like to add damage effects to aircraft xdp files.

It really is easy and you can spend some lockdown time upgrading some of your old stock aircraft. The effects listed can all be found in the master effects.xml file put together by Majormagee and myself.

There are other aircraft damage effects floating around (eg in WOTR), but they are not found in the master effects.xml.

HOWEVER if there are any other favourite damage effects you would like to see mentioned, please post suggestions on this thread. I guess, for instance, some of the cockpit damage effects could be included, what do you think? Not sure if they are in the master effects.xml though.

I hope this is useful even for the "old hands" who are making amazing new models.
    Can you give me a link to that? I can't seem to locate it.

Best Regards

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Looked at the fx sheet yesterday and

did n you know that there is a guide flare effects used to be placed on rockets and glide bombs to use as a targeting device...?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by RJW View Post
    Can you give me a link to that? I can't seem to locate it.

Best Regards
    Here 'tis http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=161&id=26554

hey NachtPiloten, could you give us a few more details, Please?

Members who have read this thread: 0