SWS phantom free NOW until April 12th!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWS phantom free NOW until April 12th!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

SWS phantom free NOW until April 12th!

Last edited by stovall; April 11th, 2020 at 11:54.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Wow, I have but its a wealthy gift.
    Developers are amazing!

TY Alex and SWS!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the Heads Up!

Dang. That's a generous gift. Thank you Alex and crew.

Nice for them to do that, kinda hurts from someone that purchased the original in FSX. I did get a discount for the PBR upgrade, so that was cool.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Nice! Thanks Alex et al.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Can't seem to find the "buy' button . I just get " notify me when the product is available " . Over-run with orders ?

Thanks for the HU

If you look at Simmarkets Facebook page (posts) you can see what day they are giving each product away. I believe the SWS Phantom is set to be free ON April 12.

The SSW F-104G (all versions) is free on April 11.

You don't need to be on facebook to see these posts.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    If you look at Simmarkets Facebook page (posts) you can see what day they are giving each product away. I believe the SWS Phantom is set to be free ON April 12.

This probably deserves it's own thread, or mention in the general "on sale" thread. But will this model accept the FSX F-104G repaints?

thanks,

dl

You are right delta-lima. If noone else posts one up I may post about it in the FSX and P3D sales topics. In case you, or anyone else, weren't aware, Simmarket is giving away something every day in April, so it is worth keeping an eye on their "Gratis" section and their Facebook page. I think on occasional days, such as today, there may be heavy discounts on some products rather than a giveaway. Today they are hosting the JustSim 5 Euro sale on some products.

As for the paints, I don't think the F-104G was converted to PBR, so I think the FSX paints should still work. I have the FSX and P3Dv3 versions already, and they share the same livery pack from SSW.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

What would be nice would be if SWS offered loyal customers who bought the original F-4 a free upgrade to the PBR version instead of charging a further Euros 35.99.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    What would be nice would be if SWS offered loyal customers who bought the original F-4 a free upgrade to the PBR version instead of charging a further Euros 35.99.
    If I log in to my SWS account where I purchased the Phantom originally I can see a code for a %50 discount off the PBR version
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

Thank you!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

With the coronavirus situation, it looked like a good idea to give our old warbird. It still looks good, works well and comes with a carrier so you can have one more reason to stay in.

The carrier also presents an opportunity to people to get acquainted first-hand with our carrier tech and its features and maybe set the ground for some freeware carriers using CEX, as hundreds more now have our module.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Blog Entries
    You are right delta-lima. If noone else posts one up I may post about it in the FSX and P3D sales topics. In case you, or anyone else, weren't aware, Simmarket is giving away something every day in April, so it is worth keeping an eye on their "Gratis" section and their Facebook page. I think on occasional days, such as today, there may be heavy discounts on some products rather than a giveaway. Today they are hosting the JustSim 5 Euro sale on some products.

As for the paints, I don't think the F-104G was converted to PBR, so I think the FSX paints should still work. I have the FSX and P3Dv3 versions already, and they share the same livery pack from SSW.

Cheers,
    Thanks Scott! Since I’m not on Facebook, I don’t think of visiting there, even if it’s open access.

As to the thread topic, thanks Alex et al for your generosity.

I went over there and on my account they offer a 50% discount on the F-4 PBR. Not to shabby.

Awesome give away, thanks to the SWS crew, much appreciated.
    Is there anywhere else than the SWS website to find the manuals for this beast?
    The two cockpit familiarization manuals don't seem to be available.

Cheers, Bernard
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Thanks for that and thank you SSW

went over there and on my account they offer a 50% discount on the F-4 PBR. Not to shabby.
    For some reason Just Flight where I bought the original SWS F-4 has the PBR edition at full price with no "upgrade" option or price for customers who bought the old F-4 at JF.

Anyway, I have now uninstalled this aircraft and guess will go back to the Alphasim F-4. Have become frustrated with the pitch having a mind of its own (pitch trim hat button IS set to repeat and slider in the middle) so can't really fly it, lack of detailed systems manual (e.g., where exactly is the battery switch?), cold/dark or ready to start start ups don;t work, inability to change load outs if you change paints or a/c mid flight and curtailment of the old SWS web site forum, which solved a lot of the earlier teething problems.

Update

Did a fresh re-install and things seem better. Got it to start from Cold&Dark. Partly failure to **** but many parts of the manual before the relevant section say "under construction" so missed that. It may be the pitch trim works only with APCS engaged? Need to do some further testing.

Sure looks good over SOCAL!

Further update

Level - hand flying - trimmed flight has been achieved! Not sure why, but a reload of the sim seemed to make a number systems function that weren't. Not yet giving up on this ship.

My apologies for the thread hijack however the SOH is the only way to reach SWS F-4 owners as a group to compare notes and share troubleshooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post

Got email from SWS and they say this will be free TILL Apr 12.

In the email:

"In order to provide you with an extra incentive to stay at home, we decided to give away our legacy F-4B Phantom II for free until Sunday the 12th.

The legacy F-4B is compatible with FSX-P3Dv4 and comes bundled with USS Coral Sea which is powered by our Carriers Extended! technology, creating the ultimate carrier ops package!"

They plan on a PBR version of the Midway that will be V4/5 specific and will have to conduct extensive tests.

To clear out the confusion:

The SimMarket giveaway was scheduled FOR April 12th. SimMarket activated it early by accident and shut it down. No harm done, it will be back online on Sunday.

We are making it available UNTIL the 12th on our site.

Feel free to attack either!

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

For some reason Just Flight where I bought the original SWS F-4 has the PBR edition at full price with no "upgrade" option or price for customers who bought the old F-4 at JF.
    I also purchased the SWS Phantom from Just Flight, and asked them about that. Their reply was that they had sent out an email
    with a discount code, I believe sometime in February. I couldn't recall receiving, so they re-sent the email to me with the discount
    code. Because of finances, I haven't used it yet.

However, when Ferry_vo first announced the free SWS Phantom on Simmarket, it was being offered for free at that time (I guess
    Simmarket jumped the gun a bit), and I picked it up even though I already had it from Just Flight -it's free, right? - and just left it
    in my Simmarket account. But now when I go into my Simmarket account, the PBR version automatically shows with the discount
    price .

So if you want the PBR version at the discount price, you can either ask Just Flight to re-send the email with the discount code, or
    wait for the Phantom to be offered for free on Simmarket, and then purchase the PBR upgrade there. Or do both like I did and
    compare upgrade prices.

Just fyi -RobM

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    To clear out the confusion:

The SimMarket giveaway was scheduled FOR April 12th. SimMarket activated it early by accident and shut it down. No harm done, it will be back online on Sunday.

We are making it available UNTIL the 12th on our site.

Feel free to attack either!
    It is still listed on SimMarket for another couple days.

https://secure.simmarket.com/simwork...-fsx-p3d.phtml

Members who have read this thread: 0