Prepar3D V5 releasing April 14th - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prepar3D V5 releasing April 14th

I'll check it out once it's TacPack compatible. v4.5 is fine for now. I'll let you guys find all of the bugs for me first.

Btw. nice new tool:

https://fselite.net/prepar3d-v5-compatibility/aircraft/

Prices:

and it looks like released.... and speed of this webpage looks like speed od the snail too .

https://www.prepar3d.com/
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Request Screenshots of Defualt P3Dv5

Hello All,

Would someone be willing to post some pics of default P3Dv5 before you add in scenery? Maybe some ground shots of runway textures or ground vegetation and trees, buildings?

Thanks,
    OTNick

I managed to complete the purchase, but now trying to get to the download page.

Getting lots of either page cant be reached or database connection errors.

Edit: Downloading!
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

FYI

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS – PREPAR3D V5

Minimum
    Recommended
    Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 10 1809 Microsoft Windows 10 1909
    Computer Processor
    Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz Octa Core @ 3.7 GHz + (e.g. Intel Core i7/i9)
    Computer Memory
    4 GB 16 GB DDR4/2666MHz +
    Hard Drive Space
    50 GB, with at least 35 GB on C:\
    (3 GB for the SDK)
    M.2 or Solid State Drive (SSD) is strongly recommended
    Graphics Card Video Memory
    4 GB 8 GB + (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080 Ti)
    Graphics Card Other
    DirectX 12 with feature level 12_0 or greater
    Other
    Administrator Rights (for installation only)
    Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
    1920×1080 minimum screen resolution for primary display
    Joe Cusick

Glad I (at the time) "overspecced" my Jetline Systems custom build rig in late 2016. The only questionable thing I've got is the 8 GB nVIDIA GTX 1070....other than that....I should be good.

But hey...I don't want to be guilty of "being one of those who run off and hoard sh!tter paper" (LOVED THAT)! So I'll wait a bit to see what others think before pulling the trigger.

Kent

I have no intention of purchasing this any time soon. I have been burned on P3D more than once for early adoption. Will let this settle in, bugs worked out and let the 3rd party folks catch up.

However, I did want to go to the p3d web site to have a look at the marketing and specs. No such luck. Cant even connect, so I guess their servers are getting hammered. When v4 came out I recall it took a week to get on there and download anything with a decent connection speed.

Good luck folks. if you do get it up and running I look forward to your comments.

The only questionable thing I've got is the 8 GB nVIDIA GTX 1070
    You're not alone! I hope it will be fine though.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

First opinions not very good: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...-first/page/2/ .
    See this also https://abload.de/img/1wukgk.jpg ups ;/.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have avoided it so far but looks like I have to update to W10!
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

For me looking at the specs, I have a GTX 1080 with 8GB so not ideal but hopefully ok, and my i7-7820HK is rated at only 2.9 GHz but all GHz's are not created equal so I am not too worried. Its a laptop so bit hard to upgrade, but it was top of the line when V4 came out, 3 years ago, so hope it will be able to solder on for a few more years.
    Joe Cusick

News from ORBX:

Sounds like most products will be ported over (or already have been ported from looking at Orbx Central) but:

One notable exception to this will be Orbx Global VECTOR; at this point we are not intending to port this title to the new platform. The data within in Prepar3D v5 is much newer and complete and makes Global VECTOR less relevant. Airport data in Global VECTOR is also incompatible with Prepar3D v5. Though Global VECTOR does have additional features such as road tunnels and custom textures, at this stage we do not intend to modify it for Prepar3D v5.
    Joe Cusick

Something is wrong with Sun, not only with TrueSky.
    There was a change between 4.5 and 5. In 5 the Sun is on wrong position (or moves too slowly).

I did now 1,5h flight and the sun near didnt change position in the sim (the time was between 17.30 - to 19.00).

The lighting changed but the sun was more or less in the same position.

In v.4.5 is ok.

HotFix 1 for P3Dv5 out officially:

https://prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2020/04/116506/

CLIENT FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Reduced VRAM usage by automatically reducing texture sizes on distant objects.
    • Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) displays are now supported.
    • Fixed crash that could occur on approach at low altitudes in some cases.
    • Fixed driver hang caused by the ATC window in some cases.
    • Fixed crash when closing camera preview window.
    • Vehicle preview screen now shows interior model if no exterior model exists.
    • Fixed issue causing detached avatar to crash if parent vehicle crashed.
    • Fixed issue causing shadow errors in SimDirector when Enhanced Atmospherics was active.
    • Multichannel host now serializes library effect mappings.
    • IsOnGround now properly set when initializing mobile scenery objects in SimDirector.
    • DLLStop is now called on all DLL plugins before being removed.
    • Fixed issues causing VR views to be out of sync.
    • Fixed issue preventing traffic from clearing in some cases.
    • Fixed issue causing invalid reflections in right eye in VR.
    • Enhanced Atmospherics is now supported in VR stereo and mono modes.
    • Fixed issue preventing AI from taking off and landing at airports in some cases.
    • Improved Enhanced Atmospherics cloud shadows.
    • Fixed issue where adjusting time preview would cause AI to spawn.
    • Fixed crash that would occur when playing a flight recording from command line.
    • Fixed issue causing multiplayer session status to appear differently on client and host machines.
    • Fixed issue causing a crash to occur before user was prompted that VRAM budget was exceeded.
    • Fixed issue where reflections in right eye were one frame behind in VR single pass mode.
    • Fixed issue preventing panel mouse interaction from working in VR in some cases.
    • Reduced intensity of default landing light effect.
    • Improved AI brake behavior on sloped surfaces.
    • Additional improvements to ground contact reaction.
    • Fixed long UI load times if large amounts of add-ons were installed.
    • Fixed issue where GPS broadcast and sound in slew settings were not loaded correctly at startup.
    • Fixed issue where flight plans would reapply if currently active when pressing OK in the options screen.
    • Various Enhanced Atmospherics cloud appearance improvements.
    • Fixed application hang that would occur if VR threw an error in single pass mode.
    • Fixed issue causing vehicle select sort ordering to reverse in some cases.
    • Fixed crash that would occur if a docked view was closed while being moved.
    • Fixe issue where SimConnect_CreateEffect was not initializing PBH values.
    • Added VR cursor settings.
    • Fixed issue where terrain textures would draw on top of each other in some cases.

CONTENT FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Fixed issue where right rudder could detach from vertical stabilizer in F-35A.
    • Updated TTA paint scheme.
    • Fixed various effect colors.
    • Fixed issue with incorrect sun visor transparency in the CUASE.
    • Fixed bad scenario briefing formatting seen in some resolutions.

SCENERY FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Improved freeway lane textures.
    • Fixed issue preventing AI push back from occurring.
    • Fixed various water data issues.
    • Updates to several airports and surrounding areas including KSAN, KPVD, KXNA, and KTRI.
    • Fixed VMMC taxiway elevation issues.
    • Fixed various bridge issues.

SDK FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Fixed issue with FX tool not loading certain values from effect files in some cases.
    Last edited by YoYo; May 1st, 2020 at 00:59.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Uninstall v5 client, install hot fix client ?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post

I believe it necessitates complete uninstall/reinstall of P3DV5, latest release. Leastwise, as I understand it, and is what I did. NC

I was having no issues with the original release at all, and now with the Hotfix I've gotten a few video memory errors and overall lower performance, seemingly running the same settings as I had before, on a clean/complete uninstall/new install. To begin investigating different settings...

Update: The enhanced atmospheric clouds use even more VRAM than before, with the enhanced atmospheric clouds looking much better now, but at quite a cost. My 8GB card can't handle it. Dropping the enhanced atmospheric cloud resolution to low or medium resolution is fine, and in the lowest resolution the clouds still look better than they did at the ultra setting in the original release. I also fair better with Dynamic Texture Streaming turned off.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; May 1st, 2020 at 19:04.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    Full uninstall and full install.
    https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...137548#p215989

Members who have read this thread: 0