Prepar3D V5 releasing April 14th - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prepar3D V5 releasing April 14th

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The improvements to clouds are very welcome. It was about time they get rid of these ugly 2D clouds...
    Yep, this is nice (and not REX/HiFi yet):

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

[Live Article] Developer Statements on Prepar3D v5 Product Compatibility

https://fselite.net/originals/live-a...compatibility/

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    [Live Article] Developer Statements on Prepar3D v5 Product Compatibility

https://fselite.net/originals/live-a...compatibility/

That all sounds positive! Thank you, YoYo!

Next good news (for VR users) - VR support not worse than in P3Dv4.5.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...211928#p211918

Nothing is going to look like MS2020 until eveything in the game adopts Ray Tracing. The Terrain looks way better. The Lighting looks way better, and so do the Clouds. TruSky is welcome. I agree with Matt above. I don't think anyone knows the full scope of what "3rd Party Dev" will be with 2020 yet. I have a feeling that P3D will remain the more viable option. I've heard rumors that the main developer of the sim for MS doesn't want 3rd party devs at all. They want to do it all.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Just because of the clouds (and weatherengine?) it's worth getting it...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hmm, this is right from the Milviz site.

"Prepar3D V5

8th April 2020

We are currently testing our products in LM Prepar3D V5.
    Results so far:
    • Advanced series products: non-functional
    • WX bundled products: non-functional
    • All other products: testing ongoing

With products bundled with 3rd party addons (TacPack, WX, etc) a definitive answer, as to if and when a solution will be ready, is unfortunately out of our hands.
    For the rest, we hope to have answers within the next 2 weeks. Until we have confirmed your aircraft is compatible, please assume it isn't.

Please note that we hope we won't have to charge for this update, but we might have to, depending on the work involved."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better keep a copy of P3D v4.5 for awhile.

Hardware requirements P3D V5

Soon the hardware requirements will be posted.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...=6306&t=136750

I still use V3 of P3D so it would be a giant leap to V5 for me, it sounds like there will be backwards compatibility with V4.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...211921#p211921

Good to read most or at least many of our old products will still work.

Hello,

Version 5 is be a completely new product and can be installed alongside version 4 without affecting your v4 installation. As far as add-on compatibility goes your best bet is to reach out to the specific developers and confirm with them. One of our goals we've always had is to ensure backwards compatibility as much as possible with our updates. We have worked extensively to ensure backwards compatibility has been maintained as much as possible in version 5.

Regards,
    Rob McCarthy
    Prepar3D® Core Lead
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Who are not 'technically' using the sim in accordance with licensing terms.
    True, but technically, nobody should be using it outside of a flight training facility or an education establishment. But here we all are lol.

After seeing some more shots of it, the upper environment does seem to be quite different. I've yet to see anything more than the curved runway option though in terms of added surface details. But the higher up shots do look a bit more detailed. Perhaps the ground textures have been enhanced with PBR as well? I think I read somewhere too that they may have worked with ORBX for some scenery as well? I'm sure more of those pics/videos will appear. I see what looks like a Shorts 360 in that second video. Popular jump platform and short field transport. USFS uses them as Smoke Jumper platforms, and I believe the Army and maybe the USAF? Use it for jump training too.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

From A2A:

Hello guys,

Now that the cat is out of the bag regarding Prepar3D v5 and the NDA has been lifted, just a quick word on the new version of the platform from A2A Simulations' perspective.

The outlook for PC flight sims is especially exciting and fast-changing right now, so charting our future development priorities is quite a challenge. Version 5 of Prepar3D is just about to drop into the mixing pot and offers some promising performance improvements and a bunch of interesting features.

Broadly speaking, our existing P3Dv4 aircraft already work pretty well in P3Dv5. However, there are a few features that currently aren't compatible. One of these is the dynamic windshield rain effect which will need updating for DirectX 12. As a result of the rendering changes in v5, we'll also have to make changes to some of the internal and external code, as well as to textures and aircraft models. This will be on a per product basis, as some are already showing they need more work than others.

At the time of writing we don’t have access to the P3Dv5 release candidate and we need to make sure we've got our hands on a stable version of the sim before we make any changes along these lines. For that reason, we won’t have new installers for v5 ready on the launch day next week.

However, if you already own Accu-Sim aircraft for P3Dv4 and you're keen to try them in the new version (which can easily be installed alongside v4) for the most part they should work as expected. You can simply copy and paste them into the add-ons folder for P3Dv5 or—if you wish to save disk space—you can alias to the existing files in the P3Dv4 add-ons folder. We'll provide a bit more info on this upon release.

One last bit to clarify just in case anybody is wondering. As for previous versions of Prepar3D, any updates we provide for Accu-Sim aircraft for P3Dv5 will be free of charge if you already own the P3D version.

Thanks,
    Nick
    "

I'm glad to see at least "some" of the developers are being kind on our wallets in terms of giving the V5 products updates to people with the P3D versions free of charge. Also, it seems my initial impressions about V4 aircraft was pretty accurate in assuming most will work without issue. I think the models that don't use PBR are the ones that will probably require the tweaking. That video above looks like the waves may actually be dynamic? Perhaps affected by the weather? Kind of seemed that way with actual swells and such. Interesting. I'd like to see what, if any, weather tweaks were made aside from just the cloud texturing/rendering. It seems like in that regard they've looked to have added more dynamic weather options perhaps?

FWIW,
    I saw a comment on one of those Utube vids re: P3D V5:

P3D v4.5 + tomatoshade + rdpreset for tomatoshade + Rex skyforce 5 = P3D v5

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    FWIW,
    I saw a comment on one of those Utube vids re: P3D V5:

P3D v4.5 + tomatoshade + rdpreset for tomatoshade + Rex skyforce 5 = P3D v5
    It could be a joke....
    P3Dv5 isnt graphical tweak only, its a dedicated engine for DX12.
    Owner of this comment doesnt understand main feature of v5 I suppose or... its a joke .

Blog Entries
    Does anybody know which app or program is being used to show the GPU and CPU info on the top left in the video Yoyo posted? I would love to have something like that. The small red font used by PD3 is too small for my old eyes.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Does anybody know which app or program is being used to show the GPU and CPU info on the top left in the video Yoyo posted? I would love to have something like that. The small red font used by PD3 is too small for my old eyes.
    Yes - MSI Afterburner + RivaTuner,
    example: https://youtu.be/qykMu_hLPoQ .

Blog Entries
    Yes - MSI Afterburner + RivaTuner,
    example: https://youtu.be/qykMu_hLPoQ .
    Thank you, Sir. I watched the video and downloaded the program. Now to set it up.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Thank you, Sir. I watched the video and downloaded the program. Now to set it up.
    No problem. You can set up as You wants, here is my example from my gaming laptop where I monitor the temperature of CPU:

I did screenshots from Rob's video of P3Dv5 display settings, many option like in P3D before, weather has new position + Enhanced Atmosperics option:
    :

I did screenshots from Rob's video of P3Dv5 display settings, many option like in P3D before, weather has new position + Enhanced Atmosperics option:
    :

Ahhh, nice catch! I don't know about anyone else, but I've been wondering what else they did to "enhance" the weather. I read a couple of comments elsewhere that they completely redid the weather for V5. As in they've made it considerably more dynamic than the past versions. I haven't seen a video yet, but it makes me wonder if that's something that actually happened considering what looks like dynamic wave swells etc.

Blog Entries
    Unless he has some added ATC, listening to the ATC chatter while he was over So Cal, makes me think that they might have upped the ATC game also.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

I sure would like to know if my 1080ti graphics card and I7 processor will run P3DV5. I definitely cannot afford a Titan RTX card. I find it a little odd that LM did not publish the minimum requirements already. They will be soon, apparently, but why the delay? NC

Members who have read this thread: 0