Prepar3D V5 releasing April 14th - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prepar3D V5 releasing April 14th

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I sure would like to know if my 1080ti graphics card and I7 processor will run P3DV5. I definitely cannot afford a Titan RTX card. I find it a little odd that LM did not publish the minimum requirements already. They will be soon, apparently, but why the delay? NC
    I'd expect it to run 'Out Of The Box' on that combination, how well really depends of your settings and third party add-ons.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Unless he has some added ATC, listening to the ATC chatter while he was over So Cal, makes me think that they might have upped the ATC game also.
    Quote from Rob... https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...omment=4207104

Just wondered if that ATC and voices are from the new V5, or if you are using an add on?

Sorry, that's just tuned into KLAX from www.liveATC.net.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Quote from Rob... https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...omment=4207104

Just wondered if that ATC and voices are from the new V5, or if you are using an add on?

Sorry, that's just tuned into KLAX from www.liveATC.net.
    Darn Oh well, we will see what we get.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Much better to my opinion than default v4. Sorry about the question: But are the clouds 3D or still 2D?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Much better to my opinion than default v4. Sorry about the question: But are the clouds 3D or still 2D?
    its hard to say, several preview videos have had 3rd party addons and textures installed. There hasnt been a vanilla video posted where there hasnt been any 3rd party software included in the preview.

Theres even dickheads with all the bells and whistles in v4.5 posting videos claiming to be v5 on utube and facebook

Thanks, Matt. Yeah, had a look over there at Youtube, and have to say, yes, many of them are not very impartial. Anyway I am very curious about the possible improvements - and probably we get some soon results in about a few weeks...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Thanks, Matt. Yeah, had a look over there at Youtube, and have to say, yes, many of them are not very impartial. Anyway I am very curious about the possible improvements - and probably we get some soon results in about a few weeks...
    Robs video in this link does a better job

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...r3d-v5-clouds/

again horses for courses

Oh, that looks promising!

"again horses for courses"

Suits me fine
    Best regards, Manfred.

Prepar3D v5 has real 3D volumetric clouds, using the TrueSky technology just like FlightSimWorld and DeadStick Flight Simulator.
    You also have an option to disable TrueSky in case you want to return to the ugly stupid 2D clouds from 1995

Sounds better and better, thank you.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Still no information released by LM, that I have seen, about mnimmin requirements to run it? NC

From PMDG (FSElite news) - no fee for v5 if You have addon for 4.5:

Prepar3D v5

The news you have all been waiting for. The post on the forums is rather lengthy, so here’s some of the key points you’re keen to learn.

• PMDG has so far indicated that they “do not see any compelling reason for additional costs” for the Prepar3D versions of their products.
    • PMDG expects that their current line of products will work with the new version of Prepar3D right out of the box. However, they are not suggesting there may not be issues, nor have they ran tests on a release build of Prepar3D v5. New installers are being prepared to enable people to install directly into Prepar3D v5.
    • PMDG will not support anyone who wants to “hand-install” products without official installers being made available
    • New features made possible because of Prepar3D v5 will be added in due course.
    • PMDG have no set-date for when the new installers will be made available
    • PMDG will continue to support Prepar3D v4 for the time being, as the platforms (from their perspective) are similar enough.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

"Our most noteworthy feature is our brand-new rendering engine built on DirectX 12. In addition, we have integrated trueSKY and NVIDIA WaveWorks 2.0 middleware, refreshed the entire globe, included sloped runway capabilities, and added additional aircraft, landmarks, wildlife models and more. Prepar3D v5 is the start of a whole new simulation and training engine with so much to get excited about."

"Users can definitely expect both improved performance and enhanced visuals with v5. With DirectX 12, our development team can transition more work from both the CPU and the GPU, which has an improved ability to process multiple threads. It allows us to implement our own command line list and buffers to the GPU. Basically, this allows the Prepar3D to use the hardware more efficiently. Therefore, our users will see an increase in performance and improved realism – with and without new hardware. It gives us the ultimate control to address issues that are unique to earth-size simulations."

Direct quotes regarding new features.
    I'd like to know what LM regard as 'older hardware'.
    Considering the educational end users I expect it should be capable of running on an i7/1080 build as not a lot of these operators would have the budget for super boxes.
    Doubt it will be a problem for me as both rigs I'm sewing together are built around an i9 10980XE/X299X Mobo/GeForce RTX280Ti x2/AX1600i/128GB/package.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

1/ https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...turned-and-v5/
    2/ PREPAR3D V5 LAUNCHES AT 4:00 PM (EST) - Be the first to purchase Prepar3D v5. The Prepar3D.com store will be updated with the new product catalog at 4:00 pm (EST). Prices for the Academic and Professional license have not increased from v4 and will remain at $59.95 and $199.00, respectively. The Professional Plus license price has increased to $2500.

like most who dont run off and horde sh!tter paper, I will wait a few days to allow all the impatient and panic buyers to horde all the bandwidth dragging out the download time

Its not going anywhere neither are the rest of us (unless you have the black lung and eat raw bats from a live market or if your a one of those types a 5G mobile tower nearby)

Im sure I can wait a few days to allow for the 3rd party developers to play catch up and update their installers before trying to play click frenzy with the rest of the world.

edit* one more smart @$$ remark 4pm EST thats 1530 15APR20, so theyre late ....

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    like most who dont run off and horde sh!tter paper, I will wait a few days to allow all the impatient and panic buyers to horde all the bandwidth dragging out the download time

Its not going anywhere neither are the rest of us (unless you have the black lung and eat raw bats from a live market)

Im sure I can wait a few days to allow for the 3rd party developers to play catch up and update their installers before trying to play click frenzy with the rest of the world.
    It's a best option for me also, I'll wait few days when several important for me addons will be updated to v5.

By the rules. Nice people at LM

My luck...not home right now, because of Codiv-19 for I donīt know how long, decided to buy a second copy of P3D not to die of boredom, 18 days ago. Yesterday read about V5. Emailed LM asking if it will be possible to replace v4.5 bought recently for v5. Not a refund just want to uninstall v4.5 and got v5. They said no, limit for refunds 14 days. They said "We truly appreciate you as a customer".They surely do. Been a customer since first version. Ok, nice, understanding, cooperative people over there. They play by strict rules. Thought about buying a second copy of v5, not anymore...
    Regards and be safe

FSUIPC v6 (for P3Dv5) released: http://www.fsuipc.com/ (upgrade fee is needed =10 Eu).

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    FSUIPC v6 (for P3Dv5) released: http://www.fsuipc.com/ (upgrade fee is needed =10 Eu, why? I havent idea why).
    The impression I get from reading what the fees are for, if you just use the bare bones version it is free like it has been for all their previous basic versions.

orbx have already updated central to support v5 since monday

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    The impression I get from reading what the fees are for, if you just use the bare bones version it is free like it has been for all their previous basic versions.
    I have full version of FSUIPC, just I'm surprised about fee again. This software is obligatory for me in full version but You have right, the demo is free (with limited functions).
    Btw. https://forum.simflight.com/topic/89...red-from-sale/ .
    Last edited by YoYo; April 14th, 2020 at 08:06.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

Its not going anywhere neither are the rest of us (unless you have the black lung and eat raw bats from a live market or if your a one of those types a 5G mobile tower nearby)

edit* one more smart @$$ remark 4pm EST thats 1530 15APR20, so theyre late ....
    Where's the Like/Love button? "horde sh!tter paper". Brilliant.

I like your repaints and I like your frankness, Jeansy.

I've been working with it since January. It's a 23.8G download and expands to 45G after first run.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Where's the Like/Love button? "horde sh!tter paper". Brilliant.
    Also known in Oz as 'Date Rolls'.

Members who have read this thread: 0