Naval Heritage TA-4J Skyhawk Early WW2 Camouflage 4-Pack.zip

Thread: Naval Heritage TA-4J Skyhawk Early WW2 Camouflage 4-Pack.zip

Naval Heritage TA-4J Skyhawk Early WW2 Camouflage 4-Pack.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - General

Description: This archive contains four Naval Heritage Series fictional paints for IndiaFoxtrotEcho Visual Simulations's McDonnell Douglas TA-4J Skyhawk of various aircraft in early World War 2 United States Navy blue gray and Atlantic gray white camouflage.

Repaints by Nagpaw, based on the paintkit by Dino Cattaneo.

Included in this pack are:

- BuAer 154266 of Torpedo Squadron 4 (VT-4) aboard the Ranger, circa late 1942, with subdued national insignia and rudder stripes.

- BuAer 154239 of Torpedo Squadron 7 (VT-7) aboard the Wasp, circa early 1942, with high-visibility national insignia and rudder stripes.

- BuAer 154284 of Torpedo Squadron 8 (VT-8) aboard the Hornet, representing Douglas TBD T-7 of VT-8 on June 4th, 1942.

- BuAer 154269 of Composite Squadron 9 (VC-9) aboard the Bogue, representing Grumman TBF T-6 on March 22nd, 1943.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Naval Heritage TA-4J Skyhawk Early WW2 Camouflage 4-Pack.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Naval Heritage TA-4J's

These look great!

Wonderful idea!

Thanks a lot.

My pleasure! I'm taking a break from the A-4 for now, but I'll be back sometime to complete the tri-color and final WW2 paints. Thanks again for the appreciation!
    America never stopped being great.

They look cool indeed. But does this thread really belong to the CFS2 section of the forum?

Icon5

I think maybe someone's suffering a touch of lockdown-itis....

A4 Skyhawk...WWII?!

and as you say listed in the FSX Military skins??....

Looking at it he may have done some TBD/TBF/TBM skins for a sim?

Cheers

Shessi

Cool Reply...

Shessi,

Jester and Viper from Top Gun finally had enough of that damn Ghostrider. (The callsign, not the combat sim enthusiast)
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    I think maybe someone's suffering a touch of lockdown-itis....

A4 Skyhawk...WWII?!

and as you say listed in the FSX Military skins??....

Looking at it he may have done some TBD/TBF/TBM skins for a sim?

Cheers

Shessi
    I'm not sure how the discussion thread ended up in the CFS2 forum. I'll check with Rami and see if that can be corrected.

These paints are fictional, a nod to U.S. Navy heritage (as the name suggests). Think of them as plausible paints that would have appeared on remaining Skyhawks during the 100th Anniversary of Naval Aviation celebration. Just having some fun for my first real repaints!
    America never stopped being great.

It looks really good in the Atlantic scheme. Hope to see one in glossy sea blue when you get back at them.

Members who have read this thread: 0