Upgrades for Manfred Jahn Boeing C-97 and B-50 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrades for Manfred Jahn Boeing C-97 and B-50

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Initially I installed, then uninstalled V5. Mainly because I was committed to finishing the B-50 and C-97 in a format that I understood very well. After thinking it through, I decided to take the plunge into V5.

It's only my opinion, but I think the current revision with hotfixes is a viable platform. The raw video captures I used for the new vid were created at extremely high settings and the machine ran well within tolerances with no VAS issues. In fact, the actual rendering/production of the video takes my CPU/GPU right to the red line...much, much more demanding than two hours in the sim running relatively cool and right in the sweet spot.

Personally, I'm extremely pleased with the sim as it sits now. Of course, there is a long way to go with atmospherics and other bits, and it won't compare to the new MS platform, but it is a very enjoyable platform. Additionally, the new ORBX True Earth sceneries are absolutely magnificent. As they release I will begin to dump my Mega Scenery Earth. I installed the new Northern California and it is absolute magic...very easy on the equipment too.

I'll be happy to share my setup tweaks. Tiny adjustments do make a big difference in V5.

BTW...I've mastered the new metallic skins with the blue channel "reflectance", as illustrated in the video. That third level of rendering takes the artistic rendering capabilities of the sim to multiples of what we could do before. It is absolutely magnificent...once you learn the alchemy. And...the night rendering of shiny skins is mind blowing.

BTW...I'm upgrading all of my models to V5, and negotiating some other tasty bits that might make ya'll very happy. I've recovered or rebuilt all of my "lost" aircraft models, so the rest is just doing the leg work. Now that I know the gig in V5 it should progress very quickly.

And, seeing as things are the way they are...there is time to do the work.
    That is wonderful that you're close to where you were before the debacle with your aircraft models. I'm very happy to hear that. I hate losing work, my heart went out to you.

This is absolutely GREAT.

I bought v5 a few weeks ago, and am excited to see all these beauties being updated to benefit from the v5 features.

Can not wait to take these monsters to the P3Dv5 sky
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 4