Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!
Page 1 of 18 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Found it at simmarket, downloading (1.4GB) now..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Found it at simmarket, downloading (1.4GB) now..
    Thx.

Pity only that I see this package is devided for two addons, hmmm.....

https://secure.simmarket.com/aeropla...a-p3d4.4.phtml
    https://secure.simmarket.com/aeropla...n-p3d4.4.phtml

40+36Eu= 76Eu ... ups .

I do not understand why this is not in the one, the differences between C-47 and DC-3 are not very big to do two packages I my opinion.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1/ Cant find, does it use rain effect on glass?

We are planning on incorporating the A2A rain effects, if we can get them looking right in P3D.
    2/ Will it be in PCAviator store also?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Btw. They added now Bundle version: https://secure.simmarket.com/aeropla...e-p3d4.4.phtml .

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Thx.

Pity only that I see this package is devided for two addons, hmmm.....

https://secure.simmarket.com/aeropla...a-p3d4.4.phtml
    https://secure.simmarket.com/aeropla...n-p3d4.4.phtml

40+36Eu= 76Eu ... ups .

I do not understand why this is not in the one, the differences between C-47 and DC-3 are not very big to do two packages I my opinion.

So here is the reason why you need to wait until we actually announce it.

The bundle which is 60 euros is being uploaded right now. It is huge. We are in australia where the internet is slow and the beer is cold ! We have no control over the timing of simmarket's system. The smaller packages were released before the larger package because the smaller packages are smaller uploads as compared to the larger package which is a larger upload. I actually cant believe I had to write that.

Of course you do not understand the reason for 2 packages. You have jumped the gun quite a bit. There are further plans.

I wouldnt tell baz that the differences between the 2 are not very big. I had to hear about the wright engines with a right door had to be different for the wright engined left door which was different to the pratt engines cargo door which was different to the pratt engines pax which was different again to the pax + cargo door versions. The C47 has a different cockpit to the Dc-3 and the pax... blah blah blah. Sorry Baz you know we love you

So to anyone else. Can you please wait until we actually announce it. Literally in about 20 minutes time.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    So to anyone else. Can you please wait until we actually announce it. Literally in about 20 minutes time.
    I do apologize for being eager to buy.
    Is it possible that the version I bought (C-47) is also not the final version?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

No you're good to go Jan, it's just that SimMarket are much faster than the others and put it out there before we had time to get the announcement out. Thankyou for buying, I hope you enjoy them. A paintkit will follow soon along with livery packs ( not that you need those yourself!)

A real shame that it is not for versions less than 4.4, but it will be a good product without a doubt

just noticed an error with the RAAF scheme, you have the roo roundel on the wings, the scheme in question had the round roundels. ADF Serials will confirm this for A65-98 addtionally the side roos are level were they need to be rotated upwards a few degrees

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    The bundle which is 60 euros is being uploaded right now.
    60 euros? I assume that's before tax as SimMarket has it up for 72.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    60 euros? I assume that's before tax as SimMarket has it up for 72.
    Yes, without VAT.

So...with one exception...I have been looking forward to this release more than any other. And every weekend, I hoped you would release it, and you didn't. When I woke up this morning (before I hoped online), I mused that at least the C-47/DC-3 hadn't been released, since SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) told me I needed to help her clean the house today. Then I got online. SH*&%!

Purchased and downloading....

Kent

****UPDATE: Downloaded and installed perfectly. WONDERFUL package, with one exception...the external light bloom is way overdone. After seeing pics others posted on here, I'm thinking the problem may lie in my graphics card driver or shaders, or something like that. But, my GOODNESS this thing feels good..has a perfect "heavy" feel to it.....Now off to clean the house!******
    Last edited by ColoKent; April 5th, 2020 at 08:49.

is the underside of the fuselage on this aircraft supposed to be green with grey stripes? Is it just me, or do others see this as well?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jk6201.jpg  

is the underside of the fuselage on this aircraft supposed to be green with grey stripes? Is it just me, or do others see this as well?
    Looks like no part of repaint layer on the tail underside of the fuselage.

From preview picture of this "7D" looks ok I suppose:

Bigger https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/img/...ry/liv_010.jpg .
    Last edited by YoYo; April 5th, 2020 at 12:26.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    So...with one exception...I have been looking forward to this release more than any other. And every weekend, I hoped you would release it, and you didn't. When I woke up this morning (before I hoped online), I mused that at least the C-47/DC-3 hadn't been released, since SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) told me I needed to help her clean the house today. Then I got online. SH*&%!

Purchased and downloading....

Kent
    Kent-

In my household, She's SWMBO when she's around, and the Trolly Dolly when she's not

I too am planning on flying the DC-3 today!

Stay safe and stay distant.

C

PS- Thanks Baz- this I have been waiting for!!

PPS- Alex Metzger has spoiled us with his brilliant FDE, can someone comment on this ones? Ta!

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Kent-

PPS- Alex Metzger has spoiled us with his brilliant FDE, can someone comment on this ones? Ta!
    Would like to hear more about that as well.

A few weeks ago the bundle would have been an automatic purchase but now I need to think more carefully about expenses. Leaning DC-3 but I'll stay tuned for reactions - grateful to all of you who're willing to report back.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

A couple of responses. Thanks Matt for the heads-up on the RAAF. We will get to a change which we will add when the liveries start rolling out.
    Jan, the undersides of the HoneybunIII C-47 are supposed to be like that. after "D" day, at a later period, the black/white striping began to be overpainted. Our references show this to have been done on HoneybunIII but not too well on the underside aft!

1/ Cant find, does it use rain effect on glass?

2/ Will it be in PCAviator store also?
    Yes, rain effects are there and it will be available at PC Aviator.

Great!

What a wonderful aircraft! Picked it up right after breakfast this AM and am on the 3rd long haul flight of the day.

It's finally night time on this current leg, so it was time to check out some of the night lighting combos. This might be one of my favorite night cockpit environments in sim aircraft. It looks great!

One observation:
    The switch for the Tail Light is a 3-way switch with "OFF" being the center position. When shutting down the cockpit, when you turn the Battery Switch OFF, it turns all the light switches to the down/OFF position. The issue is that when it does this it actually turns the Tail Light back on, putting it in the down/Dim position. The only way I've found to turn off the tail light and keep it off, is to leave the Battery Switch On.

Thanks so much for the effort put into this one. Well worth the wait.

FAC257

Thanks very much for your words, they are appreciated. The tail light is set up with dim/bright options. We probably should re-code it to be off by default. No doubt there will be an SP, we will add this to it.

Ok, I checked your observation, looks like its correct, see this:

https://www.bravobravoaviation.com/e...saaf-1945.html

But on You screenshot looks like underside of the fuselage (back part) no grey colour (I havent this model yet, Im waiting for PCAviator), just green what is wrong, I suppose (and if it was painted green perhaps this repaint is after invasion so no any invasion strips on wings if this skin is from period after invasion like on this scheme):

C-47A, 42-100533, 80 TCS/436 TCG/9 AF, Melun, France / Membury, Berkshire, UK, 1945, 'Honey Bun III':

So according me:
    1/ at invasion this 7D has all white/black strips
    2/ after invasion all strips was painted including underside of the fuselage but those was visible (partially black/green)

There were an awful lot of variations in paint on C-47s. We have gone with one for HoneybunIII that we liked from references. There is no "correct" theme, the liveries evolved over weeks and months. It is what it is. If people want something else, there will be a full paintkit made available when we release the livery packs for the DC-3.

Baz, that the stripes were overpainted, I can agree on, but that they would paint the entire underside of the fuselage green, bùt leave the stripes grey AND leave the underwing stripes intact I find hard to believe.
    The stripes were painted on the eve of D-Day, in July it was ordered that they be removed from the top and later that year from the underside as well. Many aircraft actually kept the stripes under the fuselage almost to the end of the war though, but not those under the wing as far as I am aware.

I had a look at the Snafu special as well:
    Here's the original:

and it's tail during the Battle of the Bulge:

and the restored version that's in France:

and the model:

why is that roundel not symmetrical? The right bar seems shorter than the left bar? I don't see the dark outline to the rudder? The D seems too large? I like that paratrooper though, nice detail!

and the model from the front, with some annotations:

I was hoping for the ultimate C-47, but texture-wise it's not there yet. I know, I'm nitpicking...

Also, all the shadows it throws on the elevators are completely black:

Look also at the pic above this one, the elevators are pitch black underneath. That is not something I have come across before? What could be causing this? Is that me, or do others see that as well?

So here's me hoping for an update, especially on those shadows, those I find really annoying.

Ok, I checked your observation, looks like its correct, see this:

https://www.bravobravoaviation.com/e...saaf-1945.html

But on You screenshot looks like underside of the fuselage (back part) no grey colour (I havent this model yet, Im waiting for PCAviator), just green what is wrong, I suppose (and if it was painted green perhaps this repaint is after invasion so no any invasion strips on wings if this skin is from period after invasion like on this scheme):

C-47A, 42-100533, 80 TCS/436 TCG/9 AF, Melun, France / Membury, Berkshire, UK, 1945, 'Honey Bun III':

So according me:
    1/ at invasion this 7D has all white/black strips
    2/ after invasion all strips was painted including underside of the fuselage but those was visible (partially black/green)
    with jankees and your posts, by all accounts, yes to the grey strips, however the faded black or dark green strips are missing IAW those images, however hes also pointed out that from the wings back to the invasion markings its green not grey and along with JKB's extensive post above, the engines cowls are also completely green

so I have to ask, if JKB is getting the paint scheme that hes pictured, it does not match the one in the AH images, there appears to be a number of distinct errors with that scheme

not being a stick in the mud, but 60 euros is 60 euros, these days its not chicken feed, one would like to ensure one is getting bang for buck in all departments

Members who have read this thread: 4