Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out! - Page 14
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Update to my review, covering the now working engine start and the additional C-47 floatplane variant.

And my original review of the DC-3 and C-47 bundle.

Good job fixing the engines AH. Now we can fly the thing properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chock View Post
    Update to my review, covering the now working engine start and the additional C-47 floatplane variant.

And my original review of the DC-3 and C-47 bundle.

Good job fixing the engines AH. Now we can fly the thing properly.
    Nice update and funny moments!
    Looks like finally whe have what we needed from the beginning and thx AH for float version - it was very kind gift for us!

btw. Why no song? ;- ).
    Last edited by YoYo; June 8th, 2020 at 01:24.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looks like finally whe have what we needed from the beginning

Agreed. Works perfect now.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Beautiful work as always, TeiscoDelRay! Thanks for painting these.

If I may be so bold, how about an Allegheny Airlines skin?

https://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com...st/i-Z5mgNj4/A

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post

This is the ANSW DC-3. The airline was a regional arm of Ansett-ANA mostly with the tailfin being the only difference. This is the Viewmaster version but the same scheme as a normal DC-3. Sorry I was unable to post it to the reply to your PM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails answ.dc3.vhanr.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Just downloaded and going through Manual. Thought I saw somewhere, a while back, there was a 1940's PAA livery...but can't find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Using model in P3D v4.5.

Thanks,

Garry

There's a PAA livery coming in the livery packs.

Bazz, the update of 1.2 it was sent to PCAvaitor?
    Can I start the countdown?

Btw. I saw post about no rain effect now on windshields. Is it possible to turn it on from user? I liked it.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

PC Aviator was uploaded and notified along with everyone else. They are incredibly slow. I would suggest for the future, you change your vendor. The rain effects can be turned on by removing the // from the front of the gauge entries in the panel CFG. However, you MUST have the latest effects from A2A for this to work in V5. We understand that they have been updated.

Paintkit?

Got a question. Has AH already released their promised paintkit? I am not able to find it on their site. Even after the upgrade email, where they mentioned that it will be available.
    Regards
    Eberhard Haberkorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ebo View Post
    Got a question. Has AH already released their promised paintkit? I am not able to find it on their site. Even after the upgrade email, where they mentioned that it will be available.
    Not yet - I am waiting, too!!

What we actually said was that the paintkits would be made available when we launch our livery packs. The "Pro" kit will be shipped with the livery packs, the "Re-skinner's" kit will be available as a free download from our website. This is all assuming that LM doesn't change too much in another HotFix for V5. If they change anything to do with dynamic lighting, the paintkits will be obsolete and require re-mastering. Again. Developers are having a hard time with V5 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    What we actually said was that the paintkits would be made available when we launch our livery packs. The "Pro" kit will be shipped with the livery packs, the "Re-skinner's" kit will be available as a free download from our website. This is all assuming that LM doesn't change too much in another HotFix for V5. If they change anything to do with dynamic lighting, the paintkits will be obsolete and require re-mastering. Again. Developers are having a hard time with V5 so far.
    That is what I remember from the email too.

If I understand you correctly, even the "Re-skinner's" pack is dependent on the next hotfix from LM?

No worries, I will wait patiently and thanks for your answer.
    Regards
    Eberhard Haberkorn

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    That looks perfect!! Many thanks for taking the time to tackle that!
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    This is the ANSW DC-3. The airline was a regional arm of Ansett-ANA mostly with the tailfin being the only difference. This is the Viewmaster version but the same scheme as a normal DC-3. Sorry I was unable to post it to the reply to your PM.
    Thanks,,will give it a shot depending on work schedule.

Next

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    That looks perfect!! Many thanks for taking the time to tackle that!
    My pleasure,,thanks..I love painting this plane as the gang at AH has really captured it.....

PCAviator has V1.2 now.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    PCAviator has V1.2 now.

steve
    This morning I sent him mail with request. Nice to see that now they added this update very quickly! Thx for info!

Edit. Hmmm are You sure? I see still 1.1: https://www.pcaviator.com/store/prod...e=0&featured=Y and didnt recive any email about update.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    This morning I sent him mail with request. Nice to see that now they added this update very quickly! Thx for info!

Edit. Hmmm are You sure? I see still 1.1: https://www.pcaviator.com/store/prod...e=0&featured=Y and didnt recive any email about update.
    Yes, the downloaded file is 1.2 and no more blue polished metal in V5!

Ok, I download it. Thx.

Edit. Yes, Readme talks about 1.2v !

Now that the patch and paint kit are out, I am hoping that our local (SOH) talent update their C-47 skins for the AH DC-3. Finally having a variant without the sextant bubble and Rebecca whiskers has my juices flowing, and with the HUGE amount of repaints available for MJ's bird, the possibilities are (almost) endless.

I did fly her for a bit yesterday, and was pleased with the different take off characteristics modeled. She now "levitates like an Otis Elevator" instead of the prior wheel-barrowing- well done AH! Alex Metzger's FDE is brilliant, but I must say this one doesn't disappoint... very predictable and measured, and rolling her on to the asphalt was confidence inspiring after a couple of hesitant explorations. The view forward is now familiar and the texture downsizing doesn't seem to impact the visuals whatsoever (I'm on 4k).

In toto, she's matured into a very decent representation of a very beloved aeroplane, and how can one not applaud that- BZ AH!

C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Now that the patch and paint kit are out, I am hoping that our local (SOH) talent update their C-47 skins for the AH DC-3. Finally having a variant without the sextant bubble and Rebecca whiskers has my juices flowing, and with the HUGE amount of repaints available for MJ's bird, the possibilities are (almost) endless.

I did fly her for a bit yesterday, and was pleased with the different take off characteristics modeled. She now "levitates like an Otis Elevator" instead of the prior wheel-barrowing- well done AH! Alex Metzger's FDE is brilliant, but I must say this one doesn't disappoint... very predictable and measured, and rolling her on to the asphalt was confidence inspiring after a couple of hesitant explorations. The view forward is now familiar and the texture downsizing doesn't seem to impact the visuals whatsoever (I'm on 4k).

In toto, she's matured into a very decent representation of a very beloved aeroplane, and how can one not applaud that- BZ AH!

C
    That is interesting. Where did you find mentioned files? Nothing on the website and I did not receive a notification either. Mya accoutn still states 1.2 as the current version.
    Regards
    Eberhard Haberkorn

Actually, no, the paintkits are not out yet. We wait for LM and V5 stability/reliability/lighting.

Aaaaah, 'tis jubilation at the patch release making me silly- mea culpa.

C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Aaaaah, 'tis jubilation at the patch release making me silly- mea culpa.

C
    Don't worry that can happen. Just seeing the words "paintkit" and "released" in a sentence can one get eleated.
    Regards
    Eberhard Haberkorn

Members who have read this thread: 8