Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out! - Page 12
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Thanks,,,you are the lucky winner of a paint scheme of your choice...all prizes subject to weather, earthquakes, wives, time and (today) health...PM me if interested...paints are subject to time, complexity, moon fazes and whims.

Seriously I have asked this all over the net and your the only one that made it happen,,PM me and I will see what I can do if you want a certain scheme for this plane.

I was just glad to help out. Saw your post earlier in the day, but had to wait until I got to my personal computer to get back to you.

Forest

Question

Hiya,

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We now have the polished metal where we want it. Checked this in 4.5 and it's all OK there too.
    There some major changes in the V5 Upgrade including a new six - window and eight window option for the P&W DC-3s.
    More of that anon but here are some screens from V5 of the polished alloy.
    Maybe a needless question, do all the updates also apply to the C-47 version?

Thanks,

Marcel

Yes the C-47 gets the same update as the DC-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Thanks, Baz - I'd (mis)understood the other manual to be an updated one for 1.1. I'll discard it.

Thing is, though, that I only tried that procedure as a workaround. In nearly all attempts, I've been using the procedure from the official manual.

In the latest round of tests, I was able once again to get one good start on one engine. This time around, it seems that the difference was that the throttle was more advanced - 20 percent, according to the tooltip. Also, that was after a manual shutdown using the mixture levers, not the SHIFT+1 cold-and-dark switch.

But unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate it.

Happy to try anything you suggest but really at a loss here.

Again, the other day I ran through start routines on the Manfred Jahn C-47 and the PMDG DC-6 and had no problems with either. So whatever is going on here is particular to the AH C-47 and DC-3 on my system.
    You can add me to this list. I've followed all instructions closely, including the AH YouTube video. It will not start manually.

Cheers,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Newtie View Post
    You can add me to this list. I've followed all instructions closely, including the AH YouTube video. It will not start manually.
    On my system, it needed a revised xml file that Baz provided. He said it'd be in the next update. If you contacted their help desk at help@aeroplaneheaven.com, they might be able to set you up - worth a shot, anyway. Hope this helps.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I followed your thread Alan. I don't know how this got out the door like this; it's beyond me. Sign of the times I guess.

Anyway, I'll Control + E for now and wait. Everything else seems to be fine.

Thanks for the check in,
    Mark

It got out of the door in perfectly good condition thankyou. You have been helped a number of times by our help desk over quite basic things which were in the manual, if you had read it. It might be nicer of you were to use the same approach here as you do privately. Seems the two are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Newtie View Post
    I followed your thread Alan. I don't know how this got out the door like this; it's beyond me. Sign of the times I guess.
    Anyway, I'll Control + E for now and wait. Everything else seems to be fine.
    Thanks for the check in,
    Mark
    Uncalled for and unnecessary, choose your words wisely.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Uncalled for and unnecessary, choose your words wisely.
    My apologies.
    Won't happen again.

We now have the polished metal where we want it. Checked this in 4.5 and it's all OK there too.
    There some major changes in the V5 Upgrade including a new six - window and eight window option for the P&W DC-3s.
    More of that anon but here are some screens from V5 of the polished alloy.

Certainly nice if you like the chrome look...can’t wait for the V5 version to be released...

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Thanks,,,you are the lucky winner of a paint scheme of your choice...all prizes subject to weather, earthquakes, wives, time and (today) health...PM me if interested...paints are subject to time, complexity, moon fazes and whims.

Seriously I have asked this all over the net and your the only one that made it happen,,PM me and I will see what I can do if you want a certain scheme for this plane.

And I thank you so kindly for creating this beauty. Now I have something appropriate to make those runs back & forth from Florida down through the Caribbean. :-)

Folks, this creation of Paul's has just been posted to the library.
    "AH_Florida_Air_Cargo.zip" by Paul Grubich.

Forest

Sailing in a C-47

As part of our major V5 Upgrade, we are including a C-47C. This is the amphibious floatplane conversion of the C-47. Not exactly over successful, the aeroplane was a handful on anything but calm waters. Also performance suffered from the increased drag of the floats. Still, it's a blast to fly and we hope all existing and future owners will enjoy it. The Upgrade also includes a new six-window version of the DC-3 witha TAA Classic livery in polished metal. All materials and textures have been completely re-mastered in PBR to suit the new sim. In particular, to cope with issues created by V5 trying to render polished metal. As V4.5 ignores the blue channels, everything looks great in that sim too.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FloatE.jpg   FloatD.jpg   FloatC.jpg   FloatB.jpg   FloatA.jpg  

This is WOW!
    Thanks AH!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As part of our major V5 Upgrade, we are including a C-47C. This is the amphibious floatplane conversion of the C-47. Not exactly over successful, the aeroplane was a handful on anything but calm waters. Also performance suffered from the increased drag of the floats. Still, it's a blast to fly and we hope all existing and future owners will enjoy it. The Upgrade also includes a new six-window version of the DC-3 witha TAA Classic livery in polished metal. All materials and textures have been completely re-mastered in PBR to suit the new sim. In particular, to cope with issues created by V5 trying to render polished metal. As V4.5 ignores the blue channels, everything looks great in that sim too.

interesting, not to be petty the standard for the word "propeller" is painted vertical downwards so it can be read from fore to aft when working around the blades,

its not the best image however you can see the layout of the font, particular for that same serial

Thankyou Matt, we'll change it.

btw. and the transition between green and gray is in near a straight line :].

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

not always...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-47Amphib2.jpg   C-47amphib.jpg  

Ah ok (just see that here no this 26571 number and on front is 616 I suppose, you mix skins I think ).

btw. MAAM did the same skin for his XC-47 http://www.maam.org/flightsim/news/xc47_pr.htm .

Anyway thank You for this surprice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 42-5671_DouglasXC-47C.jpg  

Difficult starts? Something to try

As part of the development of the Upgrade, We have been thoroughly testing the DC-3 to see why the C-47 starts for people but (for some) not the DC-3. In going through electrical code, we changed a small section in the DC-3 that uses the "electrics always on" component from the sim code and we think it may make things easier.

For now, you can try a quick and dirty change and see if it works for you. Navigate to the Aircraft CFG in your AH_Douglas_DC3 folder in the sim and then scroll down to the electrics. There will be an entry called ELECTRICS ALWAYS ON = 1 Change that to a 0. Go and try a manual start.

It is not the full story but itmay get you starting until the Upgrade is out.

As part of our major V5 Upgrade, we are including a C-47C.
    Thank´s for that,for me this is the Plane i miss most since P3D v4,now i will enjoy the C47......

Good move Bazz with electricity, I wrote about it few pages ago - after full start from C&D state I have always had to run Ctrl+E to force to act the electrical power for avionics.

I'd be interested to know if anybody is now starting the DC-3 manually, where they were not before.

I'd be interested to know if anybody is now starting the DC-3 manually, where they were not before.
    I've been starting the DC-3 100 percent reliably since you provide the custom fix (modified xml) via support - not sure if this is a helpful report since I gather it's not the same thing as the ELECTRICS ALWAYS ON=1 tweak you're suggesting here. Just noting my results for the record.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

This is the only electrical section I have in that config file and it doesn't have the things your post lists, nor does it have the same section title as you name either:

[electrical]
    max_battery_voltage = 24
    generator_alternator_voltage = 28
    max_generator_alternator_amps = 300

engine_generator_map = 1,1
    electric_always_available = 0

That's the one. looks like you have the 0 in there anyway but which aircraft is that from though? It is the DC-3 we are interested in. The C-47 does not seem to give people any grief.

Members who have read this thread: 8