Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out! - Page 17
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

The repaint kits carry the necessary instruction. We have in fact, a Delta livery set to go in the next free livery upload. For detailed discussion, if and when necessary, please always contact the help desk. You did indeed contact us but not before posting here, giving us no notice or time to respond appropriately.

We will no longer be discussing technical matters on our products in this forum. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The repaint kits carry the necessary instruction.
    Yes and I gave it as a quote, but it does not correspond to reality because it applies only to and exclusively radiator flap, not the texture of whole cover of (right) engine.
    I care about time because I am doing this repaint now in free time, I know that you are here and I do not always get feedback on the e-mail, that's why I added a question here. Ok, so Im waiting patiently for reply on @ about this, thx.

Last edited by YoYo; December 14th, 2020 at 14:54.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Those rivets look GREAT!

C

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Yes and I gave it as a quote, but it does not correspond to reality because it applies only to and exclusively radiator flap, not the texture of whole cover of (right) engine.
    I care about time because I am doing this repaint now in free time, I know that you are here and I do not always get feedback on the e-mail, that's why I added a question here. Ok, so Im waiting patiently for reply on @ about this, thx.
    "We will no longer be discussing technical matters on our products in this forum"
    Satisfied now YoYo?

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    "We will no longer be discussing technical matters on our products in this forum"
    Satisfied now YoYo?

Somehow....I doubt it.

K

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Satisfied now YoYo?

Of which? As I wrote, there are unfortunately gaps in the responses to various e-mails. Honestly, out of 9 sent by me more than one week before, I got a response to 1, so I took the opportunity to ask the new question here too. From the customer's point of view, we care about the best quality of the product and writing about bugs is a norm and a necessity. From the authors' point of view, it is to verify and confirm it or to deny it after analysis and thank you for help in case of finding an issue (without taking offense because it is help). Maybe AH will want to have his own forum on the tech support site, that's always good and easy to control. Technical discussion here does not imply no discussion whatsoever, so be calm.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    YoYo, I have bitten my tongue long enough on this thread. Your attitude is amazing and is bordering on developer bashing. You seem to expect a reply to your support questions within 60 seconds of sending it. Aeroplane Heaven is a small 2-3 man business in Australia. They have just relocated from Brisbane in Queensland to a point further north.

As well as doing updated for the C-47/DC-3 they have several projects on the boil. All this and trying to get their heads around the MSFS 2020 SDK. So I suggest you practice a little patience and let things roll along. I remember I mentioned the DC3 Viewmaster and heard nothing more. I was pleasantly surprised when it appeared in the 1.3 update. Now unlike some I am patiently waiting for the release of some of their freeware repaints.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

You know, since we moved to a location just a stone's throw from the ocean a few weeks ago, I've found my perspective on life has changed completely...

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    You seem to expect a reply to your support questions within 60 seconds of sending it.
    Please don't put words in my mouth that I never said. I know very well that AH is not A2A and PMDG, they have their own path. Im his customer from FS2004 time but by the way, I really like the airplanes choices AH makes but paying attention to problems is absolutely not what you write about: "Your attitude is amazing and is bordering on developer bashing". Sorry, I'm not a Ctrl + E guy.

You know, since we moved to a location just a stone's throw from the ocean a few weeks ago, I've found my perspective on life has changed completely...

I am not surprised, I would like that too .

YoYo...with all due respect (and I mean that sincerely) you often come off in your AH posts as a tirelessly demanding rivet-counter who appears to be dissatisfied with every response you get from Baz or anyone else. Friendly advice: Chill out...it’s a hobby. Some introspection would help you put it in perspective. Go have a cuppa or a beer and chill...the world ain’t perfect, nor will it ever be...

Kent

That perspective is just the sea air rusting the old 1060 gtx card and the sound of sand grinding away in the cpu cooler. Stop taking the computer down to the beach to work on that thing you're working on.

Aeroplaneheaven putting shrimps on the barbies since 2000.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shrimp-on-the-barbie.jpg  
    Last edited by pilto von pilto; December 15th, 2020 at 13:17. Reason: I felt a picture describing what putting a shrimp on a barbie in australia is really like

PvP, that is cruel and unnatural behaviour which should qualify as assault and possibly attempted murder! You do know Barbie has a serious seafood allergy, don't you?

With the size of the shrimps up here, we're going to need a bigger Barbie...

'Shrimps? Shrimps????'
    Bloody 'Prawns'.
    You've been watching that Paul Hogan promo again......
    Hope you've been far enough up North to avoid the latest storm(s) and King Tides.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Yep, we're slightly North of Hervey Bay. A bit of rain but thankfully no storms. Fraser's fires are out and that's a BIG relief. Lost a LOT of forest though.

Hope everyone has eaten already! That's good! ; )

Ok, skin of Delta Air Lines is near ready. A lot of changes here, I did my own bare metal effect, did cleaner version with less but different weathering, some changes in bump mapping ect. I think its ok. Id like to do some of changes in interior, so it will be finished after this weekend but I'll wait with realease on SoH to the patch 1.3 for DC-3 package, Id like to check that's everything is o'right with this skin on new version of the model but if you don't want to wait, write me a PM and I'll send you a link with the repaint (but after the weekend).

Btw. The real NC28341 is a little different version, so you can notice differences in covers of engine, exhaust, 7, not 8 windows, smaller passenger door and a few small, less important things but it corresponds to a large extent to the original one. I even noticed that these belts on the nacelles of the engines covers are not straight, but they narrow slightly at first and then widen so and that's have been done. Regards!

Looks Fantastic! I will be in line to try her out. Is there a new version 1.3? I've got 1.3 installed now.

Thanks for your work on her!

Looks great, YoYo! Thanks!

BTW, have you ever uploaded your cockpit textures for the Boeing Clipper?

cheers
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by wacopolumbo View Post
    Looks Fantastic! I will be in line to try her out. Is there a new version 1.3? I've got 1.3 installed now.

Thanks for your work on her!
    I think you have 1.2, this new version incoming (maybe this month).

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    Looks great, YoYo! Thanks!
    BTW, have you ever uploaded your cockpit textures for the Boeing Clipper?
    Not yet, see this statement: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/590785-an-apology/ .

So another status of progress. This time, slight changes and a few fixes in the cockpit. As a picture is worth 1000 words, it's just screenshots ; ).

btw. great idea with these dishes and small cups and all 3D!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I think you have 1.2, this new version incoming (maybe this month).

Not yet, see this statement: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/590785-an-apology/ .
    I have version 1.3. But then I purchased direct from Aeroplane Heaven and got my update last week hen the mention of the Viewmaster model.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I have version 1.3. But then I purchased direct from Aeroplane Heaven and got my update last week hen the mention of the Viewmaster model.
    Really? Hmmm, I didnt see info about that this patch was out or changelog. Thanks your info I checked my store where I bought it, I see that in PCAviator is CURRENT VERSION 1.3 also now!
    So all fixes are here? Thx, I'll download it soon.

Short review.

Ok, I downloaded 1.3v and checked. Many small things was improved what is good + new repaints and new model. Nice.

For me still two things wasn’t solved, still the geometry of the wheel supports is bad, the connections are good now (thx, I can see that it was being worked on), but the plane on the ground went down again unnaturally like it was at the beginning. I think it's better to do it once and for all. Screenshot was taken with an empty plane (so it's not the weight).

The second thing is the unfortunate right engine cover which sees the left texture for the engine and not the right one which one is present in the set (so my DELTA textures has a problem on this engine, text is reversed). If these two things were resolved it would be great. I always offer my help in beta testing of this.

New features (but its strange or I miss something)?

- Panel lighting (from pedestal) always is ON from the beginning and I can’t turn it OFF. Which is not good for night flights or also during the day the whole cockpit is too bright now, earlier it could be turned ON and OFF on the lamp on the pedestal with all levers. Is it possible to turn off this lighting somewhere, maybe I miss something like new "click spot: for turning it off?

- No this fine animations on levers of prop, throttles and mixture (shaking) as it was before? I liked it a lot.

Did you notice it too?
    Last edited by YoYo; December 19th, 2020 at 02:50.

I do not have P3D, but I must say one thing about the screen shots...

WOW!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I do not have P3D, but I must say one thing about the screen shots...

WOW!

I was an FSX user for years and had so much invested in it but I finally had it with the OOM problems and took the plunge into P3D this year. No looking back now!

Members who have read this thread: 8