Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out! - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    is a free version for MFS2020 or P3dv5 inkl. or have to buy Again?
    It's to early to talk about FS2020 I think and according me we will not to have free update for this sim if model was used in FSX or P3D (but discount I hope will be possible).
    About P3Dv5 we must wait for AH statement. Here I think its possible to recive free update. What we see till now most devs promises free update (and his addons dedicated for P3Dv4.4+ work in v5).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    And? anyone?
    1/ Yes, it could be:

2/ I didnt check but I have Accu Feel for P3Dv4. If the window works as a next "door" (For example Shift+E+4) AF of A2A will add sound of the wind and external sounds will be louder (btw. I checked it - no any sound in flight if You open window).
    Last edited by YoYo; April 10th, 2020 at 13:54.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks,,,looking better all the time..

For me model is promissing, maybe needs tweaks and improvments but many things are very nice. I very like how Throttle quadrants looks here and Im sure, this is the best AH cockpit till now. Shaking its a nice option also.
    A little more time Today, I sent to AH some of my observation.

Ugh... I have a bigger problem to start it from C&D situation - if I touch magnetos (BOTH) I will start to orbit and I shoot like a rocket into space. I saw on Avsim thats not only me.
    SP is needed ;D. Gear handle is down, blockade on latched position, parking brake on.

Do not use the cold/dark switch. We are aware of it and it is being addressed in the SP. So is the gear auto-latch.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Do not use the cold/dark switch. We are aware of it and it is being addressed in the SP. So is the gear auto-latch.
    Thx Bazz, I deeper test it and it's clue + trolley GPU.
    If the trolley will be disconnected too late I recived orbit again . It must be disconnected before second engine will be started and the door must be obligatory closed (if no - battery switch works as GPU only still even GPU doesn't work, so the next clue it's to close "hamburger" door). BUT even battery swich will be ON something doesnt work with power of avionics (for example radio doesnt work still, ATC is grey still despite the fact that see voltage more than 0 on top right gauge. I must use Ctrl+E this time to run avionics, or maybe I miss something? C&D done manually before, so all switches are OFF position).

If I can advice - please that repainter do all non mettalic and normal map textures as DXT1 without alpha.
    I dont know why in model we have external textures saved as DXT5 for PBR model. It does nothing, there is no any benefit to have DXT5 as I know for PBR models and only it takes more place.
    For PBR only DXT1 outer textures (albedo). As DXT5 could be textures like metallic and normalmap (both with alpha).
    In this case benefit is:

- more free place for You and user (texture has 8Mb, not 16Mb)
    - FPS friendly (for worse GPU also), more free VRAM.
    - there is no loss of quality
    - better looking lines and not shimmering on DXT1 textures on PBR model (like with DXT5)

Its not my idea only, PMDG, A2A artists uses DXT1 also for PBR models.
    Here I did conversion AA skin to DXT1, looks better according me and its smooth:

(so for example from this skin: DXT1 without alpha - FuseA, DXT5 with alpha - FuseA_m, the same in Aeroplaneheaven Douglas DC-3\SimObjects\Airplanes\AH_Douglas_DC3\texture forlder also for shared files.
    Last edited by YoYo; April 11th, 2020 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by degeus View Post
    Why is that funny extension underneath the fuselage? It is ugly, like the scrotum of a sheep. Never saw it on any picture, nor originals, not of actual still flying C-47's.
    Please make a hotfix to remove it.
    Piet de Geus
    Netherlands

ADF antenna.

From manual: "Warning horn: Horn sounds when the throttles are closed and the gear is retracted."
    Its ok but it doesnt work for me. Anyone noticed this sound here? Some of VC sound are missing too (levers of gear, flaps, latched lever).

btw. yes, something is wrong with power of avionics if I see voltage (switch of battery ON after disconnecting GPU and hamburger door will be closed ): ATC Menu of P3D doesn't work (its greyed) and this 2D pop up (Shift+3) with GPS doesnt work, only if I hit Ctrl+E they start to work. If GPU is connected and ON they works.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Thx Bazz, I deeper test it and it's clue + trolley GPU.
    If the trolley will be disconnected too late I recived orbit again . It must be disconnected before second engine will be started and the door must be obligatory closed (if no - battery switch works as GPU only still even GPU doesn't work, so the next clue it's to close "hamburger" door). BUT even battery swich will be ON something doesnt work with power of avionics (for example radio doesnt work still, ATC is grey still despite the fact that see voltage more than 0 on top right gauge. I must use Ctrl+E this time to run avionics, or maybe I miss something? C&D done manually before, so all switches are OFF position).

If I can advice - please that repainter do all non mettalic and normal map textures as DXT1 without alpha.
    I dont know why in model we have external textures saved as DXT5 for PBR model. It does nothing, there is no any benefit to have DXT5 as I know for PBR models and only it takes more place.
    For PBR only DXT1 outer textures (albedo). As DXT5 could be textures like metallic and normalmap (both with alpha).
    In this case benefit is:

- more free place for You and user (texture has 8Mb, not 16Mb)
    - FPS friendly (for worse GPU also), more free VRAM.
    - there is no loss of quality
    - better looking lines and not shimmering on DXT1 textures on PBR model (like with DXT5)

Its not my idea only, PMDG, A2A artists uses DXT1 also for PBR models.
    Here I did conversion AA skin to DXT1, looks better according me and its smooth:

(so for example from this skin: DXT1 without alpha - FuseA, DXT5 with alpha - FuseA_m, the same in Aeroplaneheaven Douglas DC-3\SimObjects\Airplanes\AH_Douglas_DC3\texture forlder also for shared files.
    too be honest it makes no difference, when you highlighted a few months back on another thread (from memory another AH model) I had a look and tried it with another another person who was having the same problems as you. On that release I had a look at the textures and I personnaly could not see anything like you where posting in either format.

I also tried dxt1 and dxt5 on several pbr carenado releases with a person who was having the same problems as you did plus converting the previously highlighted AH textures to dxt1, it made no difference to him. It turned out to be the card settings on his PC not the texture format. Additionally working on several carenado PBR paints where i had a few people see if the format made a difference and not one person noticed any change. This was again tested on the feelthere E170 and no difference was notice.

I personally think its a graphics setting on your system, as DXT1 or DXt3/5 makes no visual difference for me or the people who have downloaded the PBR paints ive done or any other PBR textures Ive looked at, including the 3rd party textures for PMDG or what ever

While I dont have the dak, I cant confirm whether the above is 100% or it maybe how the AH textures are formatted, however based on experimentation in the past with some others it normally points to graphics setting with the user and using 3rd party tweakers or configuration tools

Matt. Thx for reply - to be clear, I havent any problem with DXT5 in P3Dv4.5 - DXT1 or 5 looks near the same. What you wrote it was a bug before in whole simulator.

LM did also update in 4.5v how to PBR textures are showed (confirmed problem was in 4.4v). The reason of DXT1 is only space and less VRAM of GPU, a little less sharpen details. Alpha on external texture do nothing here, only on mettalic or on normal map texture.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Matt. Thx for reply - to be clear, I havent any problem with DXT5 in P3Dv4.5 - DXT1 or 5 looks near the same. What you wrote it was a bug before in whole simulator.

LM did also update in 4.5v how to PBR textures are showed (confirmed problem was in 4.4v). The reason of DXT1 is only space and less VRAM of GPU, a little less sharpen details. Alpha on external texture do nothing here, only on mettalic or on normal map texture.
    Yes, but you can achieve the same space and sharpening in the formatting process depending on the software used, again it depends on the user, shader programs also play a part on how light and sharpening can display textures. The possibility of a common theme is endless. Every PC is different and every user has different tweaks, graphics settings and shaders

since v4.5 I cant see any difference in dxt 1 or 5 formats, the only thing i can see is how the texture is formatted and if they are using dated software that distorts the image and i may be only talking a pixel or 2 width or extremes with a dated version of dxtbmp that distorts the whole image if its greater than 1024x1024

Funny extension underneath the fuselage

Hello,
    No, it is no antenna, looks more like a garbagebag, at least I want to get rid of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails funny extension.jpg  

If you were to do your research you would find that this is the radome. Lead ships on mass formations were fitted with a rudimentary radar to guide them and therefore the fleet, to the target. It was housed in the elongated dome which was made from a sort of plastic material. The restorers of That's all Brother went to the trouble of tracking down an example of the dome, repaired it and fitted to the aeroplane to complete the restoration.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thats_All-Brother_film_still.png  

BTW Bazz- thanks! Not sure that's getting transmitted... We have waited a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time for a proper DC-3 and I'm sure this one will be all sorted in quick order.

HAPPY EASTER MATE!

C

Quote Originally Posted by degeus View Post
    Hello,
    No, it is no antenna, looks more like a garbagebag, at least I want to get rid of it.
    Its a leader radar, mounted for precise guidance in unknown terrain (so like D-Day):

With no GPS, That’s All, Brother relied on state-of-the-art 1940’s technology to ensure that the paratroopers would be dropped in exactly the right spot. One navigation aid was the "Mickey" or H2X radar, originally developed for bombing, a ground mapping radar that showed the countryside below even in pitch darkness and through clouds.

How are the frame rates,,,compare.

I've put a little over 30 flight hours on her already on my 10 year old system, and she seems really easy on the FPS.

Forest

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    How are the frame rates,,,compare.
    For me they are OK too. Maybe they arent like default plane like Maule . Manfred's C-47 is lighter too (generates more FPS) but its normal using less internal and external textures. AH model uses many 4K textures so FPS will be worse here.
    I mostly fly in VR, so using MotionReprojection have stable 45 fps (blocked), without VR model generates between 60-90 FPS from VC and more outside what is nice result. Maybe not smooth like default planes or Manfred's model but on acceptable level of course. I didnt notice any kind of problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by FAC257 View Post
    I've put a little over 30 flight hours ...
    CRG! I only 3-4 because I'm still flying on A2A Piper Cub over ORBX Africa but when I finish this long trip I'll take care more DC-3/C-47.

I have experienced some issues with the BEA livery. Starboard wing, flaps and aileron appears quite different from port side. And it looks like flaps and aileron are about to loosen (so far only seen on the BEA livery).

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by FAC257 View Post
    I've put a little over 30 flight hours on her already on my 10 year old system, and she seems really easy on the FPS.

Forest
    That VARIG metal looks stunning! The drool factor is off the chart.

Best- C

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    G'day Bazz, yes I weakened and purchased with my donation from #AlohaScottyFromMarketing and I am very impressed. I haven't jumped into it for a flight yet as I have been spending time to ****. Thank you for another great effort. Well worth the wait.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Yes this is nice skin of DC-3 from Brazil.

Funny extension underneath the fuselage (Radardrome)

Hi,
    I already thought it would be something like that. And I can think of having it underneath a leadplane like That's all Brother, but why do SNAFU and HoneyBun3 that have also? How can I remove that from the other ones and I also hope that upcoming add-on paint will not have it either.
    Piet

Members who have read this thread: 8