Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out! - Page 3
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

The first touch - nice job and I like it. After SP will be nice model, Im sure!
    btw. VC has very good scale (this is done very well for VR user, not all models has good scale for VR).

Yep - about skins here is a little mess, I will send it via email, perhaps missing leyers.
    What can I advice also - for PBR models external textures (only external) must be saved as DX1 (for example A2A did that for his models and not A2A only "for PBR repaints you should save your repaint as DXT1 DDS (RGB, 4bpp, without alpha channel)"), not as DXT5.

May I be wrong but doesn't the propeller is too small?

Anyway, I like it!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I too am more than interested in buying this aircraft but at the moment my health is taking precedence.

EDIT: Bad news ....... I weakened. Good news ......... I donated to the AH Benevolent fund and purchased both packs.
    Last edited by AussieMan; April 7th, 2020 at 20:09.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Congrats, Pat...I think you're going to LOVE it. I'm having a ball with it. (and I bought the combined C-47/DC-3 pack too). Do you realize that in 1990, when I spent some time at DAC in Long Beach helping to get the MD-11 certified, that there was still a lady (old by then) working there who had worked on DC-3 development? She was 80+ at the time!

Kent

Aeroplane heaven DC-3 Landing gear procedure

I could use some advice on the landing gear operation...

I have no problems lowering or raising the landing gear, but I cannot find out how to set the gear lever in neutral.

According to the manual, after having raised the landing gear, the landing gear lever should by lowered to the mid posistion and the latch should automatically snap from unlatched (Full up) to latched (Mid) position, but I cannot get it to work.

Right click for neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Right click for neutral.
    Thanks...

With "rightclick" You mean rightclick the gear lever so it moves to the right ?
    In that case shouldn't the Latch lever not "snap" from "unlatched" (full up) to "latched" (spring-locked mid) position ?

The description in the manual is not very clear for me.

Love it but a but $ for me now...

Still love this old gal,,,great work AH

i wonder if this will be V5 compatible? I was waiting for JustFlight to carry it but now I may wait for word v5 compatibility before I do?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    i wonder if this will be V5 compatible? I was waiting for JustFlight to carry it but now I may wait for word v5 compatibility before I do?
    I hope too! Maybe patched version will be for v5 also at once .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

We are currently working on a Service Pack. Thanks to all for constructive comments and suggestions.

"please, for the love of got get rid of the hideous exhaust on the C47 and the strange cover blocking the top cylinders on the DC3"

I can answer this.

The exhausts on the C-47 have flame dampers fitted. These are British type as found on a lot of British bombers. They were fitted to C-47s for dusk and night operations (for obvious reasons) and ships like "That's all Brother" carried them. If you doubt that, just find shots of her on D-Day or I believe there is a video of a film shot prior to D-Day which clearly shows them fitted.

The strange cover over the top cylinders of the DC-3, as everybody should know, were fitted to Wright-engined versions to modulate airflow. Again find shots of American Airlines and other US spec DC-3s with Wright engines and you will see. The Wrights also had no cowl flaps.

We will anounce the SP when it is ready.

I have a CH Throttle quadrant, whereas the throttle and pitch levers work OK I cannot get the mixture to work from the throttle. I have checked the settings and it is mapped OK and works on my other twins. I know OI have to release the lock but does that mean I cannot then use my levers on the CH quadrant.

We are currently working on a Service Pack. Thanks to all for constructive comments and suggestions.
    Thx Bazz, dont rush, we have more time now and we can wait for info about P3Dv5 also and support of this platform too.

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    I have a CH Throttle quadrant, whereas the throttle and pitch levers work OK I cannot get the mixture to work from the throttle. I have checked the settings and it is mapped OK and works on my other twins. I know OI have to release the lock but does that mean I cannot then use my levers on the CH quadrant.
    You must click on the hot spot and drag whole mixture lever - but I agree ... Bazz, is it possible to do as normal axis for Throttle control, physical?

For example it could work like this:

- hot spot (brake lever for mixture lever) it could be work as 1 - click = unblocked brake lever (and it stays in this position till the next click - mixture lever is unblocked, you can move by throttle quadrant by user)
    - now you can move physical lever (not in the sim only as it was modelled) to desire position, gradually also (its possible).
    - next click on hot spot - blocked (with blocked you can't use physical lever of user)

Simply and real also. Just idea .

Btw. Beauty done video:

Got an SP-related question for you - I love the crew door complete with ladder animation. But should having it open, with the ladder extended, really be a critical dependency for engine start?

I'm worried that if some virtual crewmember is on the ladder when the number one engine starts up, he or she is going to find out the hard way why it's called the "hamburger door."

Details in this Plane Savers episode below - explanation starts at 1:40 and the detailed explanation is at 3:30.

Side note - still reading up and checking out videos (and budgets) and hope to be on board with you guys soon.

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Thx Bazz, dont rush, we have more time now and we can wait for info about P3Dv5 also and support of this platform too.

You must click on the hot spot and drag whole mixture lever - but I agree ... Bazz, is it possible to do as normal axis for Throttle control, physical?

For example it could work like this:

- hot spot (brake lever for mixture lever) it could be work as 1 - click = unblocked brake lever (and it stays in this position till the next click - mixture lever is unblocked, you can move by throttle quadrant by user)
    - now you can move physical lever (not in the sim only as it was modelled) to desire position, gradually also (its possible).
    - next click on hot spot - blocked (with blocked you can't use physical lever of user)

Simply and real also. Just idea .

Thanks for suggesting that.

Alan-A, Opening the front door is not critical to engine start but the GPU is. So, in the SP we are changing the routine so that the GPU is independently toggled from the cockpit. Yo-Yo, we will look at your suggestion but there are other steps in the coding that may (or not) be compromised by changing it.

Is there a ladder at that door? and also at the rear door? Does the open pilots window increase engine sound?

Alan-A, Opening the front door is not critical to engine start but the GPU is. So, in the SP we are changing the routine so that the GPU is independently toggled from the cockpit.
    Ah, OK, thanks - I'd understood from the engine start video that opening the crew door and extending the ladder was the GPU toggle. So I assumed the ladder was needed because the GPU is needed. Cockpit GPU switch sounds good (and much safer!)

Looking at the video more closely, I guess that starting 2, then 1 (and removing the ladder before starting 1) is a way to keep the crew un-hamburgered...

Any chance of a battery start option for those of us that like to fly deep in the bush where GPUs don't live?

-- Saint-Exupery

Actually, there is nothing stopping you from starting on batteries. We start the left on internal batteries anyway. Having closed the crew door (no hamburgers) We elected to put in GPU start for an extra fun value. The SP will have quite a few improvements and additions. However, if people want ctrl/E then they'll need to wait until we launch ctrl/Ezy. Then they can go flying in about 5 seconds flat...

Thanks, that’s all good news. Am definitely not a CTRL-E person when it comes to big radials, though I’m sure there’ll be others who will appreciate that. Just glad to know I won’t get stuck up-river if res no cart to be had. Sales resistance crumbling...

-- Saint-Exupery

Actually, there is nothing stopping you from starting on batteries. We start the left on internal batteries anyway. Having closed the crew door (no hamburgers) We elected to put in GPU start for an extra fun value. The SP will have quite a few improvements and additions. However, if people want ctrl/E then they'll need to wait until we launch ctrl/Ezy. Then they can go flying in about 5 seconds flat...
    is a free version for MFS2020 or P3dv5 inkl. or have to buy Again?

The crew door just aft of the cockpit is generally not used due to needing a tall ladder to gain access to the door. Crews, even on cargo DC-3/C-47's, enter through the aft cargo door whenever possible.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Funny extension underneath the fuselage

Why is that funny extension underneath the fuselage? It is ugly, like the scrotum of a sheep. Never saw it on any picture, nor originals, not of actual still flying C-47's.
    Please make a hotfix to remove it.
    Piet de Geus
    Netherlands

Piet,

I sincerely hope you were kidding! A hotfix to remove the ADF antenna seems a touch ridiculous!

Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ADF.jpg  
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Is there a ladder at that door? and also at the rear door? Does the open pilots window increase engine sound?
    And? anyone?

Members who have read this thread: 8