Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out! - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Quote Originally Posted by jankees
    So here's me hoping for an update, especially on those shadows, those I find really annoying.
    Do You use non default shaders for P3Dv4?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Do You use non default shaders for P3Dv4?
    nope, and it is just this aircraft, and only on the horizontal tail
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

About american skins WWII of Skytrain (engines cover), something was happened in process:

Orginal:

WiP (ok still):

Finall:

Painter miss something ; ) .

Please to check main gear also (the bracket is too long than real one, result the plane has strange deflection) and shock absorption:

in the air is near straight https://media.istockphoto.com/photos...re-id535299901
    in model not: https://secure.simmarket.com/images/...230727_011.jpg
    Last edited by YoYo; April 6th, 2020 at 05:50.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Did any one count the rivets around the crew door? They seem to be off.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Did any one count the rivets around the crew door? They seem to be off.

LOL
    You might find they're right on the other model - the one that doesn't cost EUR 60 ($65 US) for the package.

I'm sure the Aeroplane Heaven guys will get things squared away but the price and the available alternative set a pretty high bar.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Alan,it´s cost 72€,to much for me now,i am retired.

Bazz...any approximate timing on the livery pack and paint kit? I’m still researching how to tone down the lights (navigation, top of the fuselage and tail) so they do not look like “glowing basketballs”. Loving the airplane other than that!

Kent

@banjoman1960 - Right, I wasn't factoring in VAT.

I'm involuntarily retired - well, not totally, but thanks to COVID, my clients aren't exactly eager to spend. So I need to think carefully about expenses - even without VAT (in my case), this one needs some thought.

I have no question it's quite good but I can't be impulsive.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Hi all
    Can anyone tell me if there is a support forum for the DC3?

I have 2 questions
    1/ Can you hide the yoke? I cant find out how.
    2/ As a New Zealander, I am keen to using the NZ war-birds repaint included. Hoowever the wings and underneath are almost black rather, on my system rather than the silver as shown in the screen shots and in real life.

Thanks in advance if you can help.
    Best wishes
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rlaycock View Post
    Hi all
    Can anyone tell me if there is a support forum for the DC3?

I have 2 questions
    1/ Can you hide the yoke? I cant find out how.
    2/ As a New Zealander, I am keen to using the NZ war-birds repaint included. Hoowever the wings and underneath are almost black rather, on my system rather than the silver as shown in the screen shots and in real life.

Thanks in advance if you can help.
    Best wishes
    Bob

To hide the yoke, click anywhere on the center pedestal cover.

Forest

The reason why you may see white lights top and bottom of the fuse is because you may have left all the recognition lights on. The red, green and blue lights when on together make white (that's science for you). The three switches are on the right eyebrow panel, as per the manual.

We have raised this before but again, if people have issues please contact our help desk. That is what it is there for and we are then better equipped to deal with problems. As customers you also have two other options. 1) Apply for a refund if you feel strongly about it and are not getting satisfaction 2) I f you haven't yet bought and you don't like what you see, don't buy.

These things take many, many hours of hard work to produce. Our time is better spent if the proper channels are used. Especially in these difficult times when there are other priorities pressing.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The reason why you may see white lights top and bottom of the fuse is because you may have left all the recognition lights on. The red, green and blue lights when on together make white (that's science for you). The three switches are on the right eyebrow panel, as per the manual.

We have raised this before but again, if people have issues please contact our help desk. That is what it is there for and we are then better equipped to deal with problems. As customers you also have two other options. 1) Apply for a refund if you feel strongly about it and are not getting satisfaction 2) I f you haven't yet bought and you don't like what you see, don't buy.

These things take many, many hours of hard work to produce. Our time is better spent if the proper channels are used. Especially in these difficult times when there are other priorities pressing.
    I am for one interested in the product Baz, i dont dispute that. however Im just wondering if those highlighted points are going to be addressed in a SP? There has been no confirmation of a AH SP to fix those points, just a reference to a up coming livery pack and a paint kit. Does this mean we have to fix the textures ourselves? or will the revised textures will be in the livery pack and will this pack incur any additional costs?

Im just seeking more information to decide to purchase the product. In all fairness if youre going to promote your product here, Q & A for the product should be open to anyone. I'm not personally asking for product support. Just further clarification to decide on the best course of action.

As customers you also have two other options. 1) Apply for a refund if you feel strongly about it and are not getting satisfaction 2) I f you haven't yet bought and you don't like what you see, don't buy.
    Bazz I think all people here are interested and have been waiting for this model for a long, long time. Nothing new, even Bill Gates products need be patched .
    What can I advice - do more beta tests (or maybe beta Team is too small?), dont know this. More beta tests mean more completed model which is very important at this level price I think (higher than A2A Connie and near PMDG DC-6). So expectations are also high.
    Now I don't know if this Your post means ("make a return or accept what you have") the end of support for DC-3/C-47 and no next SP for few layers of repaints, strange shadows on model (probably missing PBR textures/alpha also) and issue with 3D model of main gear.
    I personally think that such comments and comments from users from opened Forum help and exchange experiences to finally have a better model, more faithful to the original if beta team didn't notice it before, no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I am for one interested in the product Baz, i dont dispute that. however Im just wondering if those highlighted points are going to be addressed in a SP? There has been no confirmation of a AH SP to fix those points, just a reference to a up coming livery pack and a paint kit. Does this mean we have to fix the textures ourselves? or will the revised textures will be in the livery pack and will this pack incur any additional costs?

Im just seeking more information to decide to purchase the product. In all fairness if youre going to promote your product here, Q & A for the product should be open to anyone. I'm not personally asking for product support. Just further clarification to decide on the best course of action.
    Matt, of course we will be issuing SPs. We always do. And yes, as I have said and thanked you for the HU, we will be making the necessary changes to some of the liveries when we do the SP. Right now, as a small business, we are going to find it challenging in te coming months, balancing personal with business but we will, like a lot of others, I suspect, do our best.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Bazz I think all people here are interested and have been waiting for this model for a long, long time. Nothing new, even Bill Gates products need be patched .
    What can I advice - do more beta tests (or maybe beta Team is too small?), dont know this. More beta tests mean more completed model which is very important at this level price I think (higher than A2A Connie and near PMDG DC-6). So expectations are also high.
    Now I don't know if this Your post means ("make a return or accept what you have") the end of support for DC-3/C-47 and no next SP for few layers of repaints, strange shadows on model (probably missing PBR textures/alpha also) and issue with 3D model of main gear.
    I personally think that such comments and comments from users from opened Forum help and exchange experiences to finally have a better model, more faithful to the original if beta team didn't notice it before, no offense.
    Yoyo, this release was built with the more than able assistance of several real-world owners and flyers of the DC-3/C-47. We have beta tested to hell and back in the face of many urgent requests to hurry up and release. We have asked around here also but have had negative responses siting no time as the reason. There will always be glitches that's the nature of the business these days. But we fix them when we have enough reports gathered to make the best use of time.

we are already more than happy with the performance of this product in sales and feedback from customers world wide who are enjoying the product immensely and having a ball flying it (or trying to!)

You all know me by now (or should do) . I always ensure people are happy and SPs are relased as quickly as possible. The DC-3/C47 will be no exception - it has too much of us in it.

Matt, of course we will be issuing SPs. We always do. And yes, as I have said and thanked you for the HU, we will be making the necessary changes to some of the liveries when we do the SP. Right now, as a small business, we are going to find it challenging in te coming months, balancing personal with business but we will, like a lot of others, I suspect, do our best.
    Thank you for the clarification Baz. A black and white answer was all i was after, anything else leads to misunderstandings

...if people have issues please contact our help desk. That is what it is there for and we are then better equipped to deal with problems.
    Baz...want to confirm that the way to do that is using help@aeroplaneheaven.com

I don't need support, just want to report a bug.

Thanks,

Kent

Yes that is the correct address.

Thanks. E-mail sent.

Kent

Thanks for the clarification Bazz, dont rush ; ).
    Just bought DC-3 & C-47 Bundle version from PCAviator .
    Last edited by YoYo; April 7th, 2020 at 09:40.

Yes that is the correct address.
    aha! I tried to contact you through the contact form on the website, or is that the same thing?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I am quite interested in this package. Currently one of my favorite aircraft to fly is Manfred Jahn's C-47 with the Modern VC, cause I would rather fly with modern navigation and the standard C-47 by Manfred does not have a functioning autopilot in the VC (it does in the popup). I was quite interested when I saw the screen shots of the VC with a optional GPS on the dash but on reading the manual I got the impression that to have that you were required to by the flight1 gtn/gns package, which would just about double to cost of the package for me. Is there a way to fly this with modern navigation in the VC without having to buy another third party product?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

So here's me hoping for an update, especially on those shadows, those I find really annoying.
    You and me both! Just bought the bundle and im a little deflated. Cant start this thing without the gpu for one, I ABSOLUTELY HATE that...not realistic. just about every DC3 Out there including the one I have time in is capable of doing battery starts...ie at a fuel stop with no services. That being said, even with the GPU (Which I cant stand that opening a door causes the gpu to appear, should all be separate controls imo) i cant seem to get this thing to start. Seems VERY buggy to me for a $65 package. Lights wont go off without battery on, the shadows that were already mentioned, In the VC (which is not a full cabin..bummer) if you go back a ways behind the pilot toward the door..1. You can see a huge crack open to the outside 2. The door doesnt open from the inside..shows open from the outside, but doesnt work in the vc...pretty cheesy.
    The Texture quality is awsome however, she looks beautifull..just wish it was a little more realistic. in the real thing, you can flip on the battery and crank an engine over just to turn it through if you wanted to...this apparently you have to have the door open, gpu on or it wont do anything. Read the manual twice, and cant seem to move the hydraulic hand pump for the life of me. The mixture controls you MUST click on the trigger then drag...this is a PITA on short final going to auto rich having to pan down and screw around with click and drag rather than a quick key command (ctrl,shift,F3). Hopefully theres a service pack that will let you JUST open a door, or JUST hook up the gpu. or be able to choose the empty cabin without having paratroopers standing around. feels more like a game than a simulator. hoping for more of A2A style controls. Its not bad, she honestly looks beautifull...but please, for the love of got get rid of the hideous exhaust on the C47 and the strange cover blocking the top cylinders on the DC3. Until then, back to manfred's C47 for me.

surfguru, I recommend going through proper channels at Aeroplane Heaven for any problems you are having. Displaying them here actually has little beneficial effect for your. The aircraft has only been our for several days. Baz has already replied to several problems detailed through the support process. There will be a SP coming when as many things can be addressed as possible. Please check with Aeroplane Heaven support for any help.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 6