Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out! - Page 16
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

New version C-47 / DC-3

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Hello Piet, the upgrade for P3DV4.5 and 5 will be this month. MSFS hopefully first quarter of 2021.
    Hello Bazzar,
    The first as a Christmas-present? And very interested to the MSSF-version, my birthday is 22nd of January, so a birthdaypresent?
    reg.,
    Piet

Ok, I sent issues from DC-3 package (but C-47 probably has a similar, I haven't installed it yet, although I have it) noticed by me to support of AH (1.2v, P3Dv5.1). Fingers crossed for this .

Quote Originally Posted by degeus View Post
    Hello Bazzar,
    The first as a Christmas-present? And very interested to the MSSF-version, my birthday is 22nd of January, so a birthdaypresent?
    reg.,
    Piet
    The speed and speed up are the enemy of quality, so it's always better to wait a little longer and have finished and well done product.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Not finished yet, just preview (still working on effects). In the final it will be more weathered skin too.

Im working also here about less agressive bump mapping in this repaint + will add few missing things (like rivets near tail). Example on medium part:

Last edited by YoYo; December 7th, 2020 at 11:04.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Brilliant YoYo (pun intended ) Can't you just see her in MSFS... wow!

C

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Not finished yet, just preview (still working on effects). In the final it will be more weathered skin too.

Im working also here about less agressive bump mapping in this repaint + will add few missing things (like rivets near tail). Example on medium part:

I like that rivet detail. Hopefully, you will do the same to the C-47 I pm'd you about.

Still in hangar but Id like to show what I have now (a lot of work and tests to match some parts). Finally Im quite happy with the result. I hope it will be Your favorite and more detailed skin for AH DC-3 .

Still in hangar but Id like to show what I have now (a lot of work and tests to match some parts). Finally Im quite happy with the result. I hope it will be Your favorite and more detailed skin for AH DC-3 .

Just Beautiful!

Whilst I appreciate your work efforts YoYo, from a professional and legal/business perspective, I would appreciate if you would remove our logo from these shots. It gives the impression that this is some sort of official re-paint, which it is not. Neither can we be responsible for your work which it also conveys. Thankyou.

Whilst I appreciate your work efforts YoYo, from a professional and legal/business perspective, I would appreciate if you would remove our logo from these shots. It gives the impression that this is some sort of official re-paint, which it is not. Neither can we be responsible for your work which it also conveys. Thankyou.
    I was thinking its a kind of advertising for you, you are the first developer who asked about this ... but as you wish, no problem, here are new shots:

but I cant edit now those posts, just removed pictures from server.

News from FB:

Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC3 Upgrade V2
    We announce a further upgrade to our popular C-47/DC3 packages for P3DV4.5 and V5.
    The upgrade consists of several model improvements including adjustments to the gear geometry and other small fixes.
    Also, some texture improvements to existing liveries and the addition of four new liveries – KLM, British United Airways, Aer Lingus and Buffalo Airways.
    A new model variant has been added. This is the “ViewMaster” variant, especially popular in Australia. The ViewMaster had two pairs of side windows replaced by “panorama” windows with associated facing seats to take in wide expansive views of the world outside. Based on the American DC3 fuselage, the passenger door was repositioned to the left side to match the standard British layout.
    Additional improvements have also been made to the system code to correct some lighting errors.
    To take advantage of the complete upgrade package, it will be necessary to re-download the entire pack from your chosen vendor.

I hope the new version will take into account what I have reported in the last week to support also. Some are quite important and thx for new model and new skins in this update .

Thankyou for removing the logos.

Here are some shots of the new liveries and the ViewMaster version.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ViewMasterA.jpg   ViewMasterB.jpg   KLM.jpg   Buffalo.jpg   BUA.jpg   AerLingus.jpg  

Thank you for the update. When I used the uninstaller in the V1.2 folder it left the SimObjects folder with all it's stuff. Before I install V1.3 should I manually delete that folder or not?

Thanks,

Garry.

Hi Garry, It is probably best for you to just install the new upgrade, it should replace everything without the need to uninstall previous.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Thanks for including my favourite DC-3 in this package Bazz. I have always had a soft spot for the Viewmaster. Now I hope that Jan Kees can produce his magic and give us a repaint in the Airlines of NSW DC-3 and Viewmaster. A good friend of mine had his first job flying for ANSW back in 1963.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​Thanks for including my favourite DC-3 in this package Bazz. I have always had a soft spot for the Viewmaster. Now I hope that Jan Kees can produce his magic and give us a repaint in the Airlines of NSW DC-3 and Viewmaster. A good friend of mine had his first job flying for ANSW back in 1963.
    he didnt purchase the dc3 package, he only has the c47. These days hes more focused towards MSFS and the lack of his paints for the c47 is a bit of indication, so i think you have a better chance of winning powerball

We will be releasing more livery packs as time goes by Pat. We have decided not to release payware packs but release free ones occasionally. We have Ansett and a LOT of other liveries to come from the cupboard so stay tuned.

Hmmm, looks like the one problem will not be solved by AH support, pity and it's hard to understand for me. Model in VC hasnt any place for switch for turn on/off radios (so avionics in simulators). Obviously, the real DC-3 from this period does not have any avionics switch but like models of others its possible to add (to simulate turning on the radio and simulator's ATC too). Models of A2A - Connie has it, new B314 of PILOT's has it, even Manfred's C-47 has it too or every GAS addon so why not in DC-3 of AH? In the package is 2D panel with this switch, but come on, we are in 2020 with modern GPU, not 2004 and personally I dont use 2D panels from years, maybe only for cargo / configuration manager (I fly VR only also so full cockpit is very important to me), it kills immersion and jumping from VC to 2D panel spoils the fun during start from cold and dark start when everything are on off position. My proposition was to add click spot on this radio panel, this area (marked by red arrow) is free and its Radio comm so here is perfect place for switch to turn on/off radios (avionics in simulator, so ATC too). Red arrow - free area on radio comm switch (click sound only on this swich but no any animation and reaction), greens are for nav comm (audio, here is ok). Btw. if you have not avioncs "on" in the model the GPS 2D panel is off too (but I don't use gps, I needed this for communication with ATC), of course you can use Ctrl + e but that's not the point of simulations, especially for the checklist. In real the pilot turn on radio too (so avionics switch in simulator like FSX / P3D).

It's a pity, I miss this switch in the cockpit, not on 2D panel only. If someone thinks similar, you can always write to the support of AH too. https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/ It turns out I'm the only one who wrote about it. TY.

sorry Pat,
    but as Matt said, I switched to MSFS, ànd I never bought the DC-3, so no chance of me doing it I fear.
    But I see Baz has you covered!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Trying to get the Windshield Rain Effects working. Put the Windshield.dll and Windshield.ini files where they were in the V1.2 folders. Removed the // from the panel.cfg file for Windshield but no luck. I do see that your folder is organized differently now so maybe I have to put the Windshield stuff somewhere else.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
    Garry

I think the A2A windshield effects need updating. Currently we have them commented out in the panel CFG.

Hmmm, looks like the one problem will not be solved by AH support, pity and it's hard to understand for me. Model in VC hasnt any place for switch for turn on/off radios (so avionics in simulators). Obviously, the real DC-3 from this period does not have any avionics switch but like models of others its possible to add (to simulate turning on the radio and simulator's ATC too). Models of A2A - Connie has it, new B314 of PILOT's has it, even Manfred's C-47 has it too or every GAS addon so why not in DC-3 of AH? In the package is 2D panel with this switch, but come on, we are in 2020 with modern GPU, not 2004 and personally I dont use 2D panels from years, maybe only for cargo / configuration manager (I fly VR only also so full cockpit is very important to me), it kills immersion and jumping from VC to 2D panel spoils the fun during start from cold and dark start when everything are on off position. My proposition was to add click spot on this radio panel, this area (marked by red arrow) is free and its Radio comm so here is perfect place for switch to turn on/off radios (avionics in simulator, so ATC too). Red arrow - free area on radio comm switch (click sound only on this swich but no any animation and reaction), greens are for nav comm (audio, here is ok). Btw. if you have not avioncs "on" in the model the GPS 2D panel is off too (but I don't use gps, I needed this for communication with ATC), of course you can use Ctrl + e but that's not the point of simulations, especially for the checklist. In real the pilot turn on radio too (so avionics switch in simulator like FSX / P3D).

It's a pity, I miss this switch in the cockpit, not on 2D panel only. If someone thinks similar, you can always write to the support of AH too. https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/ It turns out I'm the only one who wrote about it. TY.
    Many modern add-ons have 2D panels. In fact we have been criticised in the past for not using them in these very forums. You persist with this issue despite having been told in support emails that we are not going to put an avionics switch into the 3d cockpit. The radios are analogue so come on with battery. You complained because you use VR - that was your argument - that VR does not support 2D gauges. It is a simple enough affair to use a keystroke for avionics master if you do not want to use the 2D panel for cold, dark starts. Indeed you are the only one to raise this issue.

...You complained because you use VR ...
    Correct, here is the main reason why I asked for so mutch.

New spinning effect (for silver propellers with Hamillton Standard sign ):

Bazz, here is another issue (as I think), this time how mdl reads texture on the right engine.
    For engine left and right you have different textures - cowlings.DDS (left) and (if its present) cowlingsRight.DDS (for right engine) what is good as it should be - for left and right engine .... but the model sees differences in radiator flaps only (so small part of the whole cover of engine), not the whole engine cover which should of course be the case - different for left and right engine.

So exactly:
    Right engine sees texture cowlingsRight.DDS - ok ... but only small part of texture (yellow on screenshot, only radiator flaps), not the whole texture ... AND also cowlings.dds from left engine - the whole cover of engine, so it doesnt see cover of engine from cowlingsRight.DDS (?)
    Left engine sees whole cowlings.dds texture (for left engine what is good).

I dont know why right engine sees mixed left and right texture if it has whole and own, the same in 100% texture named cowlingsRight.dds ? Looks like a bug for me when mdl was created.
    In this situation you cant create text on engine cover, because if the cover on the right engine uses the one from the left then the text is reversed on right engine cover.
    Id like to add DELTA text:

Please add it to 1.3 patch, so that the right engine mdl model can see the entire right texture (cowlingsRight.DDS) and didn't use the left texture. I can test it for you too if you send me patched mdl model.

From readme of paintkit:

NOTES:

Cowlings;

Each set consists of two texture sets, left and right. Both the left and right maps are actually identical but The RIGHT side requires MIRRORED text or graphics for that information to show correctly in the sim.
    That's ok, but the problem is that it only sees the radiator flaps and nothing else.

@ was sent to S.too. Thank You.

Btw. What is important, this change does not affect any default texture / skin.
    Last edited by YoYo; December 14th, 2020 at 12:03.

Members who have read this thread: 8