Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out! - Page 13
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Chock View Post
    That's the DC-3 aircraft file
    Chock from Avsim, who plays the guitar?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That's the DC-3 aircraft file
    So, are you able to start OK?

Nope, been waiting for a patch to sort it out. It very occasionally has worked, but not very convincingly at that, so this is basically a Control=E special.

This is the case for the C-47 and the DC-3.

You have to be doing something wrong or missing a vital step. Shoot an email to help@aeroplaneheaven.com and we'll see if we can get you sorted.

OK, so I have sat on my hands and (credit card) for too long.
    Purchased the DC-3 last night.
    TAA livery looks magnificent. Just as I remembered it at YMEN, so long ago. (Ansett, Ansett/ANA possible?)
    Later today, I will shut her down and try the infamous 'manual start'.
    I notice in the .cfg that 'electric_always_available' is set at = 1. I will try a start and if it fails will change to = 0, as Barry has instructed.
    I will report back.

Cheers
    Jock McIntyre
    Melbourne, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Chock from Avsim, who plays the guitar?
    Yup, that's me.

Yup, that's me.
    Welcome to the Outhouse, Chock!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

You're doing so many great choices, Paul!

Eager to get this reinstalled in V5 after the updates.

steve

Can't disagree...P3Dv5 utterly BLOWS in the lighting/shading department. But it's to be expected....LM= Engineers, and Engineers = "new features"....for the sake of new features. Unfortunately, going backwards to v4.5+ is not a viable long term option.

Kent

P.S. Paul -- that Frontier DC-3 looks GORGEOUS!

Actually I dont think it blows as such.

The issue is DX12 is different to DX11 and therefore the settings are different. Baz has alluded to this in the hotfix2 thread on here somewhere. Basically if you take the knowledge gleaned from 4.5 then apply that thinking to V5, it isnt that it blows. It is time consuming and head scratching. However as I said in the PBR thread from a year ago or so ... I think repainters are going to find issues in the constant change and the complexity of packed RGB textures, I still stand by what I said back then.

It's actually why the upgrade for the DC-3 has taken so long. And why the paintkit is different ( again baz has a thread on here about that as well ) However I am making the installers right now so fingers crossed unless I get sidetracked trying for an achievement in Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Can't disagree...P3Dv5 utterly BLOWS in the lighting/shading department. But it's to be expected....LM= Engineers, and Engineers = "new features"....for the sake of new features. Unfortunately, going backwards to v4.5+ is not a viable long term option.

Kent

P.S. Paul -- that Frontier DC-3 looks GORGEOUS!
    Thanks Buddy,,,yes the metal/chrome in V5 is different and I had to adjust my monitor as V5 seemed so dark,,,might have to redo all of my paints just for V5..now if we are talking frame rates, well, V5 really cranks )

Here are my paints for this great aircraft so far...all available here at SOH library..

Click on pic for larger image -

Taking request in my off time

Beautiful work as always, TeiscoDelRay! Thanks for painting these.

Taking request in my off time

If I may be so bold, how about an Allegheny Airlines skin?

https://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com...st/i-Z5mgNj4/A
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Beautiful work as always, TeiscoDelRay! Thanks for painting these.

If I may be so bold, how about an Allegheny Airlines skin?

https://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com...st/i-Z5mgNj4/A
    Thanks,,,I will give it a try.

Liveries for C-47?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Thanks,,,I will give it a try.
    Hi,
    Nice set of liveries for the DC-3-users. I am a C-47 user and would also like to have some additional liveries of well-known C-47's, now in musea all over the world of still airworthy as also shown in the action Daks over Normandy in June last year. Here the Dutch Dakota Association's C-47 PH-PBA https://www.dutchdakota.nl/en/home/ was present as well.
    Piet de Geus
    Netherlands

We have a KLM scheme coming in the livery packs.Along with around 30 odd other liveries, over 4 packs.

Quote Originally Posted by degeus View Post
    Hi,
    Nice set of liveries for the DC-3-users. I am a C-47 user and would also like to have some additional liveries of well-known C-47's, now in musea all over the world of still airworthy as also shown in the action Daks over Normandy in June last year. Here the Dutch Dakota Association's C-47 PH-PBA https://www.dutchdakota.nl/en/home/ was present as well.
    Piet de Geus
    Netherlands
    Sorry, only have the DC-3 at this time.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We have a KLM scheme coming in the livery packs. Along with around 30 odd other liveries, over 4 packs.
    Hopefully there will be an Airlines of NSW, MMA and Airlines of South Australia. These Aussie airlines seem to be forgotten.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Well Pat, you have already got TAA. TAA classic (polished alloy) is in the Upgrade and we have QANTAS, Ansett and Queensland Air coming in the livery packs. We must remember that there are hundreds of schemes from all over the globe and some of them need representing too.

From AH FB:

V4.5/V5 Upgrade is out.
    The new Upgrade pack for the DC-3 and C-47 is now available from our website store and very soon from your favourite vendors. We have uploaded the packages to all the vendors so standby for notifications. The installers will work for either V4.5 or V.5 and contain a full changelog, detailing all the changes and upgrades we have made to the packages. Extra models include a six-window version for the DC-3 and the C47-C amphib floatplane. All materials and textures have been remastered in PBR for V5. V4.5 ignores one of the channels that V5 needs so all textures are suitable for both sims. We have fully tested the starting routine for the DC-3 and it is now as reliable as the C-47.

Perhaps PCAviator will update it as the last so screenshots are welcome .
    Thx AH for support this addon still !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    The update is finally here. Great work to the AH team but there is no entry in the aircraft.cfg for the QANTAS DC-3. I can add it manually so no problem for me.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

QANTAS is coming in the livery packs Pat. It is possible we have left a test folder behind but it shouldn't be there. The full V5 upgrade livery packs are still being worked on.

Nice work on the 1.2 update - the product has really come a long way. Just finished a very satisfying short flight in a DC-3 that started with no trouble at all. Excellent job, AH!

I hate to interrupt a happy report to flag gotchas, but there are a couple of minor ones...

-- Wright-engined DC-3s now do have cowl-flap controls in the VC. They didn't in 1.0 or 1.1. Looks like something got reversed.

— Prop blur still shows when the props are stationary.

-- When the battery is switched off, it still forces the tail light switch to the down (on and dim) position, which means there's a white tail light shining with no power in the aircraft.

-- Unless I'm missing something, the bezel for the F1 GTN 750 is custom, and blocks the pop-up feature. It also seems to block the hardware direct-to switch. Not sure if this also applies to the 650 - I haven't tried that one.

And one luxury request...

-- Any chance of adding a sound for opening and closing the cockpit side window? It's a small thing but the silent window costs a little atmosphere. Side note to the community - if this is an easy tweak, let me know how and I'll be happy to try it.

Again, great work. I know you guys have said you need to move on to other projects and I get that - but please advise if any of these small fixes or adds are a possibility.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Members who have read this thread: 8