JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 13
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Will there be a 1.1 version of the PBR model? I really hope so. It is perfect and flies like a dream

Quote Originally Posted by morpheusfz View Post
    Will there be a 1.1 version of the PBR model? I really hope so. It is perfect and flies like a dream
    Yes it will. I think it should be released till next weekend. Depending on how much time I have available.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Hi Rob,
    Sorry I missed your post previously, that's some awesome info.

In my opinion, yes, I think it is in everyone's best interest to optimize for Accel/Steam and above.

To that end, what would the problem be in doing that for users who do not have Accel?
    Is SP2 enough? (I'm thinking everybody has loaded that, and the only difference between Accel/Steam and SP2 is the lack of the F-18.dll?)

thanks again for all that you do.

Tom

(P.S. I don't understand why I can't reply with quote to your post, the quote isn't showing up. I had to cut and paste it in.)
    Hi Tom,

I have that problem (not being able to quote) sometimes too; not clue why.
    But now it works.

The problem with the core-code of FSX-SP2 is, that it doesn't implement a multistage AB (the variables and auto-AB switching (based on Throttle) as defined in the aircraft.cfg.
    Meaning that the AB visual effects won't work.

But since the visual AB effects (for FSX-Accel) are now switched in a gauge, I could make a "special" of this gauge that works with FSX-SP2 (so a one-stage AB).
    But it won;t be part of the package; just as a one-off for people that don't have FSX-Accel ("gold" )

Rob

Question: Does the contents of the folder "Virtavia F-4 Phantom" go to the gauges folder or just the folder. What is the 640/1024 folder about? Does both or one of those go to gauges
    folder? I'm assuming the contents of the Cockpit sounds goes to the gauges folder.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Question: Does the contents of the folder "Virtavia F-4 Phantom" go to the gauges folder or just the folder. What is the 640/1024 folder about? Does both or one of those go to gauges
    folder? I'm assuming the contents of the Cockpit sounds goes to the gauges folder.
    The two folders in the enclosed "Gauges" folder, with all the files in there, must be copied to your FS "gauges" folder, Butch.

Sorry if that is unclear from the installation guide.

Cheers,
    JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

The "Virtavia_F-4_Cockpitsounds" and the "Virtavia_F-4_Phantom" folders gets into your gauges folder as they are.

Thanks for the phantastic improvements to the F-4.

I noticed that if I turn on/off the lights with the "L" key then smoke envelopes the aircraft. I find that by clicking on the light switches in the cockpit directly will bypass the smoke effect

I get when using the "L" key.

Thanks all for info as to where those two folders go during installation. That helped - and I still have that sonic boom and vapor cone effect also. 8-)

I see that the light 1 is tied to the sonic boom effect - perhaps that is why I see the smoke when I use the "L" key.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks for the phantastic improvements to the F-4.

I noticed that if I turn on/off the lights with the "L" key then smoke envelopes the aircraft. I find that by clicking on the light switches in the cockpit directly will bypass the smoke effect

I get when using the "L" key.

Thanks all for info as to where those two folders go during installation. That helped - and I still have that sonic boom and vapor cone effect also. 8-)

I see that the light 1 is tied to the sonic boom effect - perhaps that is why I see the smoke when I use the "L" key.

Yes, what you see is indeed the sonic boom cone visual effect, when using the "L" key.
    Triggered once, but slowly dies out.

Suggestion: never use this "AllLightsToggle" function anyway, since it's flawed since FS98 ...LoL
    Meaning: it doesn't do what the name suggests; instead, it toggles the NAV light switch, and sets all the other light switches to the same new state as NAV lights.

But that aside ….
    JP (for Rel.1.2): to avoid this, let's use the SmokeSystem instead of Lights for this effect, to avoid this problem. As for the AB effects in FSX.
    Allthough if someone would use "I" key (SmokeToggle) , the problem remains the same.
    Best solution would be to trap both the "L" and "I" keys, effectively disabling these keystrokes.

Cheers, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi Tom,

I have that problem (not being able to quote) sometimes too; not clue why.
    But now it works.

The problem with the core-code of FSX-SP2 is, that it doesn't implement a multistage AB (the variables and auto-AB switching (based on Throttle) as defined in the aircraft.cfg.
    Meaning that the AB visual effects won't work.

But since the visual AB effects (for FSX-Accel) are now switched in a gauge, I could make a "special" of this gauge that works with FSX-SP2 (so a one-stage AB).
    But it won;t be part of the package; just as a one-off for people that don't have FSX-Accel ("gold" )

Rob
    And, as you noted, Steam, and I imagine all the P3D versions?, is equivalent to Accel/gold edition.

That's super nice of you to support non-Accel users, too.

Right now I'm on Accel on one computer, and Steam on two others.

I have two Steam users in case I ever want to fly mulitplayer with myself (or a friend over) from the two computers, haha.
    I'm going to eventually phase out the Accel computer, it's on 7 and over 10 years old.

Thanks hugely for the effort on continuing improvement. One of the most satisfying things about this hobby is seeing a near 15 year old model survive more than one sim replacement and work so well in the current state of the art (well almost, I am staying with P3D v4.5 H3 for now). It's like an old friend you never say goodbye to.

Wil the forthcoming PBR version also be stand alone? If so, I may wait on installing the version just released as I have dozens of paints, my own air.cfg and panel tweaks etc to carry over. I understand that stand alone releases are more convenient for latecomers to the aircraft but for us Alphasim F-4 veterans I now have a substantial phantom philes to shift around! On the other hand, if it is just a matter of dropping in the replacment models, I will start replacing the whole package now.

Many thanks again!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

And, as you noted, Steam, and I imagine all the P3D versions?, is equivalent to Accel/gold edition.

That's super nice of you to support non-Accel users, too.

Right now I'm on Accel on one computer, and Steam on two others.

I have two Steam users in case I ever want to fly mulitplayer with myself (or a friend over) from the two computers, haha.
    I'm going to eventually phase out the Accel computer, it's on 7 and over 10 years old.
    The FSX versions explained. Hope this is of some use.

............??
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Board is still not quoting messages for me??? Am I missing a setting?

@fsafranek, did you forget something in your post?

She's working like a charme now - thanks again to all involved for this incredible compiling work. I mean, this is such an old queen and she's back in P3Dv4+.....Speechless....
    I even have clicking sounds inside the cockpit and all textures appear well now - what more could a heart desire?

Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Yes it will. I think it should be released till next weekend. Depending on how much time I have available.
    Thx so much Postbear, Great.

Board is still not quoting messages for me??? Am I missing a setting?

@fsafranek, did you forget something in your post?
    Actually I think I misread your comment I quoted and also failed to read further backwards.
    I thought you were asking if the Steam version was similar to FSX Gold and FSX Acceleration.
    For your purposes of multiplayer Steam is the way to go.
    That's what happens when you join a conversation in the middle.

BTW, I also have issues at times with the board not bringing the quote down to my response.
    In those cases, after several attempts, I just copy what I want to quote and wrap it in "quote" brackets.
    It doesn't give the credit but it does show what I'm responding to.

Virtavia Phantom II Reloaded V1.1 for P3Dv 4.5+ PBR textured

I've just uploaded the PBR V1.1 version to the library.

Cheers
    Ulrich

Thanks Ulrich!!

Priller

Great, Thx alot for this beauty.

I'm LOVING V1 but now that V1.1 is up do I have to remove V1 to install V1.1 or will it overwrite it?

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Thanks Steve re RF-4 B and C - interesting.

Showing off the PBR shine (at least that's what I think I see . .)

Where is everybody getting these sweet repaints? I am having trouble finding B/C/D model repaints that are high quality and work with the PBR models.

Eric

Where is everybody getting these sweet repaints? I am having trouble finding B/C/D model repaints that are high quality and work with the PBR models.
    Hey there Eric. This is a rather ancient paint by Russ Smith and was on the redone Alphasim (non PBR) model. My screenshot is in P3D v4.5 with sliders medium to high settings.

Cheers!

expat

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Aircraft Repaints, Textures and Modifications
    F-4J, VMFA-334, Falcons, Da Nang, 1968
    File Description:
    This is a repaint of Alphasim's excellent F-4J. These textures represent a F-4J that was part of VMFA-334, Falcons, as it appeared in On November, 24, 1968 while based at Da Nang. For the mission on that day the call sign for the aircaft was "Lovebug 6". You need the ALPHASIM "F-4 Phantom Pack 1" payware package.

Filename: vmfa334.zip
    License: Freeware, limited distribution
    Added: 17th February 2005, 13:53:12
    Downloads: 561
    Author: Russel R. Smith, Alphasim
    Size: 954kb
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi Eric
    Pesonally I think Gus Robatto did some of the best Phantom repaints, freely available on Avsim or just google his name.

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Hi Eric
    Pesonally I think Gus Robatto did some of the best Phantom repaints, freely available on Avsim or just google his name.

Regards Paul Day.
    Me too. They dont seem to work on the PBR model though? The ones I tried are too dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    I've just uploaded the PBR V1.1 version to the library.

Cheers
    Ulrich
    Thanks for this upgrade......
    So, to sum it up, the only difference from previous version and this one is that all textures are now in PBR?

Members who have read this thread: 13