JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 7
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    The vapor cone effect entry ^ isn't working for me in P3D V4.5

The sonic boom works great.

Has the light entry the consecutive number ?
    In this case

light.9 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

and have you the "fx_RCB_machenvlop.fx" file in your effects Folder ?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Just an FYI, I'm reworking the cockpit textures and that will be a separate upload as soon as I can get all of them done. Real world keeps me from spending as much time as I need, but they will be done.

Thanks Ed, your work is always very much appreciated!
    I'm looking forward to it.

Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Just uploaded version 1 of the new base package to the library.

Cheers,
    JP
    Great Job , JP

Now you have me busy

It will take not to long for PBR ( i hope )

Cheers
    Ulrich

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Has the light entry the consecutive number ?
    In this case

light.9 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect

and have you the "fx_RCB_machenvlop.fx" file in your effects Folder ?
    It's all sorted. Was missing the effect file you mentioned.

Thanks

Virtavia Phantom II Reloaded for P3D v 4.5+ PBR

Just uploaded version 1 of the new P3D v 4.5+ PBR package to the library

Cheers
    Ulrich

Fantastic work by all those concerned.

Wow, that was quick!

Thank you Ulrich, great job, really looking forward to seeing the PBR Phantoms in sim.

One thing that I don't like with the sonic boom effect in its current state is that COP3\SonicBoomControl intercepts the cabin lights (light type 10).
    This means that we can no longer use both types of interior light (cabin and instrument), which is a pity. It would be better to hack into e.g. the taxi lights (light type 6) which are unused by the Phantom.

This can be accomplished by a minor edit of "SonicBoomControl.xml". Just change all occurrences of "LIGHT CABIN" to "LIGHT TAXI" and change "TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS" to "TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS". Then you can change the [lights] entry in "aircraft.cfg" from "light.XX = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1" to "light.XX = 6, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1". Now the sonic boom uses the taxi lights, and we can (once again) use the cabin lights.

Cheers,
    JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Wow, that was quick!

Thank you Ulrich, great job, really looking forward to seeing the PBR Phantoms in sim.

One thing that I don't like with the sonic boom effect in its current state is that COP3\SonicBoomControl intercepts the cabin lights (light type 10).
    This means that we can no longer use both types of interior light (cabin and instrument), which is a pity. It would be better to hack into e.g. the taxi lights (light type 6) which are unused by the Phantom.

This can be accomplished by a minor edit of "SonicBoomControl.xml". Just change all occurrences of "LIGHT CABIN" to "LIGHT TAXI" and change "TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS" to "TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS". Then you can change the [lights] entry in "aircraft.cfg" from "light.XX = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1" to "light.XX = 6, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1". Now the sonic boom uses the taxi lights, and we can (once again) use the cabin lights.

Cheers,
    JP
    I'm assuming that's a modeling thing, and not something we as users can do?

Wow, that was quick!

Cheers,
    JP
    I still get the vapor cone effect just sitting on the runway and I use the "L" (Lights) key. I can toggle the vapor smoke off and on using "L" key.
    I'm not sure if your info ^ was addressing this very issue or the boom sound.

I did make the adjustments you mentioned to the xml file and in the lights entry.

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.1 = 10, 19.70, 0, 2.60, fx_F4_flood,
    light.2 = 10, 15.80, 0, 3.40, fx_F4_flood,
    light.3 = 7, -11.5, -19.2, -0.68, fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom ,
    light.4 = 7, -11.5, 19.2, -0.68, fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom ,
    light.5 = 9, -9.19, -2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantomFSX ,
    //light.6 = 9, -9.19, 2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantomFSX ,
    light.7 = 4, 20.00, 0.60, 2.20, fx_F4_insts,
    light.8 = 4, 20.00, -0.60, 2.20, fx_F4_insts,
    //light.9 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect
    light.9 = 6, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect <<<< This is as per your change.
    [GeneralEngineData]

<Value>
    (A:AIRSPEED MACH, number) 0.99 &gt; (A:LIGHT TAXI,bool) ! &amp;&amp;
    if{
    (&gt;K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS)
    (P:Local Time,seconds) (&gt;G:Var1)
    }

(A:AIRSPEED MACH, number) 0.98 &lt; (A:LIGHT TAXI,bool) &amp;&amp;
    if{
    }

(G:Var1) 0 &gt; (P:Local Time,seconds) (G:Var1) 3 + &gt; &amp;&amp;
    if{

I tried this out and now when I break sonic barrier I get the boom but no vapor cone effect.
    The vapor effect can not be turned on/off with touch of "L" key as my picture shows whereas
    before the AB effect can be turned on with the "L" key - six of one and half-dozen of another.
    Glad I saved a copy of the xml file.

I still get the vapor cone effect just sitting on the runway and I use the "L" (Lights) key. I can toggle the vapor smoke off and on using "L" key.
    I'm not sure if your info ^ was addressing this very issue or the boom sound.

I did make the adjustments you mentioned to the xml file and in the lights entry.

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.1 = 10, 19.70, 0, 2.60, fx_F4_flood,
    light.2 = 10, 15.80, 0, 3.40, fx_F4_flood,
    light.3 = 7, -11.5, -19.2, -0.68, fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom ,
    light.4 = 7, -11.5, 19.2, -0.68, fx_contrail_Virtavia Phantom ,
    light.5 = 9, -9.19, -2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantomFSX ,
    //light.6 = 9, -9.19, 2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantomFSX ,
    light.7 = 4, 20.00, 0.60, 2.20, fx_F4_insts,
    light.8 = 4, 20.00, -0.60, 2.20, fx_F4_insts,
    //light.9 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect
    light.9 = 6, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect <<<< This is as per your change.
    [GeneralEngineData]

<Value>
    (A:AIRSPEED MACH, number) 0.99 &gt; (A:LIGHT TAXI,bool) ! &amp;&amp;
    if{
    (P:Local Time,seconds) (&gt;G:Var1)
    }

(A:AIRSPEED MACH, number) 0.98 &lt; (A:LIGHT TAXI,bool) &amp;&amp;
    if{
    }

(G:Var1) 0 &gt; (P:Local Time,seconds) (G:Var1) 3 + &gt; &amp;&amp;
    if{
    The L key toggles all lights. If you don't want to toggle the vapor effect on and off but want to turn your lights on, wouldn't you want to toggle the individual light types?
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    The L key toggles all lights. If you don't want to toggle the vapor effect on and off but want to turn your lights on, wouldn't you want to toggle the individual light types?
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment?
    I don't know how to answer to that but I did revert everything back to its previous status.
    In my reverted state as you see here, I can toggle the "L" key and the Burner effect is activated.
    So either the Vapor effect, or the burner effect, is bound to the "L" key - at least in my case.

I don't know how to answer to that but I did revert everything back to its previous status.
    In my reverted state as you see here, I can toggle the "L" key and the Burner effect is activated.
    So either the Vapor effect, or the burner effect, is bound to the "L" key - at least in my case.

I think I didn't understand your question. I think I still don't. What behavior would you like to have? What was the significance of saying you turned them on sitting on the runway? I'm no wiz with effects or how these things should operate, so I'm just trying to understand what should be happening, and what your expectations are.

I mean, I can write an effect and/or gauges to an extent, but there are some systems here I'd like to learn more about how they should work and how to get them to work.

Blog Entries
    Great job, PB and JP!

One thing I noticed when I started adding in some of my favourite repaints - the tank textures don't seem to map to the new tank models. Somehow the standard white with red tip center tank texture trumps any other texture, and similarly for the two outboard fuel tanks, if I apply one of the TPS (grey) or camo schemes, the tanks remain white.

Is there a way to fix this?

Also I noticed a strange AB delay - when you come off 100% throttle, it takes a good 2-3 sec for the AB to go off.

Finally, and perhaps more annoyingly, I'm getting the flaps down beeping, even when gear is down.

That's with the version v1 uploaded 2 May. I have yet to try the PBR version, which incidentally I just noticed is up.

thx - I'm super stoked for this model.

dl

If you use P3D, the reheat flame effect should not be tied to any light condition. That can only happen if you by accident copied the FSX effects to your effects folder as well as the P3D ones.

In a "stock" installation the only effect tied to a light condition in P3D is the contrail effect (recognition lights). In FSX, both the reheat and contrail effects are tied to light conditions (recognition and logo lights) .

But adding the sonic boom stuff, the vapor cone must be tied to a light condition as well, either cabin lights if you use an unmodified "SonicBoomControl.xml" or taxi lights if you use my suggested modification, so it will display if you use the "L" key to toggle all lights. The boom sound is only played if you actually pass the sound barrier.

Butch, it's really odd that you didn't get the vapour cone with your edited files. Your modifications to "SonicBoomControl.xml" as well as to "aircraft.cfg" were 100% correct. You should indeed be able to toggle the vapour effect with the "L" key, but not the reheat flame. And you should certainly get both vapour and sound effect when passing mach 1.

The reason why I don't want to occupy the cabin lights condition is that I really want two ways to illuminate the cockpit.

Floodlight:

Instrument light (ideally to be enhanced with gauge backlighting and maybe even some additive texturing):

Just something I'm working on ...

Cheers,
    JP

Wow, that was quick!

Cheers,
    JP
    Thank you, for the very great job you've done !!

Yes, you are right with the SonicBoom effect, this is a little untoward,
    but your solution to resolve this problem should work.
    I'm not sure if some users can get changed that.

Cheers
    Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    One thing I noticed when I started adding in some of my favourite repaints - the tank textures don't seem to map to the new tank models. Somehow the standard white with red tip center tank texture trumps any other texture, and similarly for the two outboard fuel tanks, if I apply one of the TPS (grey) or camo schemes, the tanks remain white.

Is there a way to fix this?
    The weapons all use a separate texture set now, the "w_xxxxxxxx" textures in the texture.VC folder. This had to be done because not all models had all textures for all weapons. So you can paint those, or include "w_xxxxxxx" textures in the individual repaint.

As for the afterburner timing, this is hardcoded in the model as specified by Ulrich, the flame comes on and goes off at 80% engine RPM.

Cheers,
    JP

VF-154 in PBR

Thank you all !!!

Thank you all !!!
    You're welcome ,Butch
    I'm glad you like it.

Smile, please.

Dave

Burner ring rotation

Noticed a little burner ring rotation (Gyro effect) when tilting the aircraft or sometimes change in altitude. This is not at full burner. Maybe at low end of throttle

or at burner first stage. PBR Edition in (P3D V4.5)

Are there any plans to upgrade the RF-4B? Or possibly an option to eliminate the slime lights on the F-4C? Unfortunately most of the colorful RF-4s were B models without slimes.

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Steve

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2020-may-4-017.jpg  
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Ulrich

I sent you a PM about the wrong direction the lancer was pointing on the right side. The left side is okay.
    Didn't notice it till I hopped in for a ride.

Noticed a little burner ring rotation (Gyro effect) when tilting the aircraft or sometimes change in altitude. This is not at full burner. Maybe at low end of throttle

or at burner first stage. PBR Edition in (P3D V4.5)
    The burner ring gyro effect i noticed too, but i have no clue what
    is the cause.

Ulrich

I sent you a PM about the wrong direction the lancer was pointing on the right side. The left side is okay.
    Didn't notice it till I hopped in for a ride.
    Yes, okay i see, had only shots from the left side.
    I will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    The burner ring gyro effect i noticed too, but i have no clue what
    is the cause.

Yes, okay i see, had only shots from the left side.
    I will fix that.

Ulrich
    Got your PM - Thank you.

The AB rings will rotate and will not lock in place and from what I hear not a problem in FSX.

Had a similar experience with the Alpha Sim F-8 and Ted Tufun was trying to correct same situation.
    He did fix the gyro issue but had to mod the effect a little.

fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom.fx

[Emitter.0]
    Lifetime=0.30, 0.30
    Delay=0.00, 0.00
    Bounce=0.00
    Light=0
    No Interpolate=1
    Rate=110.00, 110.00
    X Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
    Y Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
    Z Emitter Velocity=0.00, 0.00
    Drag=0.00, 0.00
    X Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
    Y Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
    Z Particle Velocity=0.00, 0.00
    X Rotation=3.00, 3.00
    Y Rotation=0.00, 0.00
    Z Rotation=0.00, 0.00
    X Offset=0.00, 0.00
    Y Offset=0.00, 0.00
    Z Offset=0.0, 0.0
    Pitch=-2.50, -2.50
    Bank=0.00, 0.00
    ---------- These have no effect and will not hold the rings in place.
    Heading=0.00, 0.00

Members who have read this thread: 13