JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 18
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Boah, those look very nice!
    You can find then -- and many others -- if you search over at the AVSIM library for "Gus Robatto".

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-7-17_12-2-5-548.jpg   2021-7-17_20-4-31-989.jpg  

Hi everybody,

and thank you for this beautiful update.

I've noticed a strange issue.
    I can load tanks, bombs and rockets with the loadmanager and I can see them when the plane is on the runway, but they disappeare when the plane accelerates...

Does anybody has an idea to fix it ?

Thank you and best regards lucame ( FSX)

Quote Originally Posted by lucame View Post
    Hi everybody,

I can load tanks, bombs and rockets with the loadmanager and I can see them when the plane is on the runway, but they disappeare when the plane accelerates...

Hi Lucame See my post at 424. I'm sure Rob is trying to sort this while meantime I've tried reinstalling the update piece by piece but I can never get past the F4B mdl. Removing the update and reinstalling the Virtavia_Phantom_V11 gives me full working models without the faults appearing as I described in other peoples models. I'm wondering if its vid card specific. By the way I'm using Prepar3d V5.2 my video card is a Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti running on Win 10
    Regards
    Mike

rcbF4V1-2.zip problems

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear the problems reported here.
    My V1.2 addon and update instruction was tested on FSX-Accel and P3dV4.3 by another user, and worked fine for him (like on my system).

A few remarks first:

1. My rcbF4V1-2.zip file is based on a clean install of JP's (Penz) V1.1, as he described it in his V1.1 package.

2. DO NOT try to use it with e.g. Ulrich Esser's P3D4 version of the package (PBR models); it won't work (see below).

3. To have the animations (like weapons visibility, spoiler, chute) work properly in MultiPlayer, and with the new way of inducing drag/weight effect of configured loadout, ALL the exterior visual model files (.mdl file) have changed in V1.2.
    Meaning that if you use any other .mdl files (from other sources, like PBR .mdl files) it won't work since these .mdl files don't have the required changes for my V1.2

4. There is the possibility that my package doesn't work in P3D V5.2 (I don't have P3D myself, so can only test/describe it on FSX-Accel)
    BUT: if JP's V1.1 package works fine in P3D V5.2 (as reported) I highly doubt that.

Which make me think the reported problems have something to do with incorrect installation of V1.2 (not 100% sure though).

To make sure any of the probems are not caused by old files on my FSX-Accel PC and the other testers P3Dv4.3 PC

1. Uninstall JP's V1.1; meaning: DELETE folders and all contents:
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 31\
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 32\
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\Gauges\Virtavia_F-4_Phantom\

2. Install JP's V1.1 again; meaning: you should get the folder/files:
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 31\
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 32\
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\Gauges\Virtavia_F-4_Phantom\
    back again.

CHECK:
    oo The filesize of ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\model.B\F4B.mdl should be appr. 9442 kB

3. Install my V1.2 package:
    You can do that file/folder-by-file/folder, but the simplest is:

oo COPY the folder \Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\ from my V1.2 zip file to your ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder.
    Meaning that a number of files are added/overwritten.
    CHECK:
    oooo Windows asks you to overwrite 12 files.
    oooo The filesize of ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\model.B\F4B.mdl should have changed to appr. 9472 kB

oo COPY the folder \Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 31\ from my V1.2 zip file to your ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder.
    CHECK:
    oooo Windows asks you to overwrite 11 files.

oo COPY the folder \Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 32\ from my V1.2 zip file to your ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder.
    CHECK:
    oooo Windows asks you to overwrite 8 files.

oo COPY the folder \Gauges\ from my V1.2 zip file to your ...FSX(P3D)\Gauges\ folder.
    CHECK:
    oooo Windows doesn't ask you to overwrite any files (everything is new)
    oooo You should a.o. now have a file ...FSX(P3D)\Gauges\Virtavia_F-4_Phantom\rcb-gauges\airbrake.xml

Is that all correct sofar (exactly) ????
    If not, report what's different.
    If so, the install of V1.2 is probably correct and I need to go to the next step to get it solved.

But PLEASE, do exactly as I described above (nothing more / nothing less) .
    Otherwise there is no way for me to debug such problems !!

As a sidenote:
    My V1.2 package with all the described features, is a tweaked package of changed visual models, control gauges, aircaft.cfg and panel.cfg files; all based on JP's V1.1 package.
    ANY deviation in installing it, or using something else (like other aircraft.cfg, panel.cfg or .mdl files) , MIGHT cause it not to work as intended.
    That's what I need to find out first.

Rob

Hi everybody,

Which FSX version ??
    Because this only works in FSX-Accel/SteamEdition. as stated.

IF this is in FSX-Accel/SteamEdition: I'm willing to bet ...LoL... you didn't install V1.2 properly (given your description of the problem).
    Please, reply to the post above ....

Rob

Hi Rob,

it' s FSX Acceleration.
    All the old features ( AB, sonic boom, ...) and the new ones are there.
    I have problems only with the external loads.

[QUOTE=rcbarend;1266653]Hi Guys,

My V1.2 addon and update instruction was tested on FSX-Accel and P3dV4.3 by another user, and worked fine for him (like on my system).

A few remarks first:

1. My rcbF4V1-2.zip file is based on a clean install of JP's (Penz) V1.1, as he described it in his V1.1 package.

2. DO NOT try to use it with e.g. Ulrich Esser's P3D4 version of the package (PBR models); it won't work (see below).

3. To have the animations (like weapons visibility, spoiler, chute) work properly in MultiPlayer, and with the new way of inducing drag/weight effect of configured loadout, ALL the exterior visual model files (.mdl file) have changed in V1.2.
    Meaning that if you use any other .mdl files (from other sources, like PBR .mdl files) it won't work since these .mdl files don't have the required changes for my V1.2

4. There is the possibility that my package doesn't work in P3D V5.2 (I don't have P3D myself, so can only test/describe it on FSX-Accel)
    BUT: if JP's V1.1 package works fine in P3D V5.2 (as reported) I highly doubt that.

Which make me think the reported problems have something to do with incorrect installation of V1.2 (not 100% sure though).

To make sure any of the probems are not caused by old files on my FSX-Accel PC and the other testers P3Dv4.3 PC

oo ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\Done
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 31\Done
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 32\Done
    oo ...FSX(P3D)\Gauges\Virtavia_F-4_Phantom\Done

I note that (P3D)\Gauges\Virtavia_F-4_Cockpitsounds aren't mentioned?

back again.

CHECK:
    oo The filesize of ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\model.B\F4B.mdl should be appr. 9442 kB correct

oo COPY the folder \Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\ from my V1.2 zip file to your ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder.
    CHECK:
    oooo Windows asks you to overwrite 12 files.correct
    oooo The filesize of ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\model.B\F4B.mdl should have changed to appr. 9472 kBcorrect

oo COPY the folder \Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 31\ from my V1.2 zip file to your ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder.
    CHECK:
    oooo Windows asks you to overwrite 11 files.correct

oo COPY the folder \Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 32\ from my V1.2 zip file to your ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder.
    CHECK:
    oooo Windows asks you to overwrite 8 files.correct

oo COPY the folder \Gauges\ from my V1.2 zip file to your ...FSX(P3D)\Gauges\ folder.
    CHECK:
    oooo Windows doesn't ask you to overwrite any files (everything is new)correct
    oooo You should a.o. now have a file ...FSX(P3D)\Gauges\Virtavia_F-4_Phantom\rcb-gauges\airbrake.xmlcorrect

Is that all correct sofar (exactly) ???? yes
    If not, report what's different. I have tested and the spoiler and chute animation is still not working. Cockpit animation for the spoiler handle does work with an audible click. The click is absent on the RAF models.
    Lastly the interference with other peoples models has ended. Spoilers work as expected
    I've also repeated the test described in the readme and results are identical to my previous post
    If so, the install of V1.2 is probably correct and I need to go to the next step to get it solved.

As a sidenote:
    My V1.2 package with all the described features, is a tweaked package of changed visual models, control gauges, aircaft.cfg and panel.cfg files; all based on JP's V1.1 package.
    ANY deviation in installing it, or using something else (like other aircraft.cfg, panel.cfg or .mdl files) , MIGHT cause it not to work as intended.

Beware of The Red One (QF-4B, NMC).....

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-7-19_8-0-0-424.jpg   2021-7-19_8-20-27-372.jpg  

Hi Rob,

it' s FSX Acceleration.
    All the old features ( AB, sonic boom, ...) and the new ones are there.
    I have problems only with the external loads.
    Please mail me a screenshot (see Email address at the bottom of my ReadmeV1.2.)
    - Taken when this situation (disappearing loadout) occurs.
    - In Spotplane view, from the front of the aircraft (so I can see the loadout visually)
    - With the Loadout Configurator, Weapons Select/Radar and Debug 2D-windows opened.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I think I've fixed this issue.

I've simply reinstalled XMLTools and now the loads are visible, even during the flight.
    Now I just have to try if everything works with TacPack but I suppose it will be OK.

Thank you for your time and your help lucame

[QUOTE=CavOk;1266682]
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi Guys,

A few remarks first:

I note that (P3D)\Gauges\Virtavia_F-4_Cockpitsounds aren't mentioned?

back again.

CHECK:
    oo The filesize of ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\model.B\F4B.mdl should be appr. 9442 kB correct

CHECK:
    oooo Windows asks you to overwrite 12 files.correct
    oooo The filesize of ...FSX(P3D)\SimObjects\Airplanes\Virtavia F-4 Phantom II Pack 12\model.B\F4B.mdl should have changed to appr. 9472 kBcorrect

CHECK:
    oooo Windows asks you to overwrite 11 files.correct

CHECK:
    oooo Windows asks you to overwrite 8 files.correct

CHECK:
    oooo Windows doesn't ask you to overwrite any files (everything is new)correct
    oooo You should a.o. now have a file ...FSX(P3D)\Gauges\Virtavia_F-4_Phantom\rcb-gauges\airbrake.xmlcorrect

Is that all correct sofar (exactly) ???? yes
    If not, report what's different. I have tested and the spoiler and chute animation is still not working. Cockpit animation for the spoiler handle does work with an audible click. The click is absent on the RAF models.
    Lastly the interference with other peoples models has ended. Spoilers work as expected
    I've also repeated the test described in the readme and results are identical to my previous post

As a sidenote:
    So the installl of V1.2 appears to be correct.

Three remarks:
    1. Sorry, I didn't mention the (P3D)\Gauges\Virtavia_F-4_Cockpitsounds folder (nor \Effects) since they are not relevant for debugging this.

2. I don't understand what you mean with your remark: Lastly the interference with other peoples models has ended. Spoilers work as expected

3. Since this is in P3D V5.2 (which I don't use, and was not tested):
    I need explicite confirmation if this Spoiler animation issue you have (the Chute might be another problem) happens with the first Pack12 model (F4B) too.
    Can you please Email me (see my EMail address in READMEV1.2.txt) such a screenshot with the F4B model:
    - In Spotplane view, with the Spoiler animation state visible
    - With the Debug 2D-window opened.

So a simular screenshot as the attached picture (in FSX-Accel) with the Pack12-F4B model.
    No worries if extended spoilers ARENOT visible for you; that's what I'm trying to establish.
    The same model , same situation, with the update V1.2 installed . I need to be able to read the values in the Debug window in a screenshot in P3Dv5.2

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F4B V1.2 Spoilers.jpg  

Problems Solved

After some private conversation, the problems with V1.2 as reported above , are solved .
    In case anyone else has simular problems: problem was in the install of XMLTools.

Good to know now that the V1.2 update also works in P3DV5.2 (which isn't trivial ...LoL)

Cheers, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    You can find then -- and many others -- if you search over at the AVSIM library for "Gus Robatto".

Dave
    Hi,

Can somebody tell me if these additional texture sets (made for the original Virtavia FS9 package) work in FSX/P3D with JP's V1.1 package ??

The problem I have:
    For some reason (which I can't trace back) these texture sets always refer to specific models.
    Virtavia named these model.1, model.2 etc ....
    Whereas in JP's V1.1 package these models are referred to (and organised in three Pack versions) as model.B, model.C, model.F4K, model.GR1, etc etc .

So I'm trying to find a mapping ....

Rob

Hi Rob,

I' ve added some repaints to the Phantom packages in V1.1 and they work with V1.2, too ( I've tested for the moment the Phantom 12 package)

In every aircraft. cfg there are some informations about the plane ( F4B, F4E, ....): I've changed in "model=" 1, 2 or 3 with B, E or EJ ( for example) and the textures appeared.

There some interesting textures even for the recce versions.

Best regards Lucame

Hi,

Can somebody tell me if these additional texture sets (made for the original Virtavia FS9 package) work in FSX/P3D with JP's V1.1 package ??

The problem I have:
    For some reason (which I can't trace back) these texture sets always refer to specific models.
    Whereas in JP's V1.1 package these models are referred to (and organised in three Pack versions) as model.B, model.C, model.F4K, model.GR1, etc etc .

Rob
    They do indeed work, although I've converted them all to DDS.

In the original FS9 packages, there was a need for optional alternative fuel/weapon loadouts, as well as the different aircraft models.
    Pack 1 was USN/USMC models. Pack 2 was USAF/Export models. Pack 3 was the RF/RR-engined variants.
    Within each pack, an individual aircraft model and external fuel/weapon loadout (where options were offered) was achieved by an individual model number.
    The flight dynamics were all exactly the same, though, no matter the weights and drag of the externals.

Now that there's the loadout manager, these are no longer required -- so all you have to worry about is what the aircraft model you're wanting to depict actually is.
    This means that you'll have to modify the model and (in some cases) title entries for each individual [fltsim.x] entry.

There is one possible pitfall to bear in mind: some original repaints didn't include all the textures -- only those specific to the individual paint.
    Be careful where you source the missing ones from, as you could get some interesting colour schemes as a result.

Dave

Hi,

The problem I have:

Rob
    First of all, thank you and congrats to you and the team for making the Phantom better!

In the V1.1 "Readme_and_installation_guide.txt" there is a section named "USING THE OLD REPAINTS", outlining the mapping between the old and new model structure. I think that's what you are looking for, Rob.

Cheers,
    JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    First of all, thank you and congrats to you and the team for making the Phantom better!

In the V1.1 "Readme_and_installation_guide.txt" there is a section named "USING THE OLD REPAINTS", outlining the mapping between the old and new model structure. I think that's what you are looking for, Rob.

Cheers,
    JP
    Hi JP,

Yes, that info is exactly what I was looking for .. Thanks !!

Hope you can find the time to try out V1.2.
    You'll be amazed .....LoL

Cheers, Rob

Good to know now that the V1.2 update also works in P3DV5.2 (which isn't trivial ...LoL)

Cheers, Rob
    Close, but no cigar. The usual issue with the reheat effects still persists. The burner effects are fine in P3Dv4.5, but don't work in P3Dv5.2. I'm led to believe that it's a question of scaling.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Close, but no cigar. The usual issue with the reheat effects still persists. The burner effects are fine in P3Dv4.5, but don't work in P3Dv5.2. I'm led to believe that it's a question of scaling.

Dave
    Hi Dave
    Re the A/B it seems to work with the RAF models

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter 92.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	559.2 KB 
ID:	83719

Re Prep3d V5.2 I've just tested the A/B on all models in Pack 12 and on my rig only the F4B doesn't display the reheat effect. Also tested pack31 and 32 all models display reheat
    Mike
    Last edited by CavOk; July 24th, 2021 at 07:16.

Again re Prep3dv5.2 I've conducted more tests.
    The cfg files in all packs call for

[smokesystem]
    smoke.1 = -19.00, -2.25, -0.80, fx_smoke_f6
    smoke.2 = -19.00, 2.25, -0.80, fx_smoke_f6
    smoke.3 = -9.19, -2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_fire_FSX
    smoke.4 = -9.19, 2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_fire_FSX
    smoke.5 = -9.19, -2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_short_FSX
    smoke.6 = -9.19, 2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_short_FSX
    smoke.7 = -9.19, -2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_long_FSX
    smoke.8 = -9.19, 2.20, -0.79, fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_long_FSX
    smoke.9 = 12, 0, -3.5 ,F4Gun, ///Machinegun effect
    smoke.10 = 0,0,0, fx-dummy //Not used
    smoke.11 = 0,0,0, fx-dummy //First Smoke control for loadout animation
    smoke.12 = 0,0,0, fx-dummy
    smoke.13 = 0,0,0, fx-dummy
    smoke.14 = 0,0,0, fx-dummy

Entries 3-8 have an appendage _FSX but those effects files in the Prepr3dv5.2 effects folder don't have it. By removing the _FSX appendage in the cfg file I find the after burners work on all models in all packs on my rig.

Mike

That did the trick, thanks.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-7-24_12-57-30-953.jpg  

Ok, some explanation on the Reheat effects.
    That is: as far as I understand it: (this was in JP's V1.1, and has not changed in the V1.2 Update)
    Someone please correct me if/where I'm wrong ...

In V1.1, the goal was to have one package that would work for FSX-Accel/Steam (32-bit) and P3Dv4 (64-bit).
    The reheat effects are controlled from the .mdl code.
    Which works fine in P3Dv4, for all models except some minor issues on the models with extended nose gear (like F-4K and RF-4B).

However, that didn't work in FSX.
    Solution for that in FSX: switch the reheat effect via aircraft.cfg Smoke system definitions and gauge control of these Smoke.* effects.
    To still have one package for both P3Dv4 and FSX, two seperate Effect folders for FSX and P3D were included.
    That contain IDENTICAL reheat effect files, but with a different names.
    Like:
    - For P3D: fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_long.fx
    - For FSX: fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_long_FSX.fx

Meaning that:
    - In P3Dv4:
    oo The model code uses file fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_long.fx for the effect.
    oo The gauge code switches the effect fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_long_FSX.fx ; but since that file (defined in the aircraft.cfg) can't be found in the P3D Effects folder: it's void.

- In FSX:
    It's the other way around.
    Since the file fx_reheat_AlphaPhantom_long.fx can't be found by the model code; hence that switching is void.

I.o.w.: switching the reheat effects on/off is done EITHER by the model code (in P3D) OR by gauge code (in FSX) ; depending on the Effect filename found in the Effects folder.
    Not both.

In P3Dv5.2, swiching the reheat effects from the mdl code appears not to work; no clue why (I don't use P3D).
    So Mike's trick to use the P3D reheat effect filenames in the Smokesystem section of the aircraft.cfg's probably works.
    Or install the FSX Effects folder instead of changing the aircraf.cfg files ; should have the same result.

Rob

Thanks

Thank you all for the works on the F-4.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F4-Nimitz.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	84349

The F-4 lands on AI Carriers and launches from AI Carriers just great.

My busy RL Season is starting to wind down now. Winter's approaching, and I should have more time to try out the newest Phantom version soon.
    Can't wait !

Hard to believe last time I visited here was back in April.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 13