JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 9
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    So, DL, which w_xxxxx texture do I look for if I just want to change the wing tank paint color?

I can't find the original file at the moment, but here is the renamed file that allows a slightly nicer set of white wing tanks. Just drop this into his VMFP- repaint, or any other repaint where you want to use the white wing tanks.

w_ft2.zip

cheers,

dl

Tanks (!) DL
    . . sorry couldn’t resist . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    No worries JP, I figured "it would be a stretch" ... but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Looking forward to the update.

BTW - while the tank texture renaming thing didn't work for the J center tank texture, it did for the the Duckie (Steve Bryant) wing tank texture. Which means for the 2x wing tanks only configuration, you get his nicely repainted tanks. The center-only or all three tank configuration means that the center tank will be the "default" white with red tip.

I'm personally ok with that compromise on the RF - just a heads up for folks like me who can't repaint, and want to work within what the model allows today but still add in the enhancements possible from some older legacy but still really nice repaints.

dl
    After looking at the FS-9 version compared to the FSX update, The RF-4 FSX Update version is now using the tanks texture sheets for the B-C-N-J versions which was NOT the case in FS-9. Obviously my old paints are for the FS-9 version and for the most fit well. However, as d_l has discovered the NEW arrangement you can get the wing tanks from the fighter version textures but you won't be able to get a good center tank without a repaint of that tank. The FS-9 repaints used an entirely different texture set to get all three tanks on the RF-versions, hence the predicament, albeit not serious, just need to splash a little paint!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Sign me up!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Sign me up!

Great, looking forward.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

German F-4F and RF-4E with colored tanks.

Greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    German F-4F and RF-4E with colored tanks.

Greetings
    Klaus
    Hi Klaus,

Do you plan uploading that gorgeous F4F with the coloured tanks?

Take care,

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hi Klaus,

Do you plan uploading that gorgeous F4F with the coloured tanks?

Take care,

Priller
    Will try to do a complete package of liverys of the German Airforce for an upload here. All textures i found (12 different till now). All these are not my work...(all credits to the original painters) just do the changes to match that new version of the Phantom and do all textures for the new tanks in one complete package.

Another nice one.

greetings
    Klaus

Thanks so much Klaus!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Will try to do a complete package of liverys of the German Airforce for an upload here. All textures i found (12 different till now). All these are not my work...(all credits to the original painters) just do the changes to match that new version of the Phantom and do all textures for the new tanks in one complete package.

Another nice one.

greetings
    Klaus
    That's wonderful work Klaus, thank you for making these!

Cheers,
    JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Blog Entries
    Those Markus Hellwig (SOH member “Wild Bill Kelso”) paints are indeed gorgeous. The last one (35+10) is my favourite German RF paint.

I know I’m pushing my luck here, but is there any chance of the pylons getting the same paint matching treatment?

Thanks in advance Ulrich, JP, Klaus et al for your work on this project.

Since some of the texture sheets appear to have been reassigned for weapons use it would be good to know which texture sheets go with which models. The RF models appear to have reassigned tanks and pylons which I have now repainted to match my existing RFs but that’s as far as I’ve gone. When I say “reassigned” I mean different from what the original ALPHASim/Virtavia models had. Also, please don’t take this comment as negative criticism because it is not intended as such. The original models/textures/paint kits were a fairly complicated affair so it’s a wonder that the model updaters were able to keep it as organized as they did!

Love the photo version

I see in Vietnam they flew the "barrel" missions up from Udorn with a while painted center tank which were dumped over Laos - apparently quite a large collection must have accumlated there.

Which Mirimar scenery is that Gray Eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Which Mirimar scenery is that Gray Eagle?
    NAS Miramar back in the good ole' days, Top Gun was there back then.

A very nice job creating this scenery. It looks pretty much as I remember it when I was there in mid 60's/70's

https://secure.simmarket.com/mile-hi...-gun-fsx.phtml

Even Maverick is there on his bike

I concur with DL about the pylons!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I concur with DL about the pylons!

Priller
    Just working on this

greeting
    Klaus

SOH-CM-2023
    Has anyone done a Euro 1 (Lizard) paint for the D/E models?
    You can't take the sky from me...

Members who have read this thread: 15