JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D - Page 6
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: JP (and co)'s Alphasim/Virtavia F-4 Revival for FSX/P3D

Just uploaded version 1 of the new base package to the library.

Cheers,
    JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

YESSSSSS!!!

Thanks so much JP!!

Priller

She doesn't show up at the library yet... I can't wait to try this one out.
    Thank you for your work !
    My Military Flight Videos :

Just an FYI, I'm reworking the cockpit textures and that will be a separate upload as soon as I can get all of them done. Real world keeps me from spending as much time as I need, but they will be done.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    It’s up!

Gonna get it before the site gets oversubscribed....

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Just an FYI, I'm reworking the cockpit textures and that will be a separate upload as soon as I can get all of them done. Real world keeps me from spending as much time as I need, but they will be done.
    Thanks for that Ed!!

Priller

VF114 and VX 4

Now I am trying to redo VF-114.

I think VF-114 was baked into a model therefore. no textures were listed in new release.

Edit: VF-114 was model.6 in previous release. If I copy that model.6 to the new release, it's a no show.

So, it looks like a lot of conversions will need to be done in order to make the old paints work in the new release.

Old paints seem to work fine for me GE - eventually. You need to reload the aircraft one or two times I find I think for the shaders - or something like that - to settle in.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thank you Penz, Ulrich, and Ed for your generous contributions. Great work and much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Old paints seem to work fine for me GE - eventually. You need to reload the aircraft one or two times I find I think for the shaders - or something like that - to settle in.

I have managed to "luck out" and restore one or two, thing of it is, the previous version had model numbers (Model.x) and this version uses model letters (Model.J) -
    Having said that, it's touch and go trying to find the right model/letter to use. The VF-114 was in previous edition as a model and had no texture. Had to drop the "model"
    into the new version to get the VF-114 back. It's little things like that. Are there repaints in library here?
    Last edited by gray eagle; May 3rd, 2020 at 04:50.

I fly the Phantom in P3D V4.5 and have the same problem as the above Picture, the Windows seems unvisible. Is there a way to solve this problem? I checked and found that there is no texure for the glass. it seems to be linked to the model as material.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post

The N is reversed on the rudder... Is it supposed to be like that?

JP, you have a PM!!

Priller

Got the sonic boom effect working in P3D V4.5 in this new release.

How is the vapor cone effect set up ?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Thanks Ed, as always very much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Now I am trying to redo VF-114.

I think VF-114 was baked into a model therefore. no textures were listed in new release.

Edit: VF-114 was model.6 in previous release. If I copy that model.6 to the new release, it's a no show.

So, it looks like a lot of conversions will need to be done in order to make the old paints work in the new release.
    You should definitely NOT add old models Sir!

If you are referring to model.6 from the old pack 1 (the model I added) it is a J model. So you just do what is outlined for the other J models in the readme file:

Substitute "model=6" with "model=J" in "aircraft.cfg" and copy "texture.cfg" from "texture.J" to you newly added repaint folder.

-JP

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    You should definitely NOT add old models Sir!

If you are referring to model.6 from the old pack 1 (the model I added) it is a J model. So you just do what is outlined for the other J models in the readme file:

Substitute "model=6" with "model=J" in "aircraft.cfg" and copy "texture.cfg" from "texture.J" to you newly added repaint folder.

-JP
    Ah,,, Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheusfz View Post
    I fly the Phantom in P3D V4.5 and have the same problem as the above Picture, the Windows seems unvisible. Is there a way to solve this problem? I checked and found that there is no texure for the glass. it seems to be linked to the model as material.
    The windows are visible, but not very much.

From some angles they are as good as invisible. They are indeed made of a material without texture, I have not changed that from the FS9 model. Postbaer61's PBR models will have texture added for the canopy glass as far as I know.

-JP

Dark cockpit

In P3D V4.5 the cockpit is dark.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    In P3D V4.5 the cockpit is dark.

Looks like you are missing some textures, did you maybe forget to add the correct "texture.cfg" to this repaint folder?

Cheers,
    JP

Looks like you are missing some textures, did you maybe forget to add the correct "texture.cfg" to this repaint folder?

Cheers,
    JP
    I did. This is the VF-114 texture. Screen shot is from VF-114 cockpit

Texture cfg=

fallback.1=..\texture.VC

Looks and flies great in fsx. Can't express how much I like this update. Thanks to all for your work!!!!

Cheers,
    JP
    It's all sorted now, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Yes, i used the rcb miljet gauge as Jafo explained in post #55
    but with Doug Dawson's dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll gauge for P3D v4.5

In panel.cfg...

// --------------------------------------------------- SONIC BOOM

gauge07=rcb-miljet!SonicBoomControl, 0,0 // The SonicBoom gauge
    gauge08=dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64!Sound, 0,0,,, ./gauges/rcb-miljet/COP_Sound.ini // Plays sounds

// -------------------------------------- TRANSONIC VAPOUR CONE EFFECT

In aircraft.cfg /lights...
    light.11 = 10, -10.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_RCB_machenvlop,1 // SonicBoom effect
    The vapor cone effect entry ^ isn't working for me in P3D V4.5

The sonic boom works great.

Members who have read this thread: 15