Scenery priority in library

Thread: Scenery priority in library

Scenery priority in library

OK guys
    "Splain" to me ONE more time The scenery library you talk about sometimes in recent posts regarding scenery issues or some of the newest missions is the library screen in the sim--not scenery.cfg file ( is is opposite).
    I have my scenery "bassackwards" , I think.
    I have reread some instructions and i.e., I should activate UT's Caroline_ Atolls, then Caroline_ Islands and/or activate MR Gilbert Islands Masks and Excludes first, then MR Gilbert Water and Landclass, and last MR Gilbert Islands.
    Another example is UT's New Britain--Activate SWPTO_ Rivers first, then SWPTO_Reefs and last SWPTO_Islands.
    I think I then have to go to the scenery.cfg file and correct it to match the proper priority since I have already activated them improperly.
    I know I have to deactivate and then reactivate in the proper sequence--Right?

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    OK guys
    "Splain" to me ONE more time The scenery library you talk about sometimes in recent posts regarding scenery issues or some of the newest missions is the library screen in the sim--not scenery.cfg file ( is is opposite).
    I have my scenery "bassackwards" , I think.
    I have reread some instructions and i.e., I should activate UT's Caroline_ Atolls, then Caroline_ Islands and/or activate MR Gilbert Islands Masks and Excludes first, then MR Gilbert Water and Landclass, and last MR Gilbert Islands.
    Another example is UT's New Britain--Activate SWPTO_ Rivers first, then SWPTO_Reefs and last SWPTO_Islands.
    I think I then have to go to the scenery.cfg file and correct it to match the proper priority since I have already activated them improperly.
    I know I have to deactivate and then reactivate in the proper sequence--Right?
    WRT my Gilberts pack. Looking at the scenery library list: MR Gilbert Islands should be first(on top)- last loaded, MR Gilbert Islands Water and Landclass should be second, and MR Gilberts Masks and Excludes should be last (bottom)- loads first.

You shouldn't need to do anything directly with the scenery.cfg file.

Just move them up and down until they are in the proper sequence.

Close CFS2

Then go to your CFS2 parent folder. Run a search on *_INDEX. Delete the results.

Also run a search on *.dat and delete the results.

Restart CFS2

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

MR
    That's what I finally realized after all this time. Rami tried to instruct me a few years ago but I must have been a bad student. Most of my installs are pretty simple, but I am going back to take a look. That may be why some of my scenery looks out of whack in some theater installs.
    Thanks so much for confirming.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    WRT my Gilberts pack. Looking at the scenery library list: MR Gilbert Islands should be first(on top)- last loaded, MR Gilbert Islands Water and Landclass should be second, and MR Gilberts Masks and Excludes should be last (bottom)- loads first.

You shouldn't need to do anything directly with the scenery.cfg file.

Just move them up and down until they are in the proper sequence.

Close CFS2

Then go to your CFS2 parent folder. Run a search on *_INDEX. Delete the results.

Also run a search on *.dat and delete the results.

Restart CFS2

Cheers,
    MR

Wot he said Just use the scenery library screen to move stuff around.

To visualise things, think of the order you see in the window as a series of layers:

eye candy on the top
    then the airbases & objects
    They sit on top of land & waterclass sceneries
    which sits on top of any mesh
    the higher mesh LOD numbers sit on top of the lower LOD numbers
    and it all sits on top of the default scenery

Like a house sitting on foundations, with the nice decoration & contents sitting on top of the foundation & basic structure.

OK got it . Thanks I did have them reversed.

Members who have read this thread: 0